420 Magazine's Official Comparative Grow with Seedsman's Purple Ghost Candy

And now she lost her head...
My training will be a mix of high stress and low stress, I like a bit of stem smooshing and strategic cutting, as well as using the yo-yo hooks.

20240409152806_IMG_1809.JPG

20240409153131_IMG_1812.JPG

Day 33 for me and they're looking sad :( I can tell they're getting root bound and need to go into bigger homes, my next update on my journal, they will be in new homes :thumb:
001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
That's the problem with those plastic pots.
I've used them before.
They come with a best before date on them. ;) :rofl:
Still looking healthy though.
Have a great weekend Amigo. :passitleft:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

That's the problem with those plastic pots.
I've used them before.
They come with a best before date on them. ;) :rofl:
Still looking healthy though.
Have a great weekend Amigo. :passitleft:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Ya, I've used those pots for years, never had a problem till they were outgrown, like what's happening now, they're root bound and getting put into fabric pots tonight :thumb:
and you have a good weekend too buddy :passitleft:

Looks like a bit of light burn on the leaves, so I raised the light up a tad. Should see a difference in the next few days.
I'm a fan of supercropping, so I'm squeezing stems until she's big enough to tie down.
I inoculated the soil with a trichoderma mix, check out the mycelium growth (mycorrhiza fungi)

20240413162916_IMG_1875.JPG

20240413162944_IMG_1878.JPG

20240413162956_IMG_1879.JPG

20240413163052_IMG_1881.JPG

20240413164345_IMG_1886.JPG

20240413164309_IMG_1884.JPG

Mika Bee and da Imp aka Purple Ghost Candy
Seeds from Sponsors Seedsman Seeds

IMG_4489.jpeg

Amethyst Bee aka Purple Ghost Candy
Seed from Sponsors Seedsman Seeds

IMG_4544.png

A bit of a side by side, first plant is actually a day younger. One has mycos the other doesn’t. Maybe that shit does work…?!

Lolling!

IMG_4516.jpeg

My PGC is growing like Sativa stretchy, so I'll clone/SoG
Topped at node 3, got 6 branches for clones so far; I'll tip those again to try for 12 clones
purple-ghost-candy, topped node 3 for clones.JPG

The leaves have a slight yellow banding, which I've seen on some other grows, so although I shouldn't need to with my nutes, I'm going to start adding CaMg and up the N/K dosage and light level a bit

The big feed didn't hurt, but didn't help much either
I had to think again... and then remembered the breeder saying they like it warm, and I was still on 16/8 with fan on 100% 24/7
So to minimise temperature fluctuation I lowered the lamp and set it down to 100w @ 12"
Set the timer to 20/4, and the fan reduced to 25% too
That should keep the temperature in there a little warmer and a little less fluctuation day/night
I'll know tomorrow
:hookah:

The big feed didn't hurt, but didn't help much either
I had to think again... and then remembered the breeder saying they like it warm, and I was still on 16/8 with fan on 100% 24/7
So to minimise temperature fluctuation I lowered the lamp and set it down to 100w @ 12"
Set the timer to 20/4, and the fan reduced to 25% too
That should keep the temperature in there a little warmer and a little less fluctuation day/night
I'll know tomorrow
:hookah:

From my perspective, It’s just a hungry strain and its roots aren’t aggressive enough for its hunger. You can see the topped one here just now is getting big enough for its hunger:

IMG_8312.jpeg

The untopped plant caught up last week

IMG_8313.jpeg

It took about 30 days for the untopped roots to spread enough to handle its hunger. The topped plant is caught up now but that took 35-40 days. You could probably feed it even more early on, but as you found out, I don’t think it would make enough of a difference to justify it. Plus, a hungry plant means more roots so not a huge problem.

Purple Ghost Candy
Day 17 veg.

1st screen is up and the Twisted Sisters ties have been moved to the 1st screen, to get as much separation between the two before they hit the screen. :)

PGC day 17 veg (1).JPG

Purple Ghost Candy by Seedsman. Day 17 veg. :)

PGC day 17 veg (3)2.JPG

Purple Ghost Candy, Day 17 veg. Twisted Sisters in the front. 🤠:bong:

Purple Ghost Candy
Day 17 veg.

1st screen is up and the Twisted Sisters ties have been moved to the 1st screen, to get as much separation between the two before they hit the screen. :)

PGC day 17 veg (1).JPG

Purple Ghost Candy by Seedsman. Day 17 veg. :)

PGC day 17 veg (3)2.JPG

Purple Ghost Candy, Day 17 veg. Twisted Sisters in the front. 🤠:bong:
Love the twisted sisters!! They’re not gonna take it. NO their not gonna take it haha that’s really good and I love the purple twist ties to carry the theme!

Back
Top Bottom