2nd Grow - SIP, KS5000, Banana Tropicanna & Orange Hill Special Photos

Thank you kindly sir 😊

I'm hoping they pack a little more width and frost on in these final 12(ish) days but I have no idea, this is my first real crop and I'm very excited to finish her up.

I've got a little sneak peak of the next journal again, I'll find time to post that this coming week, I've spent today catching up with everyones journals and smoking plenty of bud :D
blueberrymuffins_day151.jpg

Quadlining starts in the next few days, environment reads 29.8c/75% rH with lights on. This is the first grow where veg has been optimal conditions (I moved the veg tent out of the lung room so I can pump heat without issues to the flower tent) and they are all doing super great, packed on loads of size in the last week.

Waiting for the res to empty and I'll refill with full grow nutes, I could actually do with your input on whether the grow nutes seem correct if you get any spare time please @InTheShed? No stress at all if your too busy, they did just fine last time but in hindsight I feel they looked a tad light the full time until we switched things up in flower.

Also got some more pics of the tropicanna banana, not loads of changes from last time but nice to document nontheless.

If your reading, thanks for following along with my progress, you guys/gals have really helped me achieve good results way sooner than I'd hoped! 🙏

Day 62 (Flash
They’re looking in good health. Drop the lights and raise the nutes progressively until they look like they don’t like it if you feel like you left something on the table last time.

Read the plants not the feed chart, its just a guideline to fit the middle of the gaussian curve so they can help the majority.

Step outside the lines if its what you think. More of the same for now, rather than moving up a stage.

My two pennies.

Nick

Yes mate I'll post over what I'm using now, if you need pictures of bottles or anything just let me know :thanks: 🙏

I'm basically just curious if there is enough N, my plants have been super light coloured each time through veg so it's making me wonder :D

I only just upped it to this feed this morning as the res had run dry again.

Current Regime:
T.A TriPart Grow 1.5ml/L
T.A TriPart Micro 1ml/L
T.A TriPart Bloom 0.5ml/L

T.A Silica Powder 2g/5L
Canna CalMag 1ml/L
T.A Fulvic 2ml/L
T.A Seaweed 5ml/L

Cheers for checking for me @InTheShed 🙏 Really appreciated
Not sure how the fulvic and seaweed ended up in there. ;)

Since the flowering plants are loving the current mix and you're already mixing that up, I would take that and dilute it for the young ones by adding 650ml water to 1L of the current blend. Makes life much easier.

They look so well-organized and plump, and will be a very bountiful harvest in a dozen days. . .:tommy:

Not sure how the fulvic and seaweed ended up in there. ;)

Since the flowering plants are loving the current mix and you're already mixing that up, I would take that and dilute it for the young ones by adding 650ml water to 1L of the current blend. Makes life much easier.
Thanks @InTheShed :thanks:

Do you not think Fulvic or Seaweed is beneficial? I used the exact same nutrients on this plant during veg, other than the lightness of the leaves and lack of praying I did feel the plant did well but I have no baseline for comparison.

All of the things there are recommended from the manufacturers feed chart and the only thing I'm not adding is a nettle brew as I believe that's mainly for pest prevention. I have read that both fulvic acid and seaweed is beneficial but I can't cite any science and I'm open to learning differently :rofl:

I actually mix the nutrient mix each morning when feeding, I don't have an easy way to store/pour lots of mix each day so it works fine doing it this way, if slightly tedious! I'll mix the flower ratio (minus the extra potassium sulphate) with more water and see how they look 🙏

They’re looking in good health. Drop the lights and raise the nutes progressively until they look like they don’t like it if you feel like you left something on the table last time.

Read the plants not the feed chart, its just a guideline to fit the middle of the gaussian curve so they can help the majority.

Step outside the lines if its what you think. More of the same for now, rather than moving up a stage.

My two pennies.

Nick
Good advice mate :thanks: The leaves have shown light damage so the PAR has been reduced quite a lot. Basically the lights have been dialed back, the temps have been dialed back and the VPD is being pushed hard for the final ripening. They are fattening up nicely and still got a decent bit of time left so I'm feeling positive they should reach their potential :D

They look so well-organized and plump, and will be a very bountiful harvest in a dozen days. . .:tommy:
Thank you very much @ViparSpectra - I can't recommend your lights highly enough, even canopy & removable driver makes flowering a breeze even for a novice like myself 🙏 :green_heart:

Do you not think Fulvic or Seaweed is beneficial?
No clue...I just hate when seaweed gets tangled in my feet at the beach!

I'm sure it's fine. :) And I think you can leave in the extra potassium sulfate from farside's mix and just dilute the whole mix down. As the plants grow dilute it less until you're about 80% of flower strength in a couple of weeks and leave it there for the rest of veg.

Of course, keep an eye on leaf color as you always do!

Got dropped from your thread so have to go catch up.
Blueberry Muffins x 4 have gone into some distilled water that's sitting on a seed heating mat, all 4 have sunk overnight... is that a myth that non viable seeds will float or a fact?
Shed and Stone got you covered on this one but, no, they don't have to sink to be viable. In fact, I prefer it if they don't. In nature seeds don't germinate at the bottom of a deep puddle but often in leaf litter or damp soil. Floating on top of the water, they have access to both all of the moisture from below but also the O2 from above.

If mine sink, they come out since they have obviously absorbed water which increased their weight (properly dried seeds at least).

SIP Design (Exactly the same but bigger res and smaller container, 10 litre with 2.5 litre res)
Nice! :thumb:

No clue...I just hate when seaweed gets tangled in my feet at the beach!

I'm sure it's fine. :) And I think you can leave in the extra potassium sulfate from farside's mix and just dilute the whole mix down. As the plants grow dilute it less until you're about 80% of flower strength in a couple of weeks and leave it there for the rest of veg.

Of course, keep an eye on leaf color as you always do!
:rofl: Ok perfect thanks @InTheShed, i'll do that & monitor leaf colour closely.

Got dropped from your thread so have to go catch up.

Shed and Stone got you covered on this one but, no, they don't have to sink to be viable. In fact, I prefer it if they don't. In nature seeds don't germinate at the bottom of a deep puddle but often in leaf litter or damp soil. Floating on top of the water, they have access to both all of the moisture from below but also the O2 from above.

If mine sink, they come out since they have obviously absorbed water which increased their weight (properly dried seeds at least).

Nice! :thumb:
:welcome: back mate we've missed you around here. Ok I gotya :thanks: So many myths to debunk it's hard work being a knowledgable 420 Mag member :rofl:

Gonna start checking trich in next few days as we approach the potential final week 🔥

- Dr Bruce Bugbee uses a DLI of around 40 or 1000 umol right from the get go, way higher than I've seen advised elsewhere but I know he knows his stuff. I'm gonna test whether the theory holds and I am obviously somewhat anxious about light burn but I'm happy to lose a few seeds/weeks if needed.
I use the KS5000 also. I hang my light as high as possible. I use it for both Veg & Flower. I start my seeds at 50%. within 2 weeks I'm up to 75%. By the 3rd week I'm at 90% & the 4th week 100%. It works quite well for me.

I use the KS5000 also. I hang my light as high as possible. I use it for both Veg & Flower. I start my seeds at 50%. within 2 weeks I'm up to 75%. By the 3rd week I'm at 90% & the 4th week 100%. It works quite well for me.
Great info thanks @Buds Buddy - I only use the KS5000 for flower at the moment but my latest seedlings are under 80% brightness and two weeks old so that pretty much lines up with what I've been doing :thanks:

I'm gonna start the next journal today for my Blueberry Muffins and 3rd grow, I'll tag all the lovely people I've met so you can follow along if you have time (A valued and rare commodity so completely understand if not).

9 Days remain, although that could be less. I think it was probably Joe's journal but I saw with Tropicanna Banana they tend to keep making fresh pistils so it's not the best indicator of "doneness" with this strain, I will check trich colour very soon.

She has not stopped drinking, maybe slowed down by 10% so far.

Here's the Tropicanna Banana at Day 65, LEDs on:
tropban_day65_8.jpg
tropban_day65_7.jpg
tropban_day65_4.jpg
tropban_day65_5.jpg
tropban_day65_6.jpg
tropban_day65_3.jpg
tropban_day65_2.jpg
tropban_day65_1.jpg

Great info thanks @Buds Buddy - I only use the KS5000 for flower at the moment but my latest seedlings are under 80% brightness and two weeks old so that pretty much lines up with what I've been doing :thanks:

I'm gonna start the next journal today for my Blueberry Muffins and 3rd grow, I'll tag all the lovely people I've met so you can follow along if you have time (A valued and rare commodity so completely understand if not).

9 Days remain, although that could be less. I think it was probably Joe's journal but I saw with Tropicanna Banana they tend to keep making fresh pistils so it's not the best indicator of "doneness" with this strain, I will check trich colour very soon.

She has not stopped drinking, maybe slowed down by 10% so far.

Here's the Tropicanna Banana at Day 65, LEDs on:
tropban_day65_8.jpg
tropban_day65_7.jpg
tropban_day65_4.jpg
tropban_day65_5.jpg
tropban_day65_6.jpg
tropban_day65_3.jpg
tropban_day65_2.jpg
tropban_day65_1.jpg
Sweet ass plant ! Should enter her in a contest if you haven't as of yet. So far everything I've tried with Banana has been really good stuff. I really like the GMO x Black Banana. Haven't tried the Tropicana Banana yet. Maybe soon.

Sweet ass plant ! Should enter her in a contest if you haven't as of yet. So far everything I've tried with Banana has been really good stuff. I really like the GMO x Black Banana. Haven't tried the Tropicana Banana yet. Maybe soon.
Hell yeah thanks @Buds Buddy ! I might enter her into plant of the month but I might wait another week just to get her in her final glory :D

The smell on this one isn't crazy just yet but I'll reserve judgement till I smoke it/break a nug up, GMO X Black Banana sounds super interesting I've not heard of that one before now.

Thank you very much @ViparSpectra - I can't recommend your lights highly enough, even canopy & removable driver makes flowering a breeze even for a novice like myself 🙏 :green_heart:
Seeing your excellent plants convinces people you are right! Appreciate the compliment!
Novice? Then I think you should be a talented novice, lol~ Look at the beautiful buds!!:goof:

Novice? Then I think you should be a talented novice, lol~ Look at the beautiful buds!!:goof:
He’s waaaay better than novice!

Showcased the quality of your lights beautifully. Those are some top tier plants!

Nick

Seeing your excellent plants convinces people you are right! Appreciate the compliment!
Haha thanks a lot @ViparSpectra :rofl:

He’s waaaay better than novice!

Showcased the quality of your lights beautifully. Those are some top tier plants!

Nick
She's a beauty mate :thanks: 🙏

Got some trich pictures today, not the best but it's hard to take good ones. Still a little bit to go, most of the amber is on sugar leaves but there's a few on the buds.

Day 68:
tropban_trich_day68_1.png
tropban_trich_day68_2.png
tropban_trich_day68_3.png
tropban_trich_day68_4.png
tropban_trich_day68_5.png
tropban_trich_day68_6.png
tropban_trich_day68_7.png
tropban_trich_day68_8.png
tropban_trich_day68_9.png
tropban_trich_day68_10.png

Back