420 Cheese Pleezzz! Little Wine, Little Cheese, Waz That Cheesie? Afghani & Shiva Skunk, 2!

I feed first time Mega Crop. They are officially trying new Nutrients.

Ants seem to be much better at least in this room. I redirected the fans and yes well my gnats came back. First time this harvest. It makes me crazy, I can't seem to get a break. My room is dry should be more humid. I don't even water/feed in one sitting like I see others do because I don't want excess moisture at the soil for the gnats. Now I have ants and gnats. wtf am I doing. I get our weather outside if playing a factor but honestly wtf... I feel like I'd be safer growing outside grrr :lot-o-toke:

Mega Crop feeding was yesterday and the response isn't positive here like in my other room. The plant are very "matt" in finish on the leaves. Dull. Darker green as well, but then lighter in others. Whatever I did here they didn't like as much. So I see I have to dial this one in a bit. There are plants in week 2 to 4 in this room.
Also only 1 ant, probably because they all moved to the other room.

Needless to say the nuits did not go as planned here. The plants in flower are showing signs of the claw and this matt dull green is still there. I will water next time see if I can flush it a bit, or do I just add more? I think I was too high in choosing my measuring amount so I dial it back I think. I'm going to head over to Mega Crop and see what they suggest.

Ran across one of your photos in the upload section and now I wanna do me sum lernin!
What's a "slurry test" and why does one do it?

full

Ran across one of your photos in the upload section and now I wanna do me sum lernin!
What's a "slurry test" and why does one do it?

full

Hi Tead!
I am just learning about it to.
Basically it's PH the soil without using a probe.
I'll post a link that was shared with me.
1:1 ration distilled water to soil. Mix let stand 30 minutes, stir and wait an hour, strain and test to fluid. @InTheShed taught me. A fountain of knowledge right there, and @MrSauga they are very kind & helpful. I didn't have a digital meter so I used liquid PH tester for now and it worked.
I had a light burn on a plant so I was concerned because I didn't PH the Nuits. later found out I didn't have to there is a buffer in the soil to compensate for it.
So now I'm kinda lost. It wasn't the soil, I didn't ph the Mega Crop nuits and that isn't it so wonder what happened. Either way it stopped.

Basically it's PH the soil without using a probe.

Gotcha. Suspected that was the game afoot.
Been there, done that, don't bother with it no mo. I don't PH adjust my MegaCrop anymore. I used to... then tried it without and saw no significant difference. I'm in hydro, so I used to bump it down to 5.5 (the proper range for hydro), but no longer. Been working out great.

Did you flush your soil, let it set, then flush it more before you put your babies in their pots? Often times new soil can be a bit "hot" from sitting over time and this can often cause minor burning on new babies.
No I didn't. I never have.

Gotcha. Suspected that was the game afoot.
Been there, done that, don't bother with it no mo. I don't PH adjust my MegaCrop anymore. I used to... then tried it without and saw no significant difference. I'm in hydro, so I used to bump it down to 5.5 (the proper range for hydro), but no longer. Been working out great.
I learn't that too, I had no idea. I was phing everything that touched my plants soil but now I know. All these changes from learning. Love it... as long as it works :laugh:
Between not having to PH anymore and Mega Crop nutrients with how simply it is, I will feel better when I go away at least on a holiday that it will be easier on the babysitter. :green_heart:

Yup... flush your medium well before putting your babies in it.
I thought it was a well known and shared little bit of knowledge. I'm surprised you never read about it before.
Interesting... I think I must be the only one that doesn't saturate at transplanting. I get gnats when I do that soooo... I haven't been doing it that way. I feeling another journal for this next round. I'll try it again... maybe haha It looks dark over there haha

I don't think you want a dripping saturated soil mix for the newbies. Flush it, then let it dry out for a few days till it hits a moisture level you'd lite to put a clone or seedling into.
Gotcha! :green_heart:

I never go Into the garden during lights. I'm going to buy a digital thermostat.it was chilly, turned the heat up a bit. We are having bipolar weather right now which my rooms are sensitive too even though they are inside. The building just is exposed to the elements so cold /hot plays factors, it's not a brick building.

After that I saw the clones and my stomach dropped. Never see them sleeping so when I'm used to perky plants.

In the morning they will be fine I'm sure.:hug:

Back
Top Bottom