2 Girls & 1 Kit: Major PITA Takes High Brix Outdoors, Summer 2015

Ok so I should take the trim out of the freezer and let it dry like the buds we smoke? Cause I just stuffed in a ziplock straight from the plant in to the freezer.........

So you are saying must be "DRY" trim..........

I dried mine just like smoke - or even more dry.
I honestly don't know what would happen if it was left as-is. It might work just fine. The problem is, the dry ice is going to freeze any moisture rock-hard. Would that keep it from working as well? The trichomes might be held in the ice and not sift throught the screen as well. Dunno. Personally I'd dry it, but I'm also interested in the results if it isn't dry.

Thanks Major, for the exciting endorsement to the process. I blogged those instructions so I wouldn't lose them, because I'm definitely going to try it out.

It's so heart-warming to see you take in the bounty. Such a pleasure to know you're able to do hash freely again. Isn't life sweet? :bravo: :yahoo:

I dried mine just like smoke - or even more dry.
I honestly don't know what would happen if it was left as-is. It might work just fine. The problem is, the dry ice is going to freeze any moisture rock-hard. Would that keep it from working as well? The trichomes might be held in the ice and not sift throught the screen as well. Dunno. Personally I'd dry it, but I'm also interested in the results if it isn't dry.

I can see where you are coming from.....I'm just gonna let it dry first.........lol, I don't have enough to test.......:), with that said I'm prolly gonna wait till these next four are done.....should b just before Christmas.....

Thanks Major, for the exciting endorsement to the process. I blogged those instructions so I wouldn't lose them, because I'm definitely going to try it out.

It's so heart-warming to see you take in the bounty. Such a pleasure to know you're able to do hash freely again. Isn't life sweet? :bravo: :yahoo:
Life is sweet indeed!
I was going to do a tutorial but there are a couple of good ones on the tube already.

I can see where you are coming from.....I'm just gonna let it dry first.........lol, I don't have enough to test.......:), with that said I'm prolly gonna wait till these next four are done.....should b just before Christmas.....
Good call. I hope you like it as much as we do. Please let me know how it goes when you do it.

BTW, I found this small bucket holds the ice and 2 ounces of trim perfectly. Maybe it will help you size things for your run. Anything from 1/2 gal. to 1 gal. should work great. This one happens to be right in the middle and holds 3 quarts. Don't forget to scrape it out when done. There will be kief stuck to the inside (static cling). A heavy rubber band helps keep the bag/screen nice and tight so none of the trim can get into your hash (made that mistake once - luckily just a little). After shaking the kief out, do NOT turn the bucket back over until you are off the sifting area. Any little bits of trim could fall into your good stuff.

Bucket25.jpg

Outstanding Major. :Namaste:

+Reps to you Major. Hell yeah we're all still here. Looking for a little update from the indoor & the finish of the outdoor & I got hit in the face with this invaluable hash method. Props to you :thanks:

The Weakly (Week 26 m/l) :cheesygrinsmiley:

I was hoping to do a single update but realistically I won't have the final numbers for several more days. Also, I'd like to pull a plant (or two) out of the ground to see what, if anything, I learn from the roots growing through the pots. I know the pots had an impact on their growth. I'd like to see what the roots look like both inside the pots and out.

Here is my Skeleton Crew.
Skeleton_Crew.jpg

This is how I'm curing my harvest. Each of the larger colored jars hold 8 zips. The clear jars hold about 6. I didn't keep any large buds - maybe 7 inches being the largest. I'm keeping the weight down so I removed as much of the stems as possible. After a few weeks in these, I plan to shrink wrap them and they will live in the fridge.
Harvest50.jpg

AoS_Trimmed.jpg

PB_Trimmed.jpg

The smoke is tasty, but I'm no good at nailing down flavors. As for the high, it is not the strongest stuff I have, but that's fine. I love the taste and enjoy being able to take a few puffs rather than getting blotto off a single hit. I'd guess both the Pitbull and Ace of Spades are down in the 10% THC range. It is still raw but not grassy. I think it will be very nice smoke this winter once it cures. Add a little kief to a hit and it will take you there. No couch lock. Good for getting things done w/o being speedy. I still have a fair amount left for their final trim before weighing and jarring. I hope to post those number and my root findings in my final update closing this journal.

Here is where we left my new kids on the block about three weeks ago. They were just up-canned into 1 gal. pots at that time. They were up-canned into 7 gal. about a week ago.
All_Together.jpg

5_Pots1.jpg

This is where they are now. I did a bunch of pruning and training, cleaning up their understory. My plan is to flip them in about a week. Canopy is fairly even. I haven't decided if I will leave things as they are, or prune more for fewer bud nodes per plant. This soil is a pretty hot mix so it is pushing them hard. Some strains (like the Pitbull) love it. Others are maybe a little overwhelmed by it.
20151013_070202.jpg

20151013_070250.jpg

Thanks for all your support throughout this grow. This last six months has been a great experience. I made it through w/o killing them. I didn't get ripped off. No rot, mold or bud worms. All in all, a big success for my first real grow in 30 years. I learned a lot. The most important thing I learned is, I have a LOT more to learn! If there is anything else you'd like to know or see, please let me know.

Until next time, :Namaste:

Congrats on finishing those big girls Pita. I have to tell you I really enjoyed watching you bring them to harvest, my favorite outdoor grow witnessing since becoming a 420 member. And thanxx for the hash tips.

Major, congratulations on your harvest and smoke report!! looks and sound great! :)
Thanks Dr. 'Z'!

Congrats on finishing those big girls Pita. I have to tell you I really enjoyed watching you bring them to harvest, my favorite outdoor grow witnessing since becoming a 420 member. And thanxx for the hash tips.
That's awesome of you to say, Reg! I'm glad you enjoyed the ride. Like I said before, you are a big part of why I'm here.

:popcorn: Subbed, late but subbed!
logo8.gif
Welcome Hozona! Better late than never. :high-five:

:circle-of-love::cheer::bravo::goodjob::high-five::welldone::allgood::tommy::goof::woohoo::cough:

CONGRATULATIONS MAJOR

Done a little dry ice hash myself. Good to augment smoking regiment with
Pretty good haul...and smoked very smooth!

Awesome! :high-five:
Did you weigh your trim to see how the yield was?

Back
Top Bottom