BLOOM: 3 weeks 6 days (Aug 1)

Another outdoor update on my gorgeous #8!
I know I'm biased but it feels so good to see a happy and healthy plant in my garden. It really does bring me comfort seeing my efforts being rewarded. :laugh:

Wait...no it's not...must give credit where credit is due! It is all about the work that @GeoFlora Nutrients and @Sierra Natural Science are putting in. It has been such a nice and relaxed grow season so far. I am still learning and this is only my 3rd growing season. The only additional products I have used so far is BT for caterpillars and I started using SNSDC.

Oh...and here's another peak at #2 and another close bonsai I decided to play around with. Trying to figure out how much stress I can get away with at different stages.

Clone

Ignore the beauty on the left. It is genetics from @Weed Seeds Express though! #8 is straight ahead.
Baked, all plants look great, but your photography captured my attention tonight, thanks for sharing. Cheers

Woooo!!! These girls are starting to get ready for the party.

They are most definitely building. Interesting to see the difference in the growth patterns of the buds between the outdoor plant and the indoor plants. Much slower transition outside but then huge growth after the initial stretch which wasn't too much. I was getting worried but I was able to keep them in check.

WoooooWeeeeee!!! Oh what could this be?! Is this something for my young ladies and me?!...

Guess what else the ladies are going to get for their flowering party?!? A BESTVA Pro4000!!!
:ganjamon:

Setup shots will be coming later today when I get home from work. I couldn't wait to share the awesome news so you only get the LED board picture. The sleek shots come later.

Another HUGE thanks to @BESTVA LED for being the primary light sponsor for this grow journal. You sponsored me with the Pro1000 when I started this journal. I ended up buying another one because I liked it so much. I'm excited to get this light hung and running later today. After that it will only be Bestva sponsored lights inside my tent. Blessings to your company and crew for being here on this forum as a supportive company of the @420 Magazine team and its members.

Everyone looks ready for action, Baked!

Cool new light. :Rasta:

Wooooow!!! This thing is BRIGHT!

We are 1 week & 5 days since flip.

So it was a very long day at work and I didn't get a chance to install the light earlier. My lights out is at 7pm. I turned them on so I can get it all installed and setup the way I want it. Ended up wrapping up right at 8pm.

I setup the other @BESTVA LED Pro1000s as side lights. I did notice enough PPFD falloff on the edges that I would prefer to give them extra light.

Again, a very grateful heart to @BESTVA LED for being such a generous sponsor. This sleek light is going to be running at 100% for the rest of the way.

Wooooow!!! This thing is BRIGHT!

We are 1 week & 5 days since flip.

So it was a very long day at work and I didn't get a chance to install the light earlier. My lights out is at 7pm. I turned them on so I can get it all installed and setup the way I want it. Ended up wrapping up right at 8pm.

I setup the other @BESTVA LED Pro1000s as side lights. I did notice enough PPFD falloff on the edges that I would prefer to give them extra light.

Again, a very grateful heart to @BESTVA LED for being such a generous sponsor. This sleek light is going to be running at 100% for the rest of the way.

nice weed !

Bloom - 4 Weeks 6 Days

Here are some pics from the gardens this morning. The outdoor garden was due for another application of BT and they also got some @Sierra Natural Science SNS209 & SNSDC. I also wanted to share my cheap battery powered sprayer. It works great for indoors and outdoors. I'm case someone hasn't tried these, I'd recommend it over having to manually pump and spray.

Do you see what I see?! These are the some of the worst damn things to haunt my gardens. I hate them! I have been spraying BT every 5 to 7 days. I am seeing small leaf damage from baby caterpillars and then they start dying off. I have not seen any caterpillars larger than this guy in about 2 months. My biggest concern is that as I get later in flower, there are going to be some of these bastards that will sneak into flowers and ruin them.

I will adding some support panels for these plants. While I'm at it. I will be installing some insect netting to keep the dumb ass cabbage moths off these plants and laying eggs. I don't want to be spraying too much stuff on these flowers. Anyone have any advice or tips with dealing with these late in flower.

* BLOOM UPDATE & TOP DRESS DAY! *
Indoor - 2 Weeks
Outdoor ~ 5 weeks

The ladies in the tent got their first application of @GeoFlora Nutrients 'BLOOM' and a deep watering! They got a dose of Veg to get them through the initial stretch. It's time to bulk up those buds though! They each got 8oz to start them off. 2oz per 1/4 cup. It's easier to just count in twos and leave measured out piles around the pot.

They all got 8mL/gal of @Sierra Natural Science SNS209 & @Terpinator in their drench water. That has been the norm from the beginning. Today though was their first flowering dosage of terpinator. They got bumped to 30ml per gallon!

#1(7 gal fabric pot) got 5L - LOTS of runoff and every drop sucked up when I got back a few hours later. She has been the most thirsty of the bunch the past couple weeks. That was my reason for giving her extra.
#3 (7 gal self-watering pot) got 4L - enough runoff to fill the self watering basin and overflow a tiny amount. Most of it was sucked up too.
#7 (7 gal plastic nursery pot) got 4L - same runoff and also absorbed
#9 (7 gal fabric pot) got 4L - same with this one!

Does that mean since #1 was able to take another liter, I should give the rest some more? Looking at the moisture meter data it would seem like I could add more. They all have the same soil but different containers.

The ladies outside got their 3rd dose of 'BLOOM' today! I would say that GF is more than capable of supplying plenty of nutrients for a plant all the way through.

Another sneak peek at #2! My bonsai! Sorry but I had to cover up her backside. She's a little embarrassed about being scruffy and untrimmed back there!

Screenshot_20210905-210146_One UI Home.jpg

They're all looking brilliant Baked. Nicely done.
Thanks Vet! The excitement of what comes next is absurd. Haa haaa.

Quick pic update of how they are progressing this morning after a night of rest. The tops were neon green this morning! Another note I failed to mention was that I had some of the branches on these plants held down with a wire. It most definitely slowed down the stretching process where others are significantly taller. It was a worthwhile experiment in my eyes. It will lead to an uneven canopy this go round but I gained more understanding of how I can manipulate their growth patterns. So every wire got pulled yesterday morning. They seemed relieved! Haaa

I did move the plants so that any areas that needed extra light were being rotated into the center for the next few days. Really the only plant that the training could have been MUCH better is #9 in the back left. Well technically speaking they all could have received better training. Haaa haaaa.

Over the past couple days since ditching 3 other lights and installing this @BESTVA LED Pro4000, my average temps have dropped by 7°. During the warmest part of the day, that difference gets negated from the increase in the ambient temp. I will be making changes to the hanging hardware. I don't like that it swings around so easily.

Thanks Vet! The excitement of what comes next is absurd. Haa haaa.

Quick pic update of how they are progressing this morning after a night of rest. The tops were neon green this morning! Another note I failed to mention was that I had some of the branches on these plants held down with a wire. It most definitely slowed down the stretching process where others are significantly taller. It was a worthwhile experiment in my eyes. It will lead to an uneven canopy this go round but I gained more understanding of how I can manipulate their growth patterns. So every wire got pulled yesterday morning. They seemed relieved! Haaa

I did move the plants so that any areas that needed extra light were being rotated into the center for the next few days. Really the only plant that the training could have been MUCH better is #9 in the back left. Well technically speaking they all could have received better training. Haaa haaaa.

Over the past couple days since ditching 3 other lights and installing this @BESTVA LED Pro4000, my average temps have dropped by 7°. During the warmest part of the day, that difference gets negated from the increase in the ambient temp. I will be making changes to the hanging hardware. I don't like that it swings around so easily.
You have the light hanging wrong. You need ratchet hangar on each side. Put cable wires together on each side not 1nin the center

You have the light hanging wrong. You need ratchet hangar on each side. Put cable wires together on each side not 1nin the center
Yeah, I'm hanging it with the way they send the hardware from the manufacturer. I wanted to show how it can be problematic and restrictive with what they are providing. They need to change this part of the contents. But yes, my plan is to attach rings to the light and then direct connect a ratchet hanger on each side. I agree with you 100%. I'm doing that today. Another thing is because of the hardware they send, I'm currently maxed out in height. NOT good in my book either. I'm losing out on a couple feet of space this way too. This is another thing I wanted to show visually. I think it will make it easier to communicate the issues for the sponsor considering the language barrier. We have tried issuing these suggestions a few months back. I'm not sure if anything has been done to correct it but it certainly was not the case in my box. Besides that...I am freaking STOKED with this light. Only other design suggestion would be having the option to install the drivers outside the tent. I can understand why now people with larger lights prefer that.

new light looks solid. Really healthy plants too ey cant wait to see how these turn out
Thanks LM! Appreciate you swinging in and checking out my journal. It was a bit touchy a few weeks back. They bounced back like champs though!

Well...craaaaaap! Now what?! The tent AM check turned up this. The only thing I can think of is that I left too much water in the tray after the last watering and its the result of losing oxygen and root tips dying. This has only happened to the two plants in the fabric pots interestingly enough. I do not have them on risers as I prefer them to drink up the runoff.

Anyway...it sucks to see it but if anyone else has ideas, please share. Thanks.

What are you currently feeding them and when was the last time you fed them?
They are on @GeoFlora Nutrients and they got their last topdress on Sunday the 5th. The got a full drench that day with lots of runoff. That runoff wad soaked up by the time I checked on them again which was many hours later. Not sure if that would kill the roots in that amount of time.

Back
Top Bottom