12 i was reading about tissue culture and cloning a while back and remember there being something about keeping cuttings in the refrigerator and it seems as tho it said 3 months of stasis, im going to have to search and re read it to be sure of my facts so dont take that to the bank obviously, but it could prove useful if true, im interested in this also,givin im thinking breeding and such with new found excitement, i'll be back, i think it was here on 420mag ,:thumb:
p.s. i did throw a bag full of cuttings in the crisper drawer once while i was away for a week upon returning they were fine and rooted as normal but again it was only a week of added time:peace:

fncg ~ Thanks, glad you enjoy it.

bigirishdoode ~ Wish I could use the fridge, it is off limit for anything Cannabis related. The idea you have sounds great. I think the Time Capsule I have can last up to 2 months. Doing a test right now to see the limit of a clone in plain water. Starting to plan out my Time Capsule tubes unit housing for them. It will help greatly with the breeding aspect of the grow, keeping all clones until the winner is selected. Veg clone in waiting, the clone/mother in flower, keep one male/female per generation and discard the rest.

very nice thread 12/12, gonna try this out as well seeing i will have 3k watts started in main bloom, then upto 4k soon enough. this will help out alot seeing i use a 600watt in my veg. hoping to see some real nice growth using this method.

yo 12, nice watchin this since i joined, very interested and have already learned alot from ya, had to give ya +rep for that pic up top man... 3d dank...lovin it.. if youget a chance could you stop by my journal and check it out bro/, thanks again and will be watchin future posts:bravo:

Twelve, I'm a bit medicated, but did you ever post the specifics of the Time Machine yet or will you? I can't tell if I missed it, or you haven't posted it. I'm interested in your methodology... Sorry if I missed it somehow. I'm super impressed by your approach to furthering your knowledge and skills and willingness to experiment. Nice job on the MOTM tips by the way. :thumb:

djkurisu1
Thanks. How are you wiring the room to get 3K watts? Mine can go up to 1.5K and the breaker goes off. Looking forward to see your flowering plants. Do you have a journal?

jdub
Thanks. Just checked out your grow, looking good, keep it up. BPN is a good nute and your plants will love it.

Xlr8
Learning dies when the last brain cell stop moving. Hehe otherwise it's on. You mean the Time Capsule? It's basically a cup of water with cuttings in it. I'm going to built a tube to place them in making it easy to manage all the clones. I use it to prolong veg time without being in the veg tent, keeping them alive before they can be use again, especially or males.

SM - Update

Got some more seeds in the process of germination.

- 1x Early Queen - Regular - Hope for a female, already got a male.
- 1x ATA Tundra - Reguar - Hope for a female, already got a male.
- 1x Super Lemon Haze :love: - Feminzed - Hope for better pheno. Like the one I have but just to see if this seed has anything special. Already got 2 mother plants going (each from different seeds), with this one making it 3 mothers in 3gal airpot = clone army
- 2x Tuna Salad (Hammerhead x Grapefruit Diesel) - Regular - Personal cross from the breeding program. Only two seeds available so using it up now.
- 8x Ice Age (Downtown Stumble (Vanilla Kush x Grapefruit Diesel) x ATA Tundra - Regular - Personal cross
- 8x Frozen Amazon (Heavy Duty Fruity x ATA Tundra) - Regular - Personal cross
- 8x Pineapple Smoothie (Pineapple Express x ATA Tundra) - Regular - Personal cross

- GPD S1 already sprouted. Two weeks later it's clone time.
- ordered Bloom Booster from BPN to enhance flowering.

Been researching on the new light combo for the new bloom room. This time I'm upgrading the quality of reflector, ballast, and bulb.

- 1000w Lumatex digital ballast
- 1000w DigiLux HPS bulb
- Big Kahuna reflector :love:
= close to 600 usd

Either that or 2x 600w with smaller reflector, and general brand digital ballast, with no brand MH/HPS bulb.

Planning to have 2000w in the room, for now I can only afford one 1000w with the reflector. I'll start with one to get the bud burning, it should pack like 60 plants under the 1000w no problem. Anyone using the same brand of the ballast and bulb let me know how you like it. I've seen the Big Kahuna reflector at work and they are great.

I have one of those HTG lights, been using it without any issues for the past 2 years

Re: SM - Update

- 1x Super Lemon Haze :love: - Feminzed - Hope for better pheno. Like the one I have but just to see if this seed has anything special. Already got 2 mother plants going (each from different seeds), with this one making it 3 mothers in 3gal airpot = clone army
I :love: Super Lemon Haze too, I've cloned a small army because it's so good.
and nice job Twelve12...your a pillar in the community.
Do your leaves look like their made of cloth/silk? it's the weirdest lookin plant but a great head spin. At least in my little girls club.

djkurisu1
Thanks. How are you wiring the room to get 3K watts? Mine can go up to 1.5K and the breaker goes off. Looking forward to see your flowering plants. Do you have a journal?

jdub
Thanks. Just checked out your grow, looking good, keep it up. BPN is a good nute and your plants will love it.

Xlr8
Learning dies when the last brain cell stop moving. Hehe otherwise it's on. You mean the Time Capsule? It's basically a cup of water with cuttings in it. I'm going to built a tube to place them in making it easy to manage all the clones. I use it to prolong veg time without being in the veg tent, keeping them alive before they can be use again, especially or males.

Ah, I thought there was a little more to the Time Capsule (ooops not Time Machine, lol). I'm intrigued by the idea of being able to keep them somewhat in stasis. Tissue culture is great, but seems a little daunting to get it right and keep things sterile. I'd love a happy medium between proper vegging and tissue culture... Thanks for the info and great journal so far... :thumb:

Propa Gator, OrganicTreees, Mr Smith ~ I've decided to go with the 1000w Lumatex with the Big Kahuna reflector. After comparison and internal debate I have decided to give a 1000w a grow, since I have no experience growing under such intensity. With the big reflector it will spread the light further perfect for SOG while lessen light penetration. Since the plants be short, and SOG, giving up some penetration for wider spread. Will have another 1000w making it 2000w total for the new bloom room by early 2012. Getting started with one for now since still waiting for the room to fill up with new clones.

GreneLeaf ~ It is a great strain. Everyone asks for it and I've made a mistake in discontinue growing it for one harvest, and lost most of my clients, but they'll be back once the clones produce more. No one has it around my area. Also interested in making some SLH hashish, full melt. The leaves looks normal, not too dark, and filled with trichs. Still 1/2 through flowering still waiting for the rest to unfold. I like the bud structure of it, big calyx, loaded with aroma, can't wait. Where's your SLH grow journal? Can't seem to find it.

Xlr8 ~ It's doing great, I think the cutting can survive over 3 months being on nothing but water. Right now they are about to complete a 2 months semi-stasis. Replacing the cup with fresh water weekly, and trimming down the roots if needs to, it's all good. It's the least expensive, quick method that I could find, eventually I would like to get into Tissue Culture when I get a factory lab.

I would like to get into Tissue Culture
Me too, do you own a copy of Plants From Test Tubes by Lydiane Kyte & John Klyne?
Best $20 you'll spend, but do it now.

1667283690957.png

Twelve12
I've got 3 or 4 strains..opps make that 5...the SLH is mixed and matched in both the veg and flower cabinets. I'm not as organized as some around here. ;)

The clones on 9-19:
100_17583.jpg

here they are a week ago11-27:
000_00321.jpg

got 4 flowering and a few more in the veg cabinet, I've really only got 7 to 8 which is a small army to me.

Propa Gator ~ Thank you. Will buy that book and read up on it.

GreneLeaf ~ The plants looks great. Looks organized to me! Keep it up.

GodSpeed ~ 2012 is very close, I just hope the world does not end I just got into growing, haha. No photos from the new room until it is finished and plants are growing. Right now I still need to clean out the mess left by previous roommate. Stay tunes…

Mr. Krip ~ Firestorms is flowering. Got two females and one male (time capsule). I like one of the female she is beautiful, very much like the mother (Pineapple Express) with more beauty…not sure how she smokes yet, the firestorms are 1/2 through flowering. See the pics here.

Back
Top Bottom