Wreckedsummer's - CFL - Bonsai Garden

Wreckedsummer

Hey Friends, Family and New Followers :welcome:

Round 2... Fight!

I am starting a new journal, with new hopes and goals:

- Want to help new CFL growers; somewhere for discussion, guidance and ideas.
- Improve my techniques through the amazing guidance of our experienced members.
- Improve my yield from last grow.
- Keep it as cheap as possible, you know me haha.
- And general discussion: please feel free to share your thoughts and ideas (even if it rocks the boat, that's how we are going to learn), post photos, post links to other 420 member journals and tell me if I'm doing something wrong haha.

The Grow Rooms:
I have 2 separate grow areas. One for Veg and one for Flower.

Veg Room:
Just a "cheap plastic box" lined with a car wind shield reflector. I use Clip on lamps all connected to a power board set on a timer. I don't particularly like the idea of splicing wires, but if you choose to do that, make sure safety comes first, seriously.

Lighting:
4 x Clip on Lamps running CFLs: (2x warm white, 2700k-3500k & 2x daylight, 6500k)
-18 hours on and 6 hours off

Air:
1x Column fan oscillating over the top of the canopy.
1x Stationary fan exhausting air out of the area.

Temps:
Lights off: 21-25C
Lights on: 28-33C

20160109_133029.jpg

20160109_133039.jpg

20160109_133404.jpg

Flower Box:
This was made last grow and worked a treat. Same style as the Veg room but its standing up. I cut holes in the top for the lights, and this box has computer fans for ventilation as well. I found some black out plastic for bedroom windows and with some electrical tape and a bit of patience, fashioned some form of a tent haha.

Lighting:
4 x Clip on Lamps running CFLs: (3x warm white, 2700k-3500k & 1x daylight, 6500k)
-18 hours on and 6 hours off ( running veg lighting for the moment till I've finished training the girls, then it will be a flick to 12 hours on 12 hours off)

Air:
1x Column fan oscillating over the top of the canopy.
1x Stationary fan cooling lights.
2x Computer fans- Exhaust
1x Computer fans- Intake

Temps:
Lights off: 21-25C
Lights on: 28-35C

20160109_133053.jpg

20160109_133100.jpg

20160109_133124.jpg

20160109_133231.jpg

The Girls:
This are 3 generation clones, from an unknown hybrid strain.
They were cloned in rockwool and hormone powder and showed roots in 10 days.
I saved the best 6.
They are in a mixture of seedling soil and perlite 70/30: soil/perlite
They are watered when needed (lift the pot method) and have full wet and dry cycles.
Nutes that are given are just from the garden shop, not designed for cannabis but the NPK is 12/2/6
They are fed every third watering at half strength for the moment.
Will need a different nute for flowering, but we shall cross that bridge later.
I've given them numbers so we are all talking about the same ones.

s#1
20160109_132703.jpg

20160109_132716.jpg

s#2
20160109_132744.jpg

20160109_132752.jpg

s#3
20160109_132812.jpg

20160109_132823.jpg

s#4
20160109_132911.jpg

20160109_132916.jpg

s#5
20160109_132936.jpg

20160109_132944.jpg

s#6
20160109_133007.jpg

20160109_133012.jpg

So there is a quick run through, will continue to add and explain as we go on.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by and as always...

Peace, Love and Respect to each and every one of you
:love:
Wrecked :passitleft:

Looks good wrecked, ill have to go check out your other journal too. Im trying to get my brother started into growing and i think a closet cfl is simple and cheap. He already has the lights too. Anyway im subbed up wit ya :thumb:

Hey Nicholas! 1st here! 1000 wrecked points to you my man, not valid for anything hahaha

Definitely get your brother into it, and maybe a journal to follow? Haha

Thanks for stopping by,
For you :passitleft:

:popcorn:Wrecked my man....and another one!:high-five:

One thing I have notice when buying 23w cfls is from mfg to mfg the lumen output count is different. For instance, I bought brand Osram(Wal-Mart) and it's labeled on the ballast 63 Lumens per watt. Which makes it 1,449 lumens. I bought another brand called Eco(Home Depot) and they say their 23w cfls put out 1600 lumens. So watch what you are buying if you are counting lumens.

Heya ws, lookin good pal,:high-five:,, are you actually going to bonsai those babies?? Guess with your micro space ya need to,, great stuff,,:Namaste:

One thing I see, that I have had problems with in my short history growing,, yer temps,, i have found over thirty to be a problem,, for me anyway,, tough issue to solve, in a micro space,,

One other tiny note,, i grow cfls too, and i have found they can be so close to the plants it's rediculous,, my cfl motto,, if it's two inches away, it's too far,,:Namaste:

Good stuff, I am in like flynn:thanks:

One thing I have notice when buying 23w cfls is from mfg to mfg the lumen output count is different. For instance, I bought brand Osram(Wal-Mart) and it's labeled on the ballast 63 Lumens per watt. Which makes it 1,449 lumens. I bought another brand called Eco(Home Depot) and they say their 23w cfls put out 1600 lumens. So watch what you are buying if you are counting lumens.

DeanB welcome welcome welcome!
Already jumped off into a great topic!!
My first grow I was more concerned about watts, because I was still learning. Now after a bit of research, it's all starting to make sence.
I'm unsure of the lumens currently running as they are the same lamps from last grow, but will definitely keep an eye out when I replace them, if you have any information on lumens/ wattage feel free to throw it in this journal..

On to another question... how often do you change your bulbs? When needed? Or every grow ?

Thanks again for stopping in.. :passitleft:

Heya ws, lookin good pal,:high-five:,, are you actually going to bonsai those babies?? Guess with your micro space ya need to,, great stuff,,:Namaste:

One thing I see, that I have had problems with in my short history growing,, yer temps,, i have found over thirty to be a problem,, for me anyway,, tough issue to solve, in a micro space,,

One other tiny note,, i grow cfls too, and i have found they can be so close to the plants it's rediculous,, my cfl motto,, if it's two inches away, it's too far,,:Namaste:

Good stuff, I am in like flynn:thanks:

Nivek!!! Woohoo glad you made it!!
Yeah going to try something different this grow and have 2 or 3 smaller plants for the box, the last girl got way to big and I was wasting alot of light. So bonsai I must.

I am hearing you there buddy.. over 30 not good.
It's mid summer here at the moment and the room that the grows are in is no less than 28C during the day. I believe this to be one of the main problems I got so much stretch last grow, I could put a portable air con in but that would drive the cost way to high for what it is worth, and lights on at night is not an option. So im out of ideas haha, just crossing my fingers for some cooler weather

Hahaha second that cfl grow motto, keep em close, make em squat
Have some serious tight node spacing in the veg box, the two I've put in the other I'm steching a little for some training ideas I'm playing with.

So happy your here my friend and for jumping straight into the discussion. Happy days Nivek!! :passitleft:

Nice setup. I just finished a T5HO flower run. I hung 3, 24W 5000K and a 55w 2700K for close to 325w total. I used the 2" 8 bulb setup at 192w.
Your girls are looking like they need more food, try every other watering with food. Pale green on top leaves means low Mg which means Ca is off too, check that your PH is under 6.5 with food. I feed at 5.7-5.9, and I avoided lockout. Cutt's in small pots are hard to keep happy and if you do not want to over feed look at some type of compost feed, I use FF Big Bloom. It's not a flowering product no matter what it's called. It's gentle and can be used every watering. Other then the pale leaves all looks great. Your just out growing your pots quickly.

800w HPS 1st grow. Millertm's - Girl Scout/Cinex - Grow Journal - 4'x4'x6.8' Tent - 2015

Hey brother everything is looking great over here! Glad i saw you signature when you posted on my journal otherwise who knows how long it would have taken me to find my way here lol. Seems everyone is starting new journals heck even ive contemplated it lol. Anyways glad i caught this journal early you know im coming along for the ride lol

Back
Top Bottom