1st Journal - M39 - Northen Light x Skunk - Soil - CFLs

re: 1st Journal, M39 (Northen Light x Skunk ) Soil & CFL'S

This is a beautiful picture of a beautiful plant :thumb:

IMG_147814.JPG

Well done sir :)
Ahhhh, such a serene feeling when I gaze at that pic. :)

I have not found a way to edit the thread title, I wanted to edit mine a while back and opinions and research say it cannot be done. If you find a way, do let me know too!

All the plants look great.
On the reflector for the lights I used a half section of aluminum heat ducting. I cut it to fit the length of the light fixture and then screwed it into the top of the fixture, which was a board. I think I have pics of it on my thread, I'll find it and post a link to the page if you like.
Good job so far! +reps for what you've done. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Originally Posted by Ricorico

This is a beautiful picture of a beautiful plant

Well done sir
Ahhhh, such a serene feeling when I gaze at that pic. :)

I have not found a way to edit the thread title, I wanted to edit mine a while back and opinions and research say it cannot be done. If you find a way, do let me know too!

Will do :thumb:

Thanks a lot Canna :)

I will browse your page tonight after work :)
Here's a pic of one of them, this is a lot longer than you have of course, but same principle. The aluminum is thin and easily bendable, sometimes you can find it at hardware stores.
day31ONE.jpg

Just an idea if you need it later. ;-)

Here's a pic of one of them, this is a lot longer than you have of course, but same principle. The aluminum is thin and easily bendable, sometimes you can find it at hardware stores.
day31ONE.jpg

Just an idea if you need it later. ;-)

Great ! This is actually perfect, i will go try to take a look this weekend but i will be away fishing with my buddies Saturday & Sunday :smokin:

Thanks Canna !

Good & happy Friday everyone !!!!!!!!!!

Little update before i leave for movie night with the gf :)

Got home and saw Roxy Haze (or should i say Retarded Leafs)

Take a look a that dying leaf ?

IMG_149112.JPG

Also, her new growth is so wierd & funny looking LOL
IMG_149416.JPG

But i am also freaking out with her, please clear my mind. Just a head up, pistils are starting to pop on all of them :)

This is RJ-11

IMG_149519.JPG

But this is RoxyHaze

She has pistils, and some wierd looking ones starting to grow.... maybe herm ????
IMG_150414.JPG
IMG_149811.JPG

and lower ones

IMG_150612.JPG

The tower itself, i am also asking myself if she is a different strain she is so taller then the rest lol

IMG_151113.JPG

Group shot

IMG_151011.JPG

And the outsider, i think i should leave her up for a few weeks (see the starting of the purp :)) ?

IMG_149011.JPG

Have a good evening folks !
:peace:

Subbed

Wow, those leaf growths are strange. Funny too, how only one leaf on that plant died that way. The rest of the plant looks good, I can't see any sign of curling up edges.
I haven't seen pistils on my plants yet, I'm jealous!
Can't wait to see the opinions on the leaf thing.
I had posted a link to check on problem plant/pests on my journal. I'll post that right back here for ya, you can look through it and see if anything looks similar.
BRB

Here's one link to check over, the other one is on DonPaul.p signature line
Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Also, are any of those plants actually touching the bulbs? They seem awfully close to the bulbs in the pictures. I had some trouble with heat stress and had to point my fan up toward the lights after making sure the plants were not getting too much heat. The fan really helped and the heat stress went away.
Just my random thoughts here, I'm sure one of the seasoned growers will know what ya got. ;-)

Here's one link to check over, the other one is on DonPaul.p signature line
Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Also, are any of those plants actually touching the bulbs? They seem awfully close to the bulbs in the pictures. I had some trouble with heat stress and had to point my fan up toward the lights after making sure the plants were not getting too much heat. The fan really helped and the heat stress went away.
Just my random thoughts here, I'm sure one of the seasoned growers will know what ya got. ;-)

Dont worry i had to move her for the group picture :) i try to keep them 2inch to 4inch away from the light & thanks for the link ill try to read them asap ! :peace:

subd, plants look great, stay with the mixed spectrum of cfls as plants benefit more from a mixed spectrum, cfls can produce very nice bud, my first journal was with cfls and it got me some very nice bud at the end, the only thing id add with the cfls is to try and make sure all the plant is getting light, so you could use some lst to pull the branches one way or another so the whole plant is in the light,

the downside with cfls is the penetration is not very good, if you hold your hand against the bulb then slowly lower it away then you will see that the light drastically drops off after about 2 to 4 inches so keep the lights as close as you can without damaging the plants, i still use cfls for starting plants and clones as the node spacing is very close under cfls so i prefer to start my plants under them.

you know the weird leaves your getting well they look pretty similar to how my leaves look when i reveg plants, so im wondering if you have a light leak in the grow space, for flower the lights need to be 12-12 which im sure you know, but if you have any light leaks during the dark period then this will stress the plant and it will go back into veg or make it go hermie, so have a check of the grow space and check if you have any light leaking in during the 12 hour dark period, what i find works best so to have the dark period running during the night so their is no risk of any light leaks during this time,

the only other problem maybe causing the funny leaf growth is the slow release nutes, these can cause problems and flushing will make the problem worse as it will just release more of the time released nutes so flushing wont help, some growers have no problems with mg soil but it does cause problems for seedlings and clones eary on but they usually do ok once the plants are a bit bigger, i wouldnt start adding nutes just in case the problem is with the soil and not a light leak.

the sides of the cfls give off the most light, you get very little light off the ends of the bulbs so mounting the bulbs so their side on to the plants will give you the most light possible, i made some reflectors out of foil trays to help get more light on the plants.

its sounds like you got a nice strain as well so will be interesting to see how the turn out, so im sub'd.

subd, plants look great, stay with the mixed spectrum of cfls as plants benefit more from a mixed spectrum, cfls can produce very nice bud, my first journal was with cfls and it got me some very nice bud at the end, the only thing id add with the cfls is to try and make sure all the plant is getting light, so you could use some lst to pull the branches one way or another so the whole plant is in the light,

the downside with cfls is the penetration is not very good, if you hold your hand against the bulb then slowly lower it away then you will see that the light drastically drops off after about 2 to 4 inches so keep the lights as close as you can without damaging the plants, i still use cfls for starting plants and clones as the node spacing is very close under cfls so i prefer to start my plants under them.

you know the weird leaves your getting well they look pretty similar to how my leaves look when i reveg plants, so im wondering if you have a light leak in the grow space, for flower the lights need to be 12-12 which im sure you know, but if you have any light leaks during the dark period then this will stress the plant and it will go back into veg or make it go hermie, so have a check of the grow space and check if you have any light leaking in during the 12 hour dark period, what i find works best so to have the dark period running during the night so their is no risk of any light leaks during this time,

the only other problem maybe causing the funny leaf growth is the slow release nutes, these can cause problems and flushing will make the problem worse as it will just release more of the time released nutes so flushing wont help, some growers have no problems with mg soil but it does cause problems for seedlings and clones eary on but they usually do ok once the plants are a bit bigger, i wouldnt start adding nutes just in case the problem is with the soil and not a light leak.

the sides of the cfls give off the most light, you get very little light off the ends of the bulbs so mounting the bulbs so their side on to the plants will give you the most light possible, i made some reflectors out of foil trays to help get more light on the plants.

its sounds like you got a nice strain as well so will be interesting to see how the turn out, so im sub'd.

Thanks Don !!! I did check a few time during the dark period and it seems pretty 100% dark to me and for the nutes i was thinking not giving them nutes till i start seeing real flowers then i can start with a 1/4 str but my plan was to not add any nutes since i am growing with MG with tons of fertz and just go with PH water (6.0-6.5).

They are growing so fast under 12/12 this is crazy, now i will let them dry out for a bit its been 2 days without water and i want to give the roots some oxygen !

Thanks for sub'd, glad to have you onboard :welcome:

:peace:

Just saying hi Lavernz... HI

for about the first 21 days of flower the plants will stretch, they do this as their adjusting to the 12-12 light schedule, what plants do is during the dark period they do at least 3 things, 1 they repair damage done during the daytime, 2 they send nutrients back down to the roots so this helps with root development, 3 they stretch, when a plant is in the shade it stretches so it can find the light again, the same process happens during the 12 hour dark period until the plant is settled into the new schedule,

its why i dont really like the 24-0 light schedule, these plants will grow under constant light but they take some time our during that light schedule to do the night time tasks, so your just wasting electric under 24-0, plus if a plants got more roots then it can support a much bigger plant and feed it with more nutrients, so i prefer using 18-6 for veg or even 17-7, the best schedule i have used is gas lantern routine but im working on my own auto strains at the moment so cant use glr but as soon as ive finished with the autos ill only be using glr.

let me see what i can find out about this mg soil and its slow release nutrients as the plants need different nutrients for veg and flower, for veg they need something high in N and low in PK so 2-1-1 or 10-5-5 or what ever brand and product your using, then for flower you need something high in P and lower in N and K, so 1-2-2 or what ever brand or product people use, it all varies but chances are you know all this all ready, its just if you dont have the right nutes for flower then the buds wont develop as well as they can do, but we do know mg is not much good for seedlings and clones but it seems to ok with bigger plants, let me see if i can find someone who uses mg as i know some growers use it and get great results, ill find out when they start feeding and what the kind of dose they give is,

Re: 1st Journal, M39 (Northen Light x Skunk ) Soil & CFL'S

subscribed. I use General Hydroponic Flora series nutrients that can be mixed for all stages of vegetative growth and flowering. General Hydroponics Flora series nutrients can be used in hydroponic, soil and soiless mediums.

https://generalhydroponics.com nutrients flora series

Back
Top Bottom