2 Girls & 1 Kit: Major PITA Takes High Brix Outdoors, Summer 2015

Morning Budley!
Not long. It depends on the size of the pots, but just a few minutes. You can tell when the soil is saturated. It won't bubble when you add water to the top of the soil and anything you add increases the runoff in the bottom pot. When the plants are in 1 gal. pots, it takes just a couple of minutes. When I'm working with 7 gal. pots, it takes maybe 5 minutes.

Much appreciated guys!
The best news is, no worms to be found and more good weather for at least another week (mid-80's). That should let me get these dry and chop the tops out of the other two plants.

Excellent work bro.

And it's only the beginning! This is going to be epic Pita.

Excellent work bro.

That looks like a nice start to your harvest Major. Glad its worked out for you :Rasta:

And it's only the beginning! This is going to be epic Pita.

What he said ^^^ :thumb:

:thanks:

Epic for me, anyway. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I hope to chop some more on Friday. I think the current haul will be dry enough by then to start curing. If not, I'll pull the rest of the Ace of Spades in kit soil on Saturday. Cheers!

:thanks:

Epic for me, anyway. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I hope to chop some more on Friday. I think the current haul will be dry enough by then to start curing. If not, I'll pull the rest of the Ace of Spades in kit soil on Saturday. Cheers!

What an awesome grow Major! Well, well done. You've inspired me to consider an outdoor grow myself this coming season.

One question: You said you're getting mites--have you checked your Brix lately? Curious what your numbers are, and wondering if Brix decreases as flowers mature, meaning we might want to increase the foliars later in the cycle? Just thinking out-loud, and was hoping it was possible to brix-away mites--though that might just be impossible.

What an awesome grow Major! Well, well done. You've inspired me to consider an outdoor grow myself this coming season.

One question: You said you're getting mites--have you checked your Brix lately? Curious what your numbers are, and wondering if Brix decreases as flowers mature, meaning we might want to increase the foliars later in the cycle? Just thinking out-loud, and was hoping it was possible to brix-away mites--though that might just be impossible.

Thanks Stoney!
I have not checked recently. The reason being, I found brix was getting lower on the fan leaves, but I think that is to be expected since they were fading. I checked about a week ago and fan leaf was at 15-16. I tried a small bud but all I got was a greasy wad that didn't provide juice to test.

Outdoor grows have different challenges but are just as rewarding. Go for it!

Major, how's all ....nevermind ,i can see!! :yahoo: Big buds for the Major....just a great effort all around pal....big pickle jar harvest eh, yeepa! Let us know about taste etc..will ya . Gonna get some 1/2 gal. mason jars? Few dozen autta doo....booya! Cheers :Namaste:

Evening duggan!
Yeah, I'm afraid the cure may be less than optimum for much of it. I have a couple of 1 gal jars I'm going to use for the best buds. Honestly, a lot of it will get trimmed over time. I don't see me getting through it all at once. I have friends and family that are being gifted a lot of it and I'm going to let them deal with final trim and cure. The rest is going to get cured in tripled garbage bags or go straight to the freezer for bubble.
:high-five:

Major, what a way to kick off your harvest run. Might want to switch out that water more often. And this is only the beginning. Did that make everyone else chortle with glee when you saw the photos of this part of the harvest and pictured what else is left, waiting to be chopped? ? Hahaha!

:bravo: Major. I agree that a field promotion may be in order. :high-five:

Major, what a way to kick off your harvest run. Might want to switch out that water more often. And this is only the beginning. Did that make everyone else chortle with glee when you saw the photos of this part of the harvest and pictured what else is left, waiting to be chopped? ? Hahaha!

:bravo: Major. I agree that a field promotion may be in order. :high-five:
TY, Sue!

I'm a couple hours away. Have clippers, will travel. :goodjob:
:high-five:

General Pita!! :high-five:
Mornin pal, just gettin my sorry ass outta bed at 10...yowza, bad, bad head cold. Have a great day Major!
I know where you can get some medicine for that. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Feel better, bro!

I chose a terrible time to be away.

I had a feeling this was gonna turn out great. I'd make extra effort to be able to smoke the sun kissed herbs of you and Conradino.

Congratulations on a great start to a great harvest by a great Cannabis grower. :tokin::drool:

Hey guys -

Thanks for all the positive vibes. Sorry for being MIA. I've been swamped with business crap and trimming this harvest like there is no tomorrow. I found I'm good for trimming about one pound per day. To keep our legal weight, my wife has been giving it away as fast as I can process it. I made some scissor hash, bubble hash, and dry sift - a few grams of each. I'm still chopping, trimming and drying. I didn't get my weekly update done (yet), but will jump back on it and continue this journal ASAP. I also up-canned the new indoor girls to 7 gal pots. About two week until their flip. Lots going on! I look forward to getting back to all the other members' grows and great info once things slow down a little.

:Namaste::420:

ASHB.jpg

Trimming4.jpg

Kief6.jpg

Kief_Pressed.jpg

Hey guys -

Thanks for all the positive vibes. Sorry for being MIA. I've been swamped with business crap and trimming this harvest like there is no tomorrow. I found I'm good for trimming about one pound per day. To keep our legal weight, my wife has been giving it away as fast as I can process it. I made some scissor hash, bubble hash, and dry sift - a few grams of each. I'm still chopping, trimming and drying. I didn't get my weekly update done (yet), but will jump back on it and continue this journal ASAP. I also up-canned the new indoor girls to 7 gal pots. About two week until their flip. Lots going on! I look forward to getting back to all the other members' grows and great info once things slow down a little.

:Namaste::420:

ASHB.jpg

Trimming4.jpg

Kief6.jpg

Kief_Pressed.jpg

at first I thought you had a serious deer problem.. :rofl:

lb a day...is the way :)

Major, I'm doing a dance of joy here, kinda jump in' up and down after seeing that picture of those magnificent nugs lying around. A pound a day? You go Major. :high-five:

WooHoo!!! What a rush to watch a friend bring it in! :hug: :love:

Back
Top Bottom