1st Grow - Ebb-N-Grow : Afghan Kush, White Widow, Bag Seed!

PS. After re-reading my rant on Pits journal, I kind of feel like the next day after you tie-one-on. Sometimes I just can't help myself.

:bigblush:

Well, I for one liked it. Rants are good for the soul :ganjamon:

Haha when I woke up to go to work today at 7am I had two of my roomates greeting me with beers in hand!

Ewww. After just reading this, I had one of those "gag" reflexes. I won't go into detail, but you get the picture. :cheesygrinsmiley:

SF

SF, how are the lowriders looking?

NG1. I confess, I'm a slacker. It didn't happen last night. They're still sitting on a wet paper towel. I'm going to run home today (at work now) and get things going. I'll have an update (and pics) a little later this afternoon.

Thanks for your patience!
SF

SF, do you, McB, and PV use the GH Flora series or flora nova series?

I believe McB uses GH 3 part and Technaflora and both work great for him. but I dont know if he has a preference or the details..sorry B
I use FloraNova in both hydro and soil.

I believe McB uses GH 3 part and Technaflora and both work great for him. but I dont know if he has a preference or the details..sorry B

Yes I actually use technaflora BC Series for Veg 900-1400 PPM from rooted clone to 3-4 weeks veg in my small table ebb/flow setup. When I transplant and switch over to bloom in the CAP Ebb/Grow I switch over to GH Flora and do straight Bloom schedule from GH website calculator. "Normal" not "Aggressive"

Update 3/18/10

So here we grow. Below is my first grow closet setup. While I've got the e-n-g going in room 2, I thought this would be a good opportunity to try out a LowRyder, Autoflower strain. The height of my closet is only 6 feet, so it would be nice to find something that can grow comfortably within these confines.

I already had purchased a General Hydroponics Eco-Grower unit (approx $189 with nutes), so thought this would be best method to run this grow.

Surprise, surprise, I'm using Sure to Grow again. Could be strike one, since I've never used this medium with this system.

Strike two
might be how long I waited to get these (seedlings) into the STG cubes and into the Hydro system. I've never germinated seeds that long on the plate, and hope my delaying won't hurt development. You'll also notice on the seed picture, three seedlings look incredible, two don't have that vigor, I hope they come around.

BULLSHIT WARNING:
So I purposely used a flash (on the camera) to "wake up" the seedlings. I've found that the flash effect "shocks" the plant into an almost out of body experience that increases growth and will produce the highest yield! This shall now be known as the StinkFinger Flash Awakening.

And here's some pics. I'm running lights at 20/4, starting tomorrow. They're adjusting via the florescent light currently in the closet. Very light nutes at 390ppm.

MJ_876.jpg

MJ_877.jpg

MJ_879.jpg

MJ_886.jpg

MJ_893.jpg

MJ_894.jpg

And I think that will bout close it up tonight. Also replaced the CO2 tanks in the other room. Tomorrow night is 21 days (3 weeks) of flowering on the e-n-g grow, so I'll have some pictures of the developing buds very soon!

I feel like a kid in a candy store!!!

Best wishes!
SF

PS. Sorry about the Floral print paper towel!

PV, from my understanding, floranova is a one part system and very easy to use correct? I was going to use AN but I think the easier the better for me right now!

PV, from my understanding, floranova is a one part system and very easy to use correct? I was going to use AN but I think the easier the better for me right now!

Flora Nova is a one part system not 3 part like flora series. I have heard of people switching over to Pure Blend Pro (Botanicare I beleive) which is effective and easy to use. Racefan raves about the stuff. it is also 1 part for veg and 1 part for bloom. If I ever needed to switch for some reason I'd probably give PBP a shot.

One thing about flora nova that PV will attest to is that its very goopy and may not be the easiest thing to work with. Can cause problems with lines etc if you do not monitor and clean out often.

Careful with those long tap roots. Its dangerous letting them get like that especially when trying to transplant into a cube of some sort (soil not so much of a problem)

Try to check your germing seeds daily and take em out when they are no longer than 1/2 inch.

Back
Top Bottom