3rd Grow: NYC Diesel & LA Confidential, Using Geoflora Nutrients

Yeah I have super thrive. Not feeling the soil thing right now, In leaning towards the promix. Just not sure if it would be best to transplant them or just start over since they're only a month old.
Give them some superthrive and hold on don't give up let's see if we can get some help.
Stay safe.
Bill

Hey @Costanza

I have no experience with the soil or HP unfortunately.

A few quick questions, are you ph'ing your water? If so to what?

I think you could go HP, if you do we can tag some help for you on it.

But first- let's see if we can get this salvaged for you.

@Jon Is pretty talented when it comes to autos and soil - and organic like your attempting.

Don't ditch it- we'll get some eyes and options for you.
I ph my water to 6.5 but it keeps fluctuating. I'm thinking about switching to the promix and switching to advanced nutrients ph perfect grow micro and bloom

I ph my water to 6.5 but it keeps fluctuating. I'm thinking about switching to the promix and switching to advanced nutrients ph perfect grow micro and bloom
AN is easy from what I've read- but is also pretty pricey.
I'd consider picking up a bottle of Orca, it works on every medium, and personally I buy it whenever I can afford it. That product is not a gimmick.

I think 6.3 is supposed to be the target for soil. Give Jon or @StoneOtter A chance to look things over before pulling the trigger on the switch, unless your heart is in hydro :love:

I'd consider picking up a bottle of Orca, it works on every medium, and personally I buy it whenever I can afford it. That product is not a gimmick.

I think 6.3 is supposed to be the target for soil. Give Jon or @StoneOtter A chance to look things over before pulling the trigger on the switch, unless your heart is in hydro :love:
Just seeing this now or I'd have chimed in earlier, sorry. Not sure if I can help but I'm more than willing to try if @Costanza would like the assistance. No sweat.

I'm understanding that if you use 6.3 it will raise itself over time and give opportunity for the plant to dine through the zone. I have used soil that called for 6.5. I followed it's direction with good results. I think both numbers are close, just 6.3 may be a better start for the ramp up that is apparently going to happen.

I'm understanding that if you use 6.3 it will raise itself over time and give opportunity for the plant to dine through the zone. I have used soil that called for 6.5. I followed it's direction with good results. I think both numbers are close, just 6.3 may be a better start for the ramp up that is apparently going to happen.
My understanding is similar. Including that when you say "dine through the zone" I think of that as allowing the plant to absorb and process the heavier elements/nutes that you lose over 6.3. Whether it ramps up naturally over time I am not sure, probably so, but I Ph every single drop of water my soil plants ever get to 6.3. Regardless of soil, Fox Farms or Sohum, and regardless of the nutes I'm using. Every drop. Just me. But my last 14 plants since I changed to 6.3 from my original 6.5 target have yet to show the slightest blemish, which if nothing else speaks rather loudly to them just loving the level they're at.

My understanding is similar. Including that when you say "dine through the zone" I think of that as allowing the plant to absorb and process the heavier elements/nutes that you lose over 6.3. Whether it ramps up naturally over time I am not sure, probably so, but I Ph every single drop of water my soil plants ever get to 6.3. Regardless of soil, Fox Farms or Sohum, and regardless of the nutes I'm using. Every drop. Just me. But my last 14 plants since I changed to 6.3 from my original 6.5 target have yet to show the slightest blemish, which if nothing else speaks rather loudly to them just loving the level they're at.
BTW, two other factors in my current grows, all my plants, are these:

- every nute has been given on the exact recommended dosages from the maker, no exception, no dilution, and on the exact timeline prescribed in their feed schedules, no exceptions, including any prescribed flushes.
- I stopped using CalMag as a preventative. Now I don't use it at all unless the plants tell me they need it.

I believe those two factors have a lot to do with my recent pretty decent grows.

Two extra cents...LOL.

I think 6.3 is supposed to be the target for soil. Give Jon or @StoneOtter A chance to look things over before pulling the trigger on the switch, unless your heart is in hyd
I have a problem in life I tend to impulsively buy shit so I already have the promix hp and the AN grow micro and bloom nutrients. I think I'm gonna compromise with myself here. I'm gonna keep 2 out of the 3 plants in the nectar soil and transplant the 3rd into the promix to do a side by side comparison

BTW, two other factors in my current grows, all my plants, are these:

- every nute has been given on the exact recommended dosages from the maker, no exception, no dilution, and on the exact timeline prescribed in their feed schedules, no exceptions, including any prescribed flushes.
- I stopped using CalMag as a preventative. Now I don't use it at all unless the plants tell me they need it.

I believe those two factors have a lot to do with my recent pretty decent grows.

Two extra cents...LOL.
I was giving calmag too so maybe that has something to do with my PH fluctuating and ending up a little high

I was giving calmag too so maybe that has something to do with my PH fluctuating and ending up a little high
Maybe, depends on the base ph of your water. Assume you have a ph pen, yes? Here's one way to amass what may be very useful information. Try one tsp. of Cal Mag in one gallon of your tap water and see what the ph is. Assuming your tap water ph stays relatively steady, now you know how far the Cal Mag alone skews you from wherever your target ph is. If it's significantly off, then every time you feed it you're feeding way off ph to your roots, and whether it's caused by CalMag or something else, your plants will begin to show that ph problem at some point. With autos this can especially be an issue cuz of the very short window you have to effectively recover the plant from anything that happens to it. Photos you have more time to fix/recover the girls if necessary.

BTW - I got a Gorilla Zkittlez Auto in a 7 going in the outdoor grow journal. Could you please tag me for your Zkittlez Auto journal? Thanks!!!

Maybe, depends on the base ph of your water. Assume you have a ph pen, yes? Here's one way to amass what may be very useful information. Try one tsp. of Cal Mag in one gallon of your tap water and see what the ph is. Assuming your tap water ph stays relatively steady, now you know how far the Cal Mag alone skews you from wherever your target ph is. If it's significantly off, then every time you feed it you're feeding way off ph to your roots, and whether it's caused by CalMag or something else, your plants will begin to show that ph problem at some point. With autos this can especially be an issue cuz of the very short window you have to effectively recover the plant from anything that happens to it. Photos you have more time to fix/recover the girls if necessary.

BTW - I got a Gorilla Zkittlez Auto in a 7 going in the outdoor grow journal. Could you please tag me for your Zkittlez Auto journal? Thanks!!!
My journal wasnt very good. I did great until flowering and then had the same exact issues that I'm having early in veg now. Yellow leaves with purple stems.

My journal wasnt very good. I did great until flowering and then had the same exact issues that I'm having early in veg now. Yellow leaves with purple stems.
Purple stems doesn't matter.
I've grown monsters with purple stems.
Don't remember if I sad this.
Soil ph 6.3 feed let dry, water 6.3 ph let dry,feed at 6.3 ph let dry.......repeat.
How long do you let dry in-between?
Stay safe.
Bill

Purple stems doesn't matter.
I've grown monsters with purple stems.
Don't remember if I sad this.
Soil ph 6.3 feed let dry, water 6.3 ph let dry,feed at 6.3 ph let dry.......repeat.
How long do you let dry in-between?
Stay safe.
Bill
It depends I usually re water when the pots get light. On this grow it's been every 5 days.

It depends I usually re water when the pots get light. On this grow it's been every 5 days.
Ok so that's not the issue.
Do you have a feed schedule for those nutrients?
Stay safe.
Bill

Ok so that's not the issue.
Do you have a feed schedule for those nutrients?
Stay safe.
Bill
For the geoflora I have been giving 1/3 cup every 2 weeks. I don't think that's where I am going wrong, I think its the supplements that I've been giving especially the added cal mag. I was giving 2ml calmag, 5ml molasses, .6 ml mammoth p, 5ml superthrive, and 2ml silica. I was feeding this solution every watering. I think I went a little overboard with the supplemental nutrients. I backed off and I'm just giving plain ph water right now. I transplanted 1 of them into the promix last night and I'm gonna use the advanced for that one and keep using the geoflora and just plain ph water for the other 2 until they bounce back

For the geoflora I have been giving 1/3 cup every 2 weeks. I don't think that's where I am going wrong, I think its the supplements that I've been giving especially the added cal mag. I was giving 2ml calmag, 5ml molasses, .6 ml mammoth p, 5ml superthrive, and 2ml silica. I was feeding this solution every watering. I think I went a little overboard with the supplemental nutrients. I backed off and I'm just giving plain ph water right now. I transplanted 1 of them into the promix last night and I'm gonna use the advanced for that one and keep using the geoflora and just plain ph water for the other 2 until they bounce back
Hey @Costanza,

To the end of trying to be helpful, please let me be direct. I swear that's the only reason. It's just more efficient.

That's all I needed to hear. There's your issue. That's a bit aggressive with the additives, my man. Like, that's WAY aggressive. The GeoFlora will do the work. It's one of the best selling organic nutes in the world for a reason. Let it work it's magic would be my suggestion. You're on the right track with letting them go on just the Geo and Ph'ed water. I bet they improve. Additives on top of Geo needs to be sparingly and not constant. Just little boosts, and generally only in bud. They work perfectly in flower if done at the right time. And I have yet to find a plant that doesn't simply love the Geo Veg nutes just by themselves.

What size are your pots? Your 1/3 of a cup feeding volume would be the right amount if you're in threes.

BTW - you are really overdoing the silica and the calmag. It's way not necessary to load them up with silica when the plants ain't gonna even be three feet tall (autos) or even if it's taller (photos). I apply that once a week, and ONLY in veg. It's counterproductive once you hit budding. You've already gotten all the stem strengthening and nutrient transporting capability the product has to offer by the time you end veg. We already talked about the calmag. I can't speak to the other two products you were giving.

I hope some of that is helpful.

Hey @Costanza,

To the end of trying to be helpful, please let me be direct. I swear that's the only reason. It's just more efficient.

That's all I needed to hear. There's your issue. That's a bit aggressive with the additives, my man. Like, that's WAY aggressive. The GeoFlora will do the work. It's one of the best selling organic nutes in the world for a reason. Let it work it's magic would be my suggestion. You're on the right track with letting them go on just the Geo and Ph'ed water. I bet they improve. Additives on top of Geo needs to be sparingly and not constant. Just little boosts, and generally only in bud. They work perfectly in flower if done at the right time. And I have yet to find a plant that doesn't simply love the Geo Veg nutes just by themselves.

What size are your pots? Your 1/3 of a cup feeding volume would be the right amount if you're in threes.

BTW - you are really overdoing the silica and the calmag. It's way not necessary to load them up with silica when the plants ain't gonna even be three feet tall (autos) or even if it's taller (photos). I apply that once a week, and ONLY in veg. It's counterproductive once you hit budding. You've already gotten all the stem strengthening and nutrient transporting capability the product has to offer by the time you end veg. We already talked about the calmag. I can't speak to the other two products you were giving.

I hope some of that is helpful.
Thank you that was very helpful. I have a habit of going overboard with the supplements

Thank you that was very helpful. I have a habit of going overboard with the supplements
Ha! Well my friend, you're not alone. The only reason I even had half an answer for you there is because I too was an overboard with the supplements guy. At first I figured more - more - more is better - bigger - more. Nope. Turns out too much of something or too little can become an issue real quick. And with the Cal Mag I was also giving it every feeding for a while and couldn't figure out why I was having problems. So over a couple grows here now I've settled on a decent flower supplement shot for the beginning and late flower that works well with organic grows. It's in the journal if you feel like checking it out. I give it or a version of it to my Sohum autos and my Fox Farms photos getting Geo nutes.

BTW - here's one of my *potential* secret weapons I'm working on now - in a NON organic grow, like Fox Farms soil with whatever non organic nute, if you top dress the soil in the beginning of budding with Sohum or (haven't tried this yet but I will) a small dose of Geo Bloom nutes, you introduce microbes at the same time as you keep them on their normal non-organic feed schedule. I tried it on a plant and it seemed to work wonders. I'm thinking it may be a way to augment your bloom feeding without introducing more chemical nutes. Not sure but it seemed to work on the first try real well.

We grow. We learn. We grow better. We learn more. Repeat....

:snowboating:

Diesel has been topped. Was planning on using the uncle ben topping method but in the end decided to go with the more common top above the 5th node. Just waiting on the mammoth p to arrive tomorrow and then I will have everything I need for this grow. Here is a pic of the topped diesel, a pic of all 3 together and a pic of my arsenal for this grow.
20211016_105751.jpg
20211016_105756.jpg
20211017_105218.jpg
16344825459456538719627088373913.jpg
This ^^^ prolly some of your problem. You are way overthinking growing plants.

IF you want to grow organic all that stuff in the pic above is not necessary.
GeoFlora is organic and all you need follow the directions on the label and check your water pH and be sure its in between 6pH-7pH.

Several of those amendments are not considered organic either.

Ya gotta take the leap of faith - grow organically without bottles or not. There's no sorta organic or mostly organic.

Adding that stuff in willy nilly is going to get you into trouble.

Organic soil - we feed the microbes the microbes feed the plant. We aren't feeding plants.

Plants roots send out root exudate to attract microbes - the plant regulates the pH in the rhizosphere (at the root surface) with root exudate and that in turn helps microbes break down soil organic matter into nutrients the plant can uptake.

Cannabis uses about 40% of its photosynthesis output from the leaves to create the root exudate. So if root exudate wasn't important the plant wouldn't use almost 1/2 of its energy making it.

To me it looks like you need to water more. Plants in flower I water every day. IF you not watering daily the soil dries out too much and that affects the microbial life.

Go WAY easy with the Recharge as well and your pots aren't large enough. You going to see deficiencies in 3gal. Follow directions for the geoflora and you can forget the rest of your bottles. PH your input water to what geoflora suggests and wait and see. It takes a week or 2 for them to come around.

This ^^^ prolly some of your problem. You are way overthinking growing plants.

IF you want to grow organic all that stuff in the pic above is not necessary.
GeoFlora is organic and all you need follow the directions on the label and check your water pH and be sure its in between 6pH-7pH.

Several of those amendments are not considered organic either.

Ya gotta take the leap of faith - grow organically without bottles or not. There's no sorta organic or mostly organic.

Adding that stuff in willy nilly is going to get you into trouble.

Organic soil - we feed the microbes the microbes feed the plant. We aren't feeding plants.

Plants roots send out root exudate to attract microbes - the plant regulates the pH in the rhizosphere (at the root surface) with root exudate and that in turn helps microbes break down soil organic matter into nutrients the plant can uptake.

Cannabis uses about 40% of its photosynthesis output from the leaves to create the root exudate. So if root exudate wasn't important the plant wouldn't use almost 1/2 of its energy making it.

To me it looks like you need to water more. Plants in flower I water every day. IF you not watering daily the soil dries out too much and that affects the microbial life.

Go WAY easy with the Recharge as well and your pots aren't large enough. You going to see deficiencies in 3gal. Follow directions for the geoflora and you can forget the rest of your bottles. PH your input water to what geoflora suggests and wait and see. It takes a week or 2 for them to come around.
3 gal is the biggest I can go so that's gonna have to be good enough. They seem to be doing much better now.
16363797136764642533897410660322.jpg

Back
Top Bottom