1st grow - Growing to keep sane

image4926.jpg

not a good morning for her... this is the one that's stem bent.
I have 2 left. I just started germinating a new batch. i'm a little upset about this one:oops::rip:

yes you want to use 6.5 pH for your potting soil as its optimum pH. I use a liquid pH down and a 3cc syringe with to adjust my pH. I use 1 gallon, 2 gallon, 3 gallon spot sprayers to apply my nutrients to the plants, I find it easy to mix from 1 gallon to 3 gallons at a time depending on how many plants I need to water. when I first had to determine how much pH down to add to 1 gallon of water I added it by drops at a time keeping track of the total volume that I used to adjust the pH, now I simply know how many cc to add to 1 gallon of water to adjust it to pH 5.8 for my soiless media mixture.

just bought a better ph tester it says a 7. i'm going to try and lower it to 6.5. temp is 81 degrees f. just bought a fish oil fertilizer that shit sticks it's an alaska brand. lights are at 3000k. if my math is right thats 300w is that enough or do i need more?
the stems are thicker now. in diameter they grew 1.5 milimeters. which is double. from yesterday morning. fan leaves grew a notice able difference.

o btw the dying one should i pull it or let it go thinking it could revive?. i wish i could speed this along to where they're bigger and more mature so they don't die so easily.

The issues that kill the seedlings will cause further problems down the line. Where did you get the light info? 3000k would be the spectrum of light produced ( higher in yellow I believe) you want higher like 6000k + . this has nothing in common with watts produced. For this you want 30 +/- watts per plant. This information is called actual wattage on CFL's not equivalent wattage ( which is the light produced compared to an incandescent light bulb of the same wattage). Ultimately you want as much light as you can cool and the correct light. Where did you get the bulb your using? Do you have the manufacturers info

your lights don't seem strong enough and your plants are really stretching (had this problem in my first grow for the first 3 week ) I think the first step would be to move plants into some normal pots and get those cfls as close as you can, with in 10 cm. the soil seems really wet try just letting it dry out a bit.

ok i know what kelvin is it's 273 degrees celcius how do you convert that for light comparrison or is that a converting from illumens?

When KJC referred to Kelvin, he was talking about the place on the box, in the second photo here, where it says "Light Appearance. See where it says 3500K? That spectrum is more suitable for flower than veg, but you can go to walmart lowes, or home depot, and they should carry the right spectrum.
lowes

image4944.jpg
image4943.jpg

these are right, right?

i know i upload a lot of pics and to you guys they may not seem to be growing but to me they are...
both of my remaining seedlings seem to like the lights lower great tip didn't know that...
IMG_046122.JPG
IMG_046021.JPG
IMG_045827.JPG
IMG_045617.JPG

my thermostat states 82 degrees f, but it feels a lot cooler like 70's.

Looks better every Time I check up man. The little sliding scale that says appearance you want to be all the way to the right in the cool range. You may be able to use these bulbs for flower? Not sure though. But it will make the plants grow just not as well as the correct spectrum ( appearance). Each of those bulbs puts out 23watts so the more the better. I use 340 watts or so in a similar space.

getting 6000k tomorrow 4 for 12 dollars lowes... thus far i have only spent out of my own pocket $1.64... I have a shit ton of gift cards. plus i have all kinds of materials. my second grow will be way better i'm designing an intricate setup. just not enough space yet, to build it. trying to win my wife over to my new hobby... lol

the wife refuses to let me use my spare room... therefore i have to use my shed... o well i do enjoy this when should i expect a smell so i can implement my newest design, a carbon heppa filtered pump.

Back
Top Bottom