2nd Grow - SIP, KS5000, Banana Tropicanna & Orange Hill Special Photos

Bonus question: Does higher wind make fatter buds? The bud nearest my upper fan is massive, bigger than the rest... :rofl: I'll have to get a picture next time.
I know stress increases terpene and trich production but size?

Day 48 Cont (Flash on)
tropban_day48_flash_9.jpg
tropban_day48_flash_10.jpg
tropban_day48_flash_11.jpg
tropban_day48_flash_12.jpg
tropban_day48_flash_15.jpg
tropban_day48_flash_16.jpg

Day 49 (LEDS on):
tropban_day49_ledson_7.jpg
tropban_day49_ledson_9.jpg
tropban_day49_ledson_10.jpg
tropban_day49_ledson_11.jpg

My ones near the fans are less good but the fans also distribute the Co2 so they might be getting too much.

To add from the SIP thread was - have you got one of those water:moistness reading spikes? You could measure where that moisture is in the medium, you’re part soil, right? So its more important.

Nick

My ones near the fans are less good but the fans also distribute the Co2 so they might be getting too much.

To add from the SIP thread was - have you got one of those water:moistness reading spikes? You could measure where that moisture is in the medium, you’re part soil, right? So its more important.

Nick
Yeah I'm probably just imaging it :rofl: I'll measure the thiccness at the end and see.

I can get one, might be a good idea mate nice one. Yeah I'm all soil, soil + 30% perlite (I should be 40% but I ran out of Perlite!). It's definitely critical to have the moisture gradient correct, which it is, but I'm just not sure if I can make that gradient too high by refilling too often or it's purely to do with how high the res is refilled - If it's just how high it's refilled then I can stop worrying and just keep making sure it's at 50% fullness for now :D

Yeah I'm probably just imaging it :rofl: I'll measure the thiccness at the end and see.

I can get one, might be a good idea mate nice one. Yeah I'm all soil, soil + 30% perlite (I should be 40% but I ran out of Perlite!). It's definitely critical to have the moisture gradient correct, which it is, but I'm just not sure if I can make that gradient too high by refilling too often or it's purely to do with how high the res is refilled - If it's just how high it's refilled then I can stop worrying and just keep making sure it's at 50% fullness for now :D
When you get one I think Inkbird do a nice one, not sure about Russell Hobbs 🤣

Nick

Bonus question: Does higher wind make fatter buds? The bud nearest my upper fan is massive, bigger than the rest... :rofl: I'll have to get a picture next time.
I know stress increases terpene and trich production but size?

Day 48 Cont (Flash on)
tropban_day48_flash_9.jpg
tropban_day48_flash_10.jpg
tropban_day48_flash_11.jpg
tropban_day48_flash_12.jpg
tropban_day48_flash_15.jpg
tropban_day48_flash_16.jpg

Day 49 (LEDS on):
tropban_day49_ledson_7.jpg
tropban_day49_ledson_9.jpg
tropban_day49_ledson_10.jpg
tropban_day49_ledson_11.jpg
I don't know about the fan making a bigger bud but that plant is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen!

I don't know about the fan making a bigger bud but that plant is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen!
Wow extremely high praise coming from you mate, both me and the plant are blushing :rofl: 🙏
She is an absolute stunner and still going strong, I'll post some updates in a few days just to see how she's fattening up and putting on even more frost :D

Apologies to everyone who's journal I've not kept up with, as usual I'm snowed under with work but some free time is on the horizon or so I'm promised.

I posted in Pests and Problems but hopefully it's nothing major, I do think I've spotted a little bugger pest super early but if they are around my seedlings it's surely bad news.

These images will all be moved to a future journal soon but I gotta find the time.

Day 4 (Blueberry Muffins Seedlings)
seedling4.jpg

seedling2.jpg
seedling3.jpg

Any the possible pest...
whatisthispest.jpg

So. Much. Frost.
You with the three ingredients, always!

We had some, maybe 4-5 of those the day we up potted to 5G on Big Grow. Rust coloured. I was terrified and calling in the spider mite police. & Co squished them all between her nails and they were never seen again. That was 61 days ago!

Maybe they like living in soil/coco bags and less under lights because good as & Co is at extermination I was always dubious she got every one of them in 18 pots.

Nick

Free time on the horizon was a lie! I've been working pretty much nonstop since my last post, I'm promised that free time is now actually on the horizon this weekend so will be on and catching up in the next day or two :reading420magazine:

On day 61 now, so hopefully around 13 days left (Could be less could be more, will get the microscope out in a week or so!). My new plants are on day 14 and all thriving, I'll make a new journal with updates with those asap!

These pics are from a few days ago, I'm struggling to both keep temps low & achieve a good VPD, it's hard to get 30% rh without directly dehumidifying the tent which causes too much heat, I'll figure it out, this is the really the last step of dialing in the environment.

Heat/Light has caused lots of inward curling on a few leaves, I don't think there's anything I can do about that now apart from ensuring the heat is kept in check!

I hope everyone is doing well and has a good weekend 🙏

Day 58 (3 days ago, I'll provide updated pics as soon as I get some free time this weekend):
1tropban_day58_flash - Copy.jpg

3tropban_day58_flash - Copy.jpg
4tropban_day58_flash - Copy.jpg
5tropban_day58_flash - Copy.jpg
6tropban_day58_flash - Copy.jpg
7tropban_day58_flash - Copy.jpg
8tropban_day58_flash - Copy.jpg
9tropban_day58_flash - Copy.jpg
10tropban_day58_flash - Copy.jpg

2tropban_day58_flash - Copy.jpg

You're selling the heck out of them Weff! What a sight! :love: :love: :love:
Thank you kindly sir 😊

I'm hoping they pack a little more width and frost on in these final 12(ish) days but I have no idea, this is my first real crop and I'm very excited to finish her up.

I've got a little sneak peak of the next journal again, I'll find time to post that this coming week, I've spent today catching up with everyones journals and smoking plenty of bud :D
blueberrymuffins_day151.jpg

Quadlining starts in the next few days, environment reads 29.8c/75% rH with lights on. This is the first grow where veg has been optimal conditions (I moved the veg tent out of the lung room so I can pump heat without issues to the flower tent) and they are all doing super great, packed on loads of size in the last week.

Waiting for the res to empty and I'll refill with full grow nutes, I could actually do with your input on whether the grow nutes seem correct if you get any spare time please @InTheShed? No stress at all if your too busy, they did just fine last time but in hindsight I feel they looked a tad light the full time until we switched things up in flower.

Also got some more pics of the tropicanna banana, not loads of changes from last time but nice to document nontheless.

If your reading, thanks for following along with my progress, you guys/gals have really helped me achieve good results way sooner than I'd hoped! 🙏

Day 62 (Flash on)
tropbanana_day62_flash_7.jpg
tropbanana_day62_flash_6.jpg
tropbanana_day62_flash_5.jpg
tropbanana_day62_flash_4.jpg
tropbanana_day62_flash_3.jpg
tropbanana_day62_flash_2.jpg
tropbanana_day62_flash_1.jpg

:drool:
I could actually do with your input on whether the grow nutes seem correct if you get any spare time please @InTheShed? No stress at all if your too busy, they did just fine last time but in hindsight I feel they looked a tad light the full time until we switched things up in flower.
Sorry Weff, please remind me which nutes you're using so I can give you some numbers for early veg. I don't think you'll need to bump the K until flower but I'll take a look.

:drool:

Sorry Weff, please remind me which nutes you're using so I can give you some numbers for early veg. I don't think you'll need to bump the K until flower but I'll take a look.
Yes mate I'll post over what I'm using now, if you need pictures of bottles or anything just let me know :thanks: 🙏

I'm basically just curious if there is enough N, my plants have been super light coloured each time through veg so it's making me wonder :D

I only just upped it to this feed this morning as the res had run dry again.

Current Regime:
T.A TriPart Grow 1.5ml/L
T.A TriPart Micro 1ml/L
T.A TriPart Bloom 0.5ml/L

T.A Silica Powder 2g/5L
Canna CalMag 1ml/L
T.A Fulvic 2ml/L
T.A Seaweed 5ml/L

Cheers for checking for me @InTheShed 🙏 Really appreciated :green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom