1st grow - Growing to keep sane

yea mine will be spread at camp lejeune there in north Carolina. I hung out in the crotan National forest and Atlantic beach. Off-roading in my jeep.

yea mine will be spread at camp lejeune there in north Carolina. I hung out in the crotan National forest and Atlantic beach. Off-roading in my jeep.
Jeep is the only way to go. I used to get into mine and say "Let's go camping jeep-jeep". I took a friend with me up on those winding mountain roads where if you look to one side you drop a mile or so and the other side was a wall of rock within a foot or so of you. He left fingernail marks in the door! LOL I knew those roads....however that was no comfort to him at the time.:rofl:

Never had a cj, had a grand Cherokee and hated it but my buddies had cjs and I loved em. I did however have 1976 ram charger convertible that I loved. Took the doors off had a full bed in the bed for lake camp outs in Nevada summers. Couldn't burn then was still active duty, but I'll be back I'm sure!

Never had a cj, had a grand Cherokee and hated it but my buddies had cjs and I loved em. I did however have 1976 ram charger convertible that I loved. Took the doors off had a full bed in the bed for lake camp outs in Nevada summers. Couldn't burn then was still active duty, but I'll be back I'm sure!

Ahhhhhh yes, Nevada.....off road in the jeep, tie a very long rope to me and the jeep-jeep and head into the abandoned gold mines in the sides of the mountains, with nothing more than a small flashlight. Bats over head....anywhere you step you could drop out of site cuz you didn't see the deep hole coming. I headed back out of one once and this danged wild burro/donkey came down charging me, kicking and fartin' all the way. I barely made it to the jeep in time! honked the horn at it and scared it off. LOL Adventurous times...when you are young and fearless. I would not recommend this to anyone. LOL

just checked on the girls wow the leaves are way bigger than 12 hours ago! taking my son to the zoo for boo at the zoo i'll be back on later tonight. he's going as superman.
IMG_052215.JPG
IMG_052117.JPG
IMG_052615.JPG

she was a late bloomer

i'll fill the soil in around them tomorrow... i won't bore you guys with more pics but the have grow even more first 4 full set of fan leaves have fully formed! So really, when do i need to start worrying about the MJ smell? I wanna be prepared. Don't wanna have neighbors coming around asking about a skunk like they did with you canna.

Hey, USMCO...if I remember right...mine were well over 1 1/2 months old before I got the nosy guest noticing. I don't really know what the norm is though, first grow and all. I did notice a "whiff" when they were young seedlings, but nothing that would spread through the house and I had to get really close to them.
The Ona Gel I bought really took care of it though! I have one container very near one of the fans with the plants and one container near where the furnace kicks on to draw air in. I noticed when I turned on the furnace I would get the smell in the house, so that fixed it.

i'll fill the soil in around them tomorrow... i won't bore you guys with more pics but the have grow even more first 4 full set of fan leaves have fully formed! So really, when do i need to start worrying about the MJ smell? I wanna be prepared. Don't wanna have neighbors coming around asking about a skunk like they did with you canna.

One other thing you may want to think about if you are concerned with the smell....if you've been working on your plants when they are old enough to "stink"...you will absorb some of that smell on you. This is the reason for the lab coat and hair cover I wear when I am feeding or otherwise working with them in the mornings before work. I had noticed on a couple of occasions I could smell it on my clothes and in my hair when I got to work!
So, keep that in mind if you are trying to be completely stealth with this. :thumb:

That's it canna I may have a bigger problem my power has been out for an unknown amount of time wind storm blew down a power line therefore my plants haven't had any sunlight what should I do and will this kill em their bed is well insulated so temp is'n't a problem it's light any ideas anyone

That's it canna I may have a bigger problem my power has been out for an unknown amount of time wind storm blew down a power line therefore my plants haven't had any sunlight what should I do and will this kill em their bed is well insulated so temp is'n't a problem it's light any ideas anyone
Wow, talk about bad things happening and the worst. Poor guy!
If you have no power, the only thing I can think of is to get them outside for light during the day and bring them in at night so they don't get too cold in that Ohio weather. Do you have any plastic sheeting? you could build a kind of "tent" around them outside like a greenhouse effect during the day. So they can get the light, but still remain in an ideal temperature. Make sure you have somewhere that fresh air gets in though.
That's really the only suggestion I have, hopefully there are others out there who know what to do in this situation.
Any reports on when your power will return? A short amount of time isn't going to be that bad, but if it's a week or more....sheesh.

ok power is on. plants seem to not have gotten any worse. but now my worry is did i stress them but that's a wait n see type thing. I brought them in the house last night and kept them warm... i used candles to provide light and heat. they actually grew. tomorrow is water day so we'll see how they re-act. to some water and a night of full heat and light. Next question has anyone heard of people naming their wireless network FBI Servalence Van. I thought it odd but if it were FBI they would use such an obvious name right?

ok power is on. plants seem to not have gotten any worse. but now my worry is did i stress them but that's a wait n see type thing. I brought them in the house last night and kept them warm... i used candles to provide light and heat. they actually grew. tomorrow is water day so we'll see how they re-act. to some water and a night of full heat and light. Next question has anyone heard of people naming their wireless network FBI Servalence Van. I thought it odd but if it were FBI they would use such an obvious name right?
I think your plants will be fine. Don't worry.
Now...the FBI Surveillance Van??? That's just too obvious. LOL Someone has to be playing with words and being smart azzed. However....just in case...LOL Is your own network secured? Or is it set for open network? You might want to have someone check that for you and set it for a WEP (security) key, securing it against open access. (in layman's terms) Just to be safe.

i use a proxy server when on here but i need to find my wireless routers cd to set that up... i did a search about FBI Survalence Van and a bunch o people do it to be funny. I also drove around my neighbor hood today and found the house it was at. It's not FBI it was this old guy that has his daughter and 6 kids living with them.

ok i checked on the kids this morning they seem to have recovered fine from my catastrophe just watered ph lvl at 6.3 gonna let it raise over the next few days temps at 78 degrees
IMG_053917.JPG
IMG_054017.JPG
IMG_054121.JPG
IMG_054220.JPG
IMG_054327.JPG
IMG_054425.JPG
IMG_054523.JPG
IMG_054616.JPG
IMG_054721.JPG

setting up a camera in my grow box tonight so i don't have to go out there all the time.
when should i start nutes? i know some start nutes at a week some from the get go but a lot of people use different soils or soil less.

Back
Top Bottom