2nd Grow - SIP, KS5000, Banana Tropicanna & Orange Hill Special Photos

tropbanday70_led_7.jpg

Any day now, I'm seeing more amber each day so I expect it to be one day this week.

Just a few more days of work and I'll have the first good harvest of this journey so far, barring no final issues
🤞
Very exciting!

Rising temps mean it's gonna be a struggle to keep it at 60/60 for drying but I'll see what I can do, my AC can get the room to about 65f as a last resort which I'm hoping wil be close enough. For actual summer I plan to use a frost free fridge but I need to buy a smaller fridge for my food first :rofl:

Day 70:

tropbanday70_flash_1.jpg
tropbanday70_flash_4.jpg
tropbanday70_flash_5.jpg
tropbanday70_flash_7.jpg

Bud shots:
tropbanday70_led_5.jpg
tropbanday70_led_4.jpg
tropbanday70_led_3.jpg
tropbanday70_led_6.jpg
tropbanday70_led_1.jpg

Very impressive @Weffalo :bravo: much better grow than mine. You will have to enter it in the plant of the month.
I might have to give the sip containers a try
You can see mine, link at the bottom of my sig
It's about a week behind yours

YES YES... you won't be disappointed with a SIP, My 36-day old seed plant is drinking half of a res of water in 12 hours. I'm pretty sure when the light comes on in 4 hours it will be GONE (holds about 3/4's of a gallon). She just went 1.5 days prior so it's time to FLIP the switch.

And I know your happy looking at that plant (WoW), Day 70... YUP I'm more of an all-cloudy grower, SO they definitely would be pulled. Can't wait to see what you get at the weigh in. Cheers! Nice Job. :volcano-smiley:

Really spectacular grow! The harvest must be great! Any plan next round?

Nice day! ☀️

Priorities in check.

🤣

Nick
Exactly mate, summer is coming and the lung room has AC, pumping out heat into the rest of the house for me to enjoy... my plants get the cooling while I suffer :rofl:

Very impressive @Weffalo :bravo: much better grow than mine. You will have to enter it in the plant of the month.
I might have to give the sip containers a try
You can see mine, link at the bottom of my sig
It's about a week behind yours
Thanks a lot @Joe Brewster , I've entered it in PoTM but there's lots of good competition this month :D

I just checked out your grow, I like the new blog format although it took me a few minutes to figure it out. Your TB might not have the bulk mine has but it sure looks frosty and tasty as hell
:cheer:
You've done this strain before if I remember rightly? I've never even smoked TB before so I'm hoping the terp profile agrees with me :D

+1 SIP CLUB FTW

YES YES... you won't be disappointed with a SIP, My 36-day old seed plant is drinking half of a res of water in 12 hours. I'm pretty sure when the light comes on in 4 hours it will be GONE (holds about 3/4's of a gallon). She just went 1.5 days prior so it's time to FLIP the switch.

And I know your happy looking at that plant (WoW), Day 70... YUP I'm more of an all-cloudy grower, SO they definitely would be pulled. Can't wait to see what you get at the weigh in. Cheers! Nice Job. :volcano-smiley:
Hey @JohnnieJC3 thanks for checking out my journal, appreciate your kind words :thanks:

I'm still very new to all this so not decided on what colour trich is best for harvest, I'll probably chop one of my next ones earlier to check out the difference. I'll keep everyone posted on final weights :passitleft:

Really spectacular grow! The harvest must be great! Any plan next round?

Nice day! ☀️
:thanks: Thanks a lot @ViparSpectra - As mentioned a few times, it's in no small part to your high quality light fixture. Really rate the KS5000 and have recommended it to friends who want a good light in this price range.

Next up is Blueberry Muffins by Humboldt Seed Company, this time I'm doing a run of 4 seeds using smaller SIP containers. You can check out how I'm getting on with that in my new journal here: 420 Bake It - Blueberry Muffins

Bro, I’m keeping my plant of the month stealth for now, but she’s a gonna blow you away! Then I’m going to vote for you I suspect. Not looked yet 🤣
There's plenty of good competition mate you might struggle more than you think with that vote!

Your grow always blows me away mate, made sweeter by the fact your in paradise and not this shithole :rofl: Nah it's a great country for many things, just not attitude to cannabis.

Today is HARVEST DAY! - Plan is to strip the leaves, snap a pic and then hang the branches seperated into wishbones. I would prefer to hang the full plant as is but there's no chance it will fit inside by 2x4 drying tent!

Temps are pushing 15-16c next week, this will definitely be the last crop I can safely dry without either a fridge or better AC (Current only goes down to 17c, which only makes the room about 18-19c).

Here's the final picture dump, day 72 flower
LEDs on:
tropban_day72_leds_3.jpg
tropban_day72_leds_6.jpg
tropban_day72_leds_1.jpg
tropban_day72_leds_7.jpg
tropban_day72_leds_8.jpg
tropban_day72_leds_9.jpg
tropban_day72_leds_10.jpg
tropban_day72_leds_11.jpg

tropban_day72_leds_2.jpg

And finally, with flash on and no LEDS:
tropban_day72_flash_8.jpg
tropban_day72_flash_9.jpg

tropban_day72_flash_1.jpg
tropban_day72_flash_2.jpg
tropban_day72_flash_3.jpg
tropban_day72_flash_4.jpg
tropban_day72_flash_5.jpg
tropban_day72_flash_6.jpg
tropban_day72_flash_7.jpg
Beautiful mate! Epic #2 Grow!

Congratulations, you must be chuffed! Lots to trim, enjoy that bit.

Really well done. I don’t have the patience to grow like that so they wow me.

There's plenty of good competition mate you might struggle more than you think with that vote!
Ha - I’m sure you’ll me right up there with her. If mine was a dog she’s be Rover my daughters’ new Chihuahua puppy 😂

Congrats again!

Nick

Every time open your log, I will still be amazed by how beautiful they are! :hug:Congratulations!!!!:kiss:

Beautiful mate! Epic #2 Grow!

Congratulations, you must be chuffed! Lots to trim, enjoy that bit.

Really well done. I don’t have the patience to grow like that so they wow me.

Ha - I’m sure you’ll me right up there with her. If mine was a dog she’s be Rover my daughters’ new Chihuahua puppy 😂

Congrats again!

Nick
Haha cheers mate, definitely chuffed :) Just gotta make sure no issues on the final and most important part, had a solid 15.8c/59.9% rH average over the last 3 days.

If we're doing the dog anlogy I reckon an army of Chihuanha puppies would beat a gnarly old wolf hound :rofl:

Next one is 4 plants so very different but hoping to still grow 4 monsters!

Congrats on the harvest though I'll believe it when I see it (aka "pics or it didn't happen!"). While we wait I'll just scroll back up and enjoy the pics of all that sugar. :drool:
Thanks a lot mate, I got receipts here and some more glory shots, ill post them down below :D

Every time open your log, I will still be amazed by how beautiful they are! :hug:Congratulations!!!!:kiss:
Thanks a lot @ViparSpectra Very happy with this one 🔥

:laugh: :passitleft:

4 plants I reckon 60% more yield now you’ve clearly mastered the training of one.

My gut feel and you know I’m dangerously optimistic 😂

Nick
VERY optimistic :rofl: If you count the space at the sides and missing in the middle of the canopy though there's definitely room for around that amount of optimisation. Maybe not this one but someday maybe :D

Here's some bonus pics and a rootopsy that maybe signals my air gap wasn't working? :rofl:
tropban_harvest1.jpg

tropban_harvest2.jpg
tropban_harvest3.jpg
tropban_harvest4.jpg
tropban_harvest5.jpg

Rootopsy:
tropban_rootopsy4.jpg
tropban_rootopsy2.jpg
rootopsy.png

Looking sweet upside down Weff! So what about the roots make you feel the SIP may have failed some?
Thanks @StoneOtter 🙏

I should have snapped a pic of the underside too but the roots have completely enclosed the drain hole (Bottom pic above, the drain hole can just about be made out) and through the holes in the plastic they had grown through maybe 5mm or so?

That might be fine, and the airgap worked as intended as they didn't fully extend down into the water, but I imagine with it full the roots were touching the water.

Obviously the plant did absolutely fine so it's very possible it worked as it should and I'm just misunderstanding how the roots should look afterwards

Edit: I'm not sure why I said 5mm it was more like 3-4cm, lots of roots through the little holes in the top of the plastic. I guess if they aren't constantly sat in the water (it dries out daily) then there's no chance for root rot or anyhting to develop so no bigdeal? :D

Having got over my confusion scrolling up and seeing upside down plants before realising they were hanging to dry 😂

I then read this

Here's some bonus pics and a rootopsy that maybe signals my air gap wasn't working? :rofl:

Which thoroughly confused me! You want all the roots in the res? That looks awesome! Or is it a joke I missed!

I’m new to this style

Nick

Back
Top Bottom