1st Grow - Soil - CFL - High DIY Level

I agree 420% and have been working on gallery solutions for years. We're working on it brother, trust me.

Thank you for your understanding and support, we are truly grateful.
:Namaste:

I did, and replied ;) It would be great if the usage of your gallery became just as easy as growing with the help of this community ;)

I agree 420% and have been working on gallery solutions for years. We're working on it brother, trust me.

Thank you for your understanding and support, we are truly grateful.
:Namaste:

Given the fact that you are all so friendly and helpfull, I'll just sit it out, using 2 forms and FSM knows how many clicks ;) I must say that this is the first forum I've been on where SO much care is taken in making people feel 'home'. It helps a lot towards forgetting those 2 forms :p

I signed up on another forum myself, and checked into a few others. I haven't bothered to go back after finding 420 Magazine.

The maturity level is great, and it's the only forum I've found that folks are focus on why we're all here. It's nice being amongst other adults, sharing knowledge, tips, and tricks, and not having to sort through 50 new topics about "my parents caught me. what do i do?"

Honestly man, when I saw this topic about a CFL grow, while I'm doing the same, I had to check in on your progress. And you really were the reason to inspire me to continue my journal. Don't abandon me here! And I'd be willing to bet there's handful of others following your footsteps. Let's work on some impressive CFL grows!

Get on it!

Allright ... seriously ... I just spend 20 minutes to upload 10 pictures, most if it spend on trying to get them to show right ... it's even worse then I initially thought .. not only can't I rotate after upload, it rotates for me DURING upload. So you'll have to bend your necks .. I cant even determine how it's supposed to show .. if I rotate it clockwise and upload, it autorotates it 180 degrees as if I rotated counterclockwise ... so yeah .. thank 420 for having to bend your neck to the left :surrender:

Let's get going. Pictures first:

Day 23

Plant 1

Looks nice if you ask me .. anybody spots anything worth noting ?

20140323_184629.jpg

20140323_184706.jpg

Plant 2

20140323_184742.jpg

20140323_184850.jpg

Benjamin, the bleak floating seed

20140323_184939.jpg

20140323_185008.jpg

Overview

20140323_185107.jpg

Room & soil conditions:

20140323_185349.jpg

20140323_185517.jpg

20140323_185546.jpg

From the last 2 pictures, given thorough watering (til a little came out the bottom) and light fertilization (see pictures) a few days ago (and measured deep, it's dryer near the top) I'm not sure where the low PH comes from .. it seems a little counterintuitive ? More fertilizer, lower PH ? Uh ? I thought more fertilizer would cause higher PH ?

Fertilizer used is universal 12-10-18, a few pinches per pot .. see pictures 3 days ago or so .. previous page in any case :p
I realise it's not the best .. since the N and K should be swapped during veg iinm, but there seems no N deficiancy present in any stage, right ?

Thanks for tagging along and motivating me to bear with the foto system...

Yeah, no trouble there .. I used How To: Bend and top your way to a 1 pound monster .. the tricky part is pinching the top of with your nails, without damaging the little new nodes right next to it. If you slide your nails down the stem, you push them away, pinch, done.

The plants really enjoyed it too it seems .. so everybody happy :)

Yeah, no trouble there .. I used How To: Bend and top your way to a 1 pound monster .. the tricky part is pinching the top of with your nails, without damaging the little new nodes right next to it. If you slide your nails down the stem, you push them away, pinch, done.

The plants really enjoyed it too it seems .. so everybody happy :)

you can use a good sterilized pair of sizzors too. It gives it a good clean cut with out taking off more or less than you want.

you can use a good sterilized pair of sizzors too. It gives it a good clean cut with out taking off more or less than you want.

I'm somewhat hesitant to do it that way, as I once got told that plants repair faster when the cut is a little rougher. I have no clue how much truth is in there, but for some reason it sticked. I cant find any evidence one way or the other tho :/

Day 25

Plant 1 .. looking good overall .. after looking again and taking the nutrient deficiency chart, it looks like an overabundance of N .. anybody care to comment on that ?

20140325_183934.jpg

20140325_183951.jpg

Plant 2 .. same story .. looking good, bit too much N if you ask me .. notice the slightly curled tips and dark green color ..

20140325_184020.jpg

20140325_184046.jpg

And then there's Benjamin, the smalest of the bunch, looking promesing tho :D

20140325_184114.jpg

20140325_184126.jpg

As always, any comments, suggestions, rants, corrections, etc. more then welcome, you all rock and my plants are loving everything I learn from here by the looks of it :woohoo:

Thanks for watching.

Tomorrow I'll start LST-ing ... that's when they need water again if everything goes as expected .. any advice based on previous pictures ?

Today I had to raise my lamps again .. yay ^^ I decided to postpone LST and do a little more research first. I did water them a little.

Day 26

Middle of the night for the plants (useing 12 on, 5,5 off, 1 on, 5,5 off), and half way through the morning. I watered them at lights on.

Plant 1

20140326_115801.jpg

20140326_221640.jpg

Plant 2

20140326_115813.jpg

20140326_221749.jpg

Benjamin

20140326_115901.jpg

20140326_221906.jpg

Thanks for watching. If you have any suggestions, please share them :thanks:

Edit; Given 1m (3.3 ft)headspace, how much longer can I veg them before the'll explode my growbox in flower ?
Could this be Power Plant ?

Back
Top Bottom