2 Girls & 1 Kit: Major PITA Takes High Brix Outdoors, Summer 2015

The Weakly (postmortem and adieu)

Welcome to the final update for this journal. There is not much left to say but I wanted to close it out by thanking everyone who followed along. Special thanks to duggan, Graytail, B A R, Dr. Ziggy, Sue, Doc Bud, and all the rest of the high brix gang. Without you, this journal wouldn't exist and I wouldn't be sitting on a winter's harvest.

First the numbers for dry trimmed buds:
HB PB = 20.2 oz.
HB AS = 15.9 oz.
OG PB = 20.9 oz.
OG AS = 15.4 oz.
Total = 72.4 oz., or a little over 4.5 pounds.

Obviously for outdoors, these numbers are nothing to write home about. I take full responsibility for making a huge mistake right from the get-go. I planted them in soft pots in the ground. I'd hoped to compare the results of the two different soils. At that time I didn't realize how easily the roots would go through the pots and into the surrounding soil. That surrounding dirt had not been amended and, while not awful, it is sandy and 'N' poor. It also didn't get any of the drenches or even consistent watering. Not only that, because of the mixed grow media, my soil comparrisons were not valid. A real rookie mistake.

The good news: We were able to give away some nice medecine to friends and family, including someone who is currently fighting cancer. Also, to keep our weight legal, we processed a bunch of this into kief. I hope to have that final number in a day or two along with a quick video showing real-time how quick and easy the dry ice extraction method is. I believe we'll end up with 6.5 oz. of hash from this harvest. All-in-all, we are VERY happy campers.

I'm not sure what I expected to learn, but I had to take a look at the roots. There were roots extending 30" to 36" or more in all directions even after fighting through the pot.
Roots125.jpg

Roots224.jpg

One surprise for me - the lateral roots went through the sides easily, however the bigger tap roots (the size of a pencil) did not penetrate the pot. They curl around the inside of the pots.
Rootball1.jpg

AS buds are a little whispy, but very frosty.
3SAoS_Bud2.jpg

Pitbull is more dense. Tastes like some sort of over-ripe fruit mixed with earthy notes.
Pitbull11.jpg

3SAoS_Bud4.jpg

AS has more of a pine smell and lemony taste. In fact the kief from it smells a lot like pine pitch.
Ace_of_Spades.jpg

I think that's a wrap, my friends. I hope you will join me in my next journal. I will be adding the dry ice hash extraction video there.

Aloha, and :Namaste:

Thanks for letting us ride along. You certainly taugh us a few things, while learning yourself, truly a pleasure watching it all unfold for you. Your friends and family, are lucky to have you and the wife in their lives. Keep up the good work.

Major, a stellar harvest. How wonderful that so many benefitted from your adventure. So well done. :bravo:

I can't believe I caught the back end of this journal :p Oh me and my puns... I swear when I read the title I lost it. Just finished working in the garden sitting down to update the journal and read a couple others... had a mouthful of food and nearly shot it halfway across the room. For that to come out of Sweet ol Sue. It was awesome! I've got love for ya mate, no doubt!

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

No, thank you for the ride Pita and send me a personal invite for the next one.

Unsubbed...

Man I was sooo high last night. I just realized I though this was one of Sue's journals. My apologies Major Pita. Still funny as f*ck title if I've ever seen on on here. The one accurate statement was ... I got love for ya mate! hahaha blood brilliant :)

Great growing, and around a pound per plant for a first grow is quite good! Also you didn't know the strains very well, so I wouldn't really care! If quality is there it's all that matters! Good luck on switching to indoor :thumb:

Man I was sooo high last night. I just realized I though this was one of Sue's journals. My apologies Major Pita. Still funny as f*ck title if I've ever seen on on here. The one accurate statement was ... I got love for ya mate! hahaha blood brilliant :)
:rofl: No worries. Glad you stumbled on my journal. :high-five:

Great growing, and around a pound per plant for a first grow is quite good! Also you didn't know the strains very well, so I wouldn't really care! If quality is there it's all that matters! Good luck on switching to indoor :thumb:
Thanks Conrad! I'm very pleased with the outcome. I was able to get our maximum legal limit for dry flowers and about 6 oz. of kief/hash. We're all set. Do you grow indoors during the winter?

epic.........congratulations

Thanks Conrad! I'm very pleased with the outcome. I was able to get our maximum legal limit for dry flowers and about 6 oz. of kief/hash. We're all set. Do you grow indoors during the winter?

Not really, man.

I said I was done here, but the last thing I did with this grow was making kief. I am going to add the dry ice extraction video here as well. This is where it really belongs.

[video=vimeo;142745043]
[/video]

How melty is your hash? Do you think it's ok for use on an oil rig?

Reps on the vid man.

Thanks Gov!
Good question. I wish knew. I don't have a rig to try it with. If you used a finer mesh, I think it would have to work. The 190 micron screen looks pure but I haven't tried to melt it yet. I'll see if I can tell and report back.

Back
Top Bottom