1st Grow - Soil - Apollo 600W HPS/MH - 4x4 Tent

Congrats man, mine still haven't showed. How was the packaging?

packaging was not stealthy IMO but I would suggest going to post office or calling and checking on them. mine required a signature which I was not there for and they did not deliver it. They said I had to call a schedule for it to be delivered or I can pick it up. so I went to pick mine up. also it said if it was there until 12/23 they would dispose of it.

well as of now I planned on just using those 3. still reading up on this stuff so didn't want to make it to confusing. Think those nutes should be enough? I plan on using ffof mixed with fflw and perlite. From what I have read Fox Farm seems to have a lot of nutes in it for the first 4-5 weeks this has made me kind of nervous/cautious as to what nutes to use and how much.

You will want to pick up a few more for when you get ready to flip them to flower. all are FF products.
Cha Ching, Beastie Blooms, and Open Sesame. Your plant will need different nutrients once it goes into flower and these have what you will need. Also did you get a feeding schedule for soil from Fox Farms? If you can not find one I will post mine for you on your thread so you can print it out.
They recommend a bunch of other nutrients but you can get by with just the 6

You should be good for 3 to 4 weeks without adding nutrients, then going 1/4 strength for a week or 2 before bumping it up to 1/2 for a week, by then you will be fine running full strength.

Well looks like mine have been lost, hopefully ams treats me right, that's allot of dough to throw away. Gore to see yours sprouting soon.
Sorry to hear that Odismaster! I hope AMS makes it right for you, those little buggers are not the cheapest.

You will want to pick up a few more for when you get ready to flip them to flower. all are FF products.
Cha Ching, Beastie Blooms, and Open Sesame. Your plant will need different nutrients once it goes into flower and these have what you will need. Also did you get a feeding schedule for soil from Fox Farms? If you can not find one I will post mine for you on your thread so you can print it out.
They recommend a bunch of other nutrients but you can get by with just the 6

You should be good for 3 to 4 weeks without adding nutrients, then going 1/4 strength for a week or 2 before bumping it up to 1/2 for a week, by then you will be fine running full strength.

awesome, thanks for the heads up OG, I am on my way to get some t5 lights from the local home depot. I am hopeing to have these suckers planted tonight or first thing tomorrow.

here is a pic of the one of the seeds
germininating_seedling.jpg

here are a couple more pics of my germination process. I am putting these photos up in hopes that it will help someone one day lol
germinating_setup_1.jpg

I simply took a paper towel got it wet and have had the seeds sitting in wet paper towel the last 36 hours. (I watered paper towel about every 3 hrs to ensure it is wet)
germinating_setup.jpg

then once paper towel was wet and seeds were in the paper towel I covered the seeds up with a shirt so no light can get to them and put them next to a vent. (my bathroom gets to 77 degrees F when doors are shut so that's what I did. shut the doors and let it sit in the dark. it seems to be working for my first germination attempt. :high-five:

well the germinating took longer than I expected and was a little odd. 3 of the seeds didn't take long to grow a root, planted them 36hrs after putting them in a paper towel. the 3 other seeds cracked just as fast as the first 3 seeds but the root took way longer to grow (planted them 3.5 days after putting them in a paper towel). 2 of the seeds only grew a little root (like maybe a 1/8th of an inch long) but the shell looked like it was getting to the point it looked like it wanted to fall off.

here are some pics of the three I planted first. other 3 are not above soil yet.
plant_day_1_above_soil.jpg

plant_3_day_1_above_soil.jpg

plant_2_day_1_above_soil.jpg

Snapchat-6409660324188101266.jpg

lights are on 18/6 about 4 or 5 inches above the plants. I am wondering if I should start watering the plants until water runs out of the bottom or if I should still be watering a little bit at a time? guess this means day 1 for the first 3 little guys :cheer:
on a side note, the 3 WW Xtrm are all in the same color pot along with all 3 Amnesia Trance are in the same color pots... I just don't know which color is which lol. got them mixed up while germinating them and not labeling them :lot-o-toke:

lights are on 18/6 about 4 or 5 inches above the plants. I am wondering if I should start watering the plants until water runs out of the bottom or if I should still be watering a little bit at a time? guess this means day 1 for the first 3 little guys :cheer:
on a side note, the 3 WW Xtrm are all in the same color pot along with all 3 Amnesia Trance are in the same color pots... I just don't know which color is which lol. got them mixed up while germinating them and not labeling them :lot-o-toke:

Oh, my dear! I think everyone has done this (or almost done it) -- it gets really hard to keep track, sometimes!

Congratulations on your adorable baby ganja plants!

:goodjob:

so I got my t5 light wired and hung up, I also got my pots to plant my seed in once they are done germinating.
20151210_120910.jpg

A couple of things here that have me concerned for your safety. for one I can not see if you used electrical tape or wire nuts to splice the wires together from the extension cord to the light fixture. I also do not see a ground wire connection to the light fixture. And last but not least, you have an open air connection on a 120 volt device.
When you purchased the light there was a little metal plate that filled the square hole which you removed to get access to the wiring, on this plate you will see two things you need to pay attention to. One is a green screw, this is where the ground wire attaches to the fixture, which will protect you from being electrocuted if the light has an internal short and the metal housing of the fixture becomes energized. Also on this square cover plate you will see either a 3/8 or 1/2 inch circular knockout which you can easily remove with a pair of needle nose pliers or a screw driver. That needs to be removed and the cord needs to be connected through that hole with a cord connector which you can purchase from most any hardware store for about 1 dollar.

DSC_15223.jpg

DSC_15253.jpg

Growing is relaxing and fun when i is done safely. Please consider my advice for your own safety.
may your garden always be green my friend

yeah about the wiring sorry lol, I got excited about the light and posted a pic right away while testing everything out. That is not how it was done when installed. I always shrink wrap the 2 wires I am twisting together then use wire nuts to twist them together (I even wrap the wire nut with tape so it cannot fall off). ill post a better pic once my lights turn back on :Namaste:

little update, day 4 on 3 plants and day 2 on one plant. all the seeds I had planted in the red pot have been struggling bad. 2 did not make it and the last one is posted below. I did start germinating 3 other seeds (Bianca) soon as I thought those seeds were not going to make it. (I think I over watered them) anyways the new Bianca seeds are all off to a great start. 2 of the 3 Bianca seeds are in soil. I also watered the 3 green pots until run off today. (last time I watered was roughly 2 days ago)

plant 2 day 4
day_4_plant_31.jpg

plant 3 day 4
day_4_plant_2.jpg

Plant 1 day 4
day_428.jpg

Day 2 struggle bus
day_2_struggle.jpg

figured I would give a little update on the plants. I have been enjoying watching these babies grow so far. Here is Day 6, Plant 3
day_6_plant_3_top.jpg

day_6_plant_3.jpg

here is Day 6, Plant 2
day_6_plant_2_top.jpg

day_6_plant_2.jpg

here is day 6 plant 1
day_6_plant_1_top.jpg

day_6_plant_1.jpg

here is day 4 what I believe to be Amnesia Trance (if I am right that means the three green pots are White Widow Xtrm)
day_4_Amnesia_trance.jpg

here is day 1 above soil for Bianca #2
day_1_bianca_plant_2.jpg

here is Day 1 for Bianca #1
day_1_bianca_plant_1.jpg

next update will be in a couple days. I have just watered the plants again, last time I watered was 12/16. :high-five:

so checked on my plants today and they are starting to show some weird curling and twisting? noticed some darker green areas in towards the middle vane on the leaf? I would really love to get some recommendations on what you guys think. Nitrogen Toxicity?
have been watering until run off every 2 days, temp is between 68-79F, 16-23% humidity, 18/6 light cycle. using distilled water ph was 6.5 last time I checked.

20151220_195359.jpg

20151220_195357.jpg

20151220_195352.jpg

20151220_195346.jpg

20151220_195342.jpg

20151220_193105.jpg

Back
Top Bottom