Woodsman Outdoors

Hey Woodsman, Good to see your back :party:

I love your posts, even the sad ones because I know that I'm not alone or as screwed...thanks for that.

As for the Hash... I'm not as experienced as you, but I loved every bit of what I scraped up.

I'll be so happy for you when things get better, and I'm happy that you're sticking it out with us here too. I'm one of you're biggest fans, your writing skills always have me waiting for a good one. If only you could bottle and sell some of your tales.

Well, I'm putting a pretty dull smoke report up on my journal, My friends all say it's real good. One of them even had to be calmed down, had a bad trip...she's the oldest hippie that I know!

See you around then my man, take care and keep the faith or grow some pot or something. :Namaste:

Sorry to hear about the work situation. I feel you, it is tough out there no matter what the Gov. says. "GETTING BETTER" B.S. At least you have some good smoke and that long cure has got to make those buds smell absolutely wonderful. Good luck with job.

Hey Woodsman, Good to see your back :party:

I love your posts, even the sad ones because I know that I'm not alone or as screwed...thanks for that.

As for the Hash... I'm not as experienced as you, but I loved every bit of what I scraped up.

I'll be so happy for you when things get better, and I'm happy that you're sticking it out with us here too. I'm one of you're biggest fans, your writing skills always have me waiting for a good one. If only you could bottle and sell some of your tales.

Well, I'm putting a pretty dull smoke report up on my journal, My friends all say it's real good. One of them even had to be calmed down, had a bad trip...she's the oldest hippie that I know!

See you around then my man, take care and keep the faith or grow some pot or something. :Namaste:

Hello my old partner in crime! Nice to have ya around my friend. I'm chillin before bed with some of the green sh*t that was draining in the coffee filter. Dried enough in my hands for a couple little 'seed' size pieces, smoked them a few minutes ago and man, I'm feeling just fine. Very good like the smoke only like smoking a lot of it at once!

I'll check in on your smoke report tomorrow when I'm partly sane :Rasta:

Sorry to hear about the work situation. I feel you, it is tough out there no matter what the Gov. says. "GETTING BETTER" B.S. At least you have some good smoke and that long cure has got to make those buds smell absolutely wonderful. Good luck with job.

Hello buddy good of you to drop in. Have a hit or two with me and the Kid

:passitleft: :passitleft:

If it weren't' for the smoke, I'd have gone completely mad by now. Good to have ya around Sonzor my friend

Nite to all! :peace:

Wait a minute Woodsman ! :grinjoint:

Your not getting out of here without me saying "Hello"!

Really, good to see you out and about, if only for a while. The Nurses have been asking about you. I just told them you were just taking a tour of possible work places and you haven't chosen one yet. They just giggled and said they were waiting for you! Love you Bud! :yahoo:

Morning Woodsman! Don't be a stranger! It's turning to growing season, are you tempted to toss a few beans into the dirt? I think the grow was a good therapy for you, it sure has been for me. Take care bro!

Morning Woodsman! Don't be a stranger! It's turning to growing season, are you tempted to toss a few beans into the dirt? I think the grow was a good therapy for you, it sure has been for me. Take care bro!

Hey Blue, I'm very tempted to 'toss a few' seeds outside. Not a great idea though if we're going to put the place up for sale and have (we hope) folks looking at the place. Not very many spots outside (around the property) that I could grow something and not have it in plain sight. Anywhere that would be 'out of plain view' would be in the shade. Too bad though as I've got some terrific seeds! Got'em in the fridge and will hopefully find a 'new' home for them soon.

Wait a minute Woodsman ! :grinjoint:

Your not getting out of here without me saying "Hello"!

Really, good to see you out and about, if only for a while. The Nurses have been asking about you. I just told them you were just taking a tour of possible work places and you haven't chosen one yet. They just giggled and said they were waiting for you! Love you Bud! :yahoo:

LOL! Howdy O! Well I figured you'd find your way over to the Northwoods. I figured I ought to let folks know that I'm still 'kickin'. Pretty soon I'll be able to get outside and make a few pipes. The wife came up with a good idea the other day. 'Why don't you make 'hair buckles' with the hickory?' Those are the things that ladies hold there hair up with or for keeping a ponytail in place. An oval shape piece with a 'needle' going through it. Like a hairpiece worn by Native American gals (usually beaded). I've been looking for more 'mainstream' items to make (not just pipes). Here's a link to what I mean. Wish I could get a website like this guys also. He's got some great ideas. Wooden Hair Buckle

Well bud, you'll just have to suffer and keep the Nurses happy till I can help you out!

did you guys here,
it was just announced that cannabis is being taken off schedule 1 this week

Howdy Joe! Explain what's 'schedule 1'? What does this mean then? Got to check your PM out!

LOL (better yet its 5oclock time for happy hr someplace)
hey woodsman in the fall you had problems with mold which you tried a water cure or such to fix it? how did that work out? I cannot find the part of the thread with that.

Hello Chronic. Well I went back to the pages in the 'early 60's' (at least on my browser) and found this report. I've copied it below for you and anyone else that's interested. While the taste is nothing wonderful (kind of like smoking herbal tea) the effect is A++. To kill the mold spores I used a tiny bit of Hydrogen Peroxide mixed in with the first days' water treatment. After that I used water only. No more spores and I didn't have to throw away all that great smoke! I smoke it alone or mix it with my other stuff occasionally in joints. It is like smoking 'weed concentrate' as the plant material shrinks somewhat in the water cure, but the trichomes don't. So a small piece of the W/C is equal to a larger piece of the reg cure in potency.

From awhile back:

Water Cure

Alright so I've finished with the whole thing and you ask, " How the f@$@^k did it turn out?

First off, concerning 'drying it too much', I did, but not an issue since it is now cured (just did a 'water cure') and as long as I keep it in jars, it won't get crumbly like it would in a baggie.

Initially wanted to do as Lavendar suggested, using a fan to dry it rather than the oven. Couldn't find anything to use like a screen or such and needing to 'get it done' 'now', well, the oven it was!

Prep

Strained the water out of the jars one at a time to not confuse me as to what is what.

*Suggest you write down what strain is going to what pan and revise it as need be.

Rinse the buds with fresh water and drain

Preheat oven to lowest setting possible. Our old oven dial has 140 as the lowest written temp, but there was plenty of room below it on the dial. I was able to pick up and hold the pans with my hands without burning them.

Placed the three different strains (bagweed's 1A, 1B and #2) onto three different surfaces. I used what I could find, one was a low sided oven pan (rectangular), another was a round oven 'pizza' pan with holes (great) and the last one was a screen/lid for a frying pan (used on top of a frying pan so oil doesn't splatter around)

Oven Drying

Placed them into the oven using both oven racks ( I later change their positions around when one was drying faster than others )

Placed small fan on the opened oven door and faced it into the oven. It was as far from the elements as possible. I would recommend NOT having your wife or girlfriend at home when doing this as this may be hazardous to your health. In my case the wife went to visit friends.

Do not smoke too much indica at this point of the operation since falling asleep on the couch is not advisable. Check often for safety reasons and to see if you need to move the pans around as you'll find that certain areas of your oven are warmer than others (the door's open and the fans going). It took me about 4-5 hours from the time the stuff went into the oven till it was all dry. My three different strains all dried at different times and depended on what they were sitting on and where in the oven they were.. Took them out when the stems cracked. I did not want to leave them moist at all as that would have involved WORK with more drying the normal way. Remember, I've just water cured them, there is no need to cure them again in the conventional way. That would be like cooking your food twice. LOL

Conclusion

Buds:

They come out very dark in color with the leaves turning almost black and the calyxes turning a nice medium brown. There is no 'green' left that I can see unless the 'black' of the leaves is really a very dark green.

They are tight and dry and do not crumble in my hands. More 'hard' than crumbly.

They have a feint smell to them that is vaguely reminiscent of their original smell (after a reg cure).

So how do they rate as far as smokeability?

Rolled a joint of 1B and #2 (pink lady)

Tried 1B first and after two hits and 1/2 hour later I finally noticed the thing stuck to my fingers! About an hour after this very very strong 'up high' that rivaled if not exceeded the original 1B, I couldn't help myself and rolled the #2 bagweed into a joint and at some point that I don't remember too well, got even higher.

The taste is also vaguely reminiscent of the originals though only at about 20%. There is absolutely no bad residues left in the buds. I popped some in a bowl and ended up with the cleanest looking and whitest ash I've seen. Light as dust and white as snow. It crumbled when I looked at it! LOL

I would give both of them both a 9 for potency and that's only because I don't know how much more potent is possible. It was almost as though I had never smoked either one of the bagweeds before and was trying them for the first time. Know what I mean? A new smoke

So instead of having a loss of up to six ounces of prime weed (to mold), I gained three 'new' strains! Or it seems that way at least, different tastes/smell, different highs (seems like). So from seven different 'highs' to ten! In one week!.

Obviously from my experience the water cure worked and worked very very well. I did mine with a a little peroxide to get rid of my mold spores and it sure did (no visible signs of mold after 24 hours), normally you'd just use water. For those of you who are doing it to fix a 'non flushed' product or one that does not taste good etc.,go ahead, it's not hard at all. I just looked up the 'how to's', on the net and got great advise from some of my friends and ended up with some very potent smoke that burns to a white ash so you know it's pure!. From moldy to pure and very potent in one week!

Seems to me that you don't need to have a reason to water cure and is a viable option for any one at anytime. Try it, water cure a small portion of your next crop. It will be like you have a different strain to smoke. It will now be a very viable option in any future grow, whether it's for more variety or to fix a problem.

Pics

Here are some pics to compare the Water Cured buds to my partially Cured Bubba Kush (another couple of weeks perhaps)

Green buds are the Bubba Kush and the darker buds, the water cured Bagweed 1A.

DSCN21931.JPG

DSCN2194.JPG

DSCN2198.JPG

Thanks for checking my stuff out! As always, your comments and suggestions are welcome!

:blunt:

was this done on pm mold or other? I have some a lb or so of buds and colas hanging in my holiday trailer since fall awaiting me to return to the garden (summer supplies). when I was there on the weekend almost all the buds/colas had a silky webby mold over/in them. whiteish-grey. I wonder if it'll work for that type of mold too.

Not sure if what I had was PM. Under the 'scope' mine looked like a trichome (kind of). The stalk was 'hair thin' and the 'head' was 'very' white. Instead of a solid round head, the spore had a roundish overall shape, but was made up of many spores. These 'things' were generally much smaller than a real trichome. I was able to spot them among the real trichomes by the pure white color. They would be concentrated in 'colonies' and would have some 'web-like' structure associated with it though visible only with the scope. Gave my stuff a 'funky' smell in the infected jars. Dead giveaway and that's how I found some last month (or so) in a jar of my Mazar. Had to W/C that one also. Needless to say, me and the scope have become 'great buddies'! I'm always paranoid that I'll find another outbreak! I won't really since it all came about from not having my stuff dry enough or did not burp the jars sufficiently as they started their cure. Fortunately only some of my stuff was affected. Unfortunately all of my Pink Lady (bagweed #2) was affected! Well I've got a few seeds from that one, so someday I'll grow some pink buds again.

yo wood long time no talk, how ya been bro, i see u have perfected bagweed, well i got a couple and im gettin ready to harvest them, im gonna use a diy dry box and then cure them in a big ass relish jar, how long should i let them hang dry?? and then how long do u think i should leave them in the jar and how many times should i burp them a day?? by the looks of ur buds i definitely want mines to look like them!!! if you could let me know id appreciate it, thanks wood!!! if ya got time take a look at my journal, maybe u can give me some pointers!!! thanks again!! :tokin:

Got to apologize again for not checking my thread. Heart not so into it with our situation and all lately. Thank you for all your patience!

I will be trying this when I go to start ground work and staying there, give me something to do for a bit and save my "summer supply"
Thanks for the help Woodsman appreciate it

When you soak your buds make sure you don't 'seal' the top (lid). Submerge the buds completely in the water (use something heavy that will weigh the stuff down). Good luck my friend!

yo wood long time no talk, how ya been bro, i see u have perfected bagweed, well i got a couple and im gettin ready to harvest them, im gonna use a diy dry box and then cure them in a big ass relish jar, how long should i let them hang dry?? and then how long do u think i should leave them in the jar and how many times should i burp them a day?? by the looks of ur buds i definitely want mines to look like them!!! if you could let me know id appreciate it, thanks wood!!! if ya got time take a look at my journal, maybe u can give me some pointers!!! thanks again!! :tokin:

Dry box is just fine. Dry them until the stems crack and then into the jar. burp them daily (open and air out). You thought that they were dry when you first put them in the jars, but they are not totally dry. You'll see this the first time you go to burp them. they will have retained a bit of moisture and this is what you need to dry off with the burping (do this till the large stems crack when bent, no sooner or you will get the mold (like I did on some ). good luck my friend!

Woodsman you prob forgot about me but im back this time hoping this time around hopin no BS happens, im starin new journal plz come by and help and give any info thanks allot-GM8

Forget is my middle name but you my friend I have not forgotten! I'm not as active right now on the site so don't know when I'll be around to visit, but don't give up on me yet! Just very preoccupied with our lives right now.

Peace to all!!

Hey Woodsman. :smokin:

Haven't logged in for some time, just wanted to swing by and say HELLO!

Been busy with the research and am closing in on my Bachelors a lot sooner than I had realized but its a lot of work and a full time job for sure.

I was reminded of this fine corner of the internet by several emails in my Cotton Candy photo post. Apparently in my absense several members have accused my Cotton Candy pictures of being photoshopped! :rofl:

I am not sure if I should be insulted or honored, LOL!

My favorite strains were always the colorful ones, its a shame some people do not realize that there is such thing as a Cannabis plant with non-white hairs. Ahh well, it was still the most beautiful plant I have ever grown and I am proud as hell of those pictures, haters be damned.

My veggie garden is in full swing, taters, red onions soon to be ready for harvest, and several varieties of tomatoes, peppers and herbs (the non cannabis types unfortunately) recently started and thriving. I think I will do a bonsai ganja plant for shits and giggles. Even when not able to grow beautiful Mary Jane I still love the rewards of growing a garden.

Hope all is well in your neck of the Woods, talk to you soon! :smokin:

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

:Namaste:

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

:Namaste:

I dont see how this would be moved to abandoned.
The grow is complete.
Harvested / cured / and smoke reported.
Please move to completed journals.

Back
Top Bottom