1st grow - Growing to keep sane

Wow what a disappointing end. If you have temp problems on your next go round I used to use a digital thermometer that had outlets on it and worked like a timer except based on the temp instead of time. When it would drop below a set temp it would kick the heater on until it got the space up to the other set temp then would kick back off. Worked really well even when it would get below zero outside. GL to you and hope you get back up and running sooner than later :D

Wow what a disappointing end. If you have temp problems on your next go round I used to use a digital thermometer that had outlets on it and worked like a timer except based on the temp instead of time. When it would drop below a set temp it would kick the heater on until it got the space up to the other set temp then would kick back off. Worked really well even when it would get below zero outside. GL to you and hope you get back up and running sooner than later :D

Hey SmokeMcFly,
that sounds very interesting! Have you got a link to a picture or a brand name of that digital thermometer? :)

Hey SmokeMcFly,
that sounds very interesting! Have you got a link to a picture or a brand name of that digital thermometer? :)

I had an insulated room built inside my garage. The hard part was trying to balance between keeping some fresh air coming in the room but not enough that it would overwhelm the heater and drop the temps to low. My garage was detached and huge like 65' x 35' x 30' high so it was impossible to keep the entire garage heated so the air coming in the room was almost as cold as it was outside. I ended up having the ventilation only kick on for a min or two at a time every half hour to hour and the plants seemed to do ok while still being able to maintain a decent temp. GL and let me know if you have any questions :thumb:

It was a few years back but I think it was this one. Worked really well. They have different models so just make sure you get the one with the features you want. I just needed basic turn on at x temp and turn back off at x temp for my needs.
Lux WIN100 Heating & Cooling Programmable Outlet Thermostat - Amazon.com

I had an insulated room built inside my garage. The hard part was trying to balance between keeping some fresh air coming in the room but not enough that it would overwhelm the heater and drop the temps to low. My garage was detached and huge like 65' x 35' x 30' high so it was impossible to keep the entire garage heated so the air coming in the room was almost as cold as it was outside. I ended up having the ventilation only kick on for a min or two at a time every half hour to hour and the plants seemed to do ok while still being able to maintain a decent temp. GL and let me know if you have any questions :thumb:

It was a few years back but I think it was this one. Worked really well. They have different models so just make sure you get the one with the features you want. I just needed basic turn on at x temp and turn back off at x temp for my needs.
Lux WIN100 Heating & Cooling Programmable Outlet Thermostat - Amazon.com
Thank You! I will check those out. I'm using a basement that has no direct heat other than a small duct tapped into house furnace that isn't putting out enough to make much of a difference. Furnace fan apparently is not strong enough and trying to pull it in with one of those register vent fans isn't working out well either.
Have a great day and thanks again! :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom