Twelve12's Breeding Program

Bassman59 Yes, it was that simple, and I'm glad too lol. Or I would have to bother with the CS treatment forcing the female to produce pollen. At week 9 the plant shot out nanners and it self pollinated since the pistils is right there. 3 weeks later we get ripened seeds. Took 12 weeks total. Maybe sooner I have to look at my notes...

wow, I had no idea it could be that easy. Has me thinking. Harvest 80% of a plant as per normal. Leave 1-2 mature buds, and let her go till seeds and they'll be fem?

Bassman59 yes, if there are no other male plants in the garden it should be feminized seeds. Expect a 1% hermie though. Try out and see it for yourself. Remember, not all strains will produce pollen in late late flowering.

No way, never knew that. Nice one twelve12. So is it because if you leave a couple of buds on and keep going they are sort of under stress so become hermi and produce some 90% fem seeds?

Could I do it with my Tangerine 12?? :goodjob:

JBC420 said:
No way, never knew that. Nice one twelve12. So is it because if you leave a couple of buds on and keep going they are sort of under stress so become hermi and produce some 90% fem seeds?

Could I do it with my Tangerine 12?? :goodjob:

Many cannabis strains will self pollinate if left to grow past normal ripe stage. It's a last ditch effort at procreating before death, and a bit different perhaps than other stresses in that it will happen under otherwise ideal conditions. I believe Soma, the breeder who makes strains like "Lavender" and sells thru the major seed banks makes fem seeds this way (as do some others). If you ever have an otherwise non-hermie plant produce just a handful of seeds in a whole harvest... Save them! They are most likely healthy, female seeds if they are mature.

My "Lucy" produced just one (all I've found through more than 2z vaped so far)! But, it looks mature and healthy, and you can bet I'll grow it out... As far as I can tell, it's the only seed in an otherwise seedless harvest, and most likely female.

As I understand it, these late harvest fems are also often a near clone genetically, as all genes are coming from same plant. Win win!

Not sure if this would work on your Tangerine, but it might!

Hope you don't mind me chiming in, Twelve...

NIce one Xlr8!! Never knew that. Thats cool good to know. Learning a lot of a few of you at the min. new knowledge everyday. Thanks Xlr8 and Twelve12.

Bassman59 yes, if there are no other male plants in the garden it should be feminized seeds. Expect a 1% hermie though. Try out and see it for yourself. Remember, not all strains will produce pollen in late late flowering.

Sqwheels didn't have such good luck with her White Widow plants, she got a bunch of males/herms when she grew the seeds out. I think her "parent" plant had more herm tendencies, but it was a good experience. She's moved away from those genetics now I think.

GodSpeed Yes, try it out and is quite easy. Looking forward to the sea of purple myself. Go find your gem!

JBC420 yes, leave the lower bud sites longer and the nanners should grow. If not report back so we know which strain does not have this survival strategy. If you really want feminized seeds then try a different methods of activating the hermie hormone.

Xlr8 very cool on the finding the seed. The universe gifted you another copy. Breeder's dream. I like when other members help out, like hearing different perspective and experiences.

OG13 Poor Sqwheels. Definitely keep away from hermies. Although they are bad, the late arrivals are always welcome. When we need feminized seeds they will be the key ingredient to complete the piece. Plants with early hermie are eliminated. When flowering out flowers make sure the environment is running optimal to reduce hermie from coming through. We used to kill males, then find out they are useful, same thing is happening to hermies, and I began to see their usefulness in the creating a copy from a gem.

I've alwasy been a fan of males (cannabis plants).....In moderation of course!

hahahaa funny guy!! Keep that male love to yourself bruv haha. Everything in moderation though lol. only jokin OG13.:rofl:

Nice one Twelve12. So when I harvest the Tangerine Dream, I just leave some of the bottom decent buds on, like 2 good ones with some leaves and let it keep growing??

I'll put all the progress in my journal so people can see the tangerine try to produce some seed's. Thanks again!!:peace:

JBC420 Yes, leave some lower bud sites along with some fan leaves (if the plant still have them) for 2-3 weeks more. If pollen does not appear after the 3rd week the plant is unable to become a hermie plant. Looking forward to the experiment!

WoCha Thank you. I'm no master. I'm a slave.

JBC420 Yes, leave some lower bud sites along with some fan leaves (if the plant still have them) for 2-3 weeks more. If pollen does not appear after the 3rd week the plant is unable to become a hermie plant. Looking forward to the experiment!

WoCha Thank you. I'm no master. I'm a slave.

Slave to the love that is healing... Enraptured by the passion that is breeding

Yeah man nice one 12! I'l be running it in my journal when I harvest in 7-10 days. Hope I get some Tangerine Dream pollen as well, will see if I can pollinate a clone Pineapple Chunk when its in flower. Will this be ok to do?

hey twelve12

had a flick through ur thread sorry ddnt read it all pushed for time seems great from wot i did read tho just curious as to how autoflowering strains r produced sorry if this has been answered already

we are all slaves in one way or another, :Namaste:

Freedom = Freedom of speech freedom of action and thought. not this

Slave = someone who is governed by a higher authority and rely's on this authority to live . More like this

But we at 420 free in our own way, away from pharmaceutical giants and their dangerous drugs. Free to do as we please.

One has a moral obligation to disobey unjust laws - Martin Luther King!!:Namaste:

Freedom = Freedom of speech freedom of action and thought. not this

Slave = someone who is governed by a higher authority and rely's on this authority to live . More like this

But we at 420 free in our own way, away from pharmaceutical giants and their dangerous drugs. Free to do as we please.

One has a moral obligation to disobey unjust laws - Martin Luther King!!:Namaste:

I do not disobey laws , its just a quote.

Back
Top Bottom