420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Emilya

Veg, Day 60
Day 8 in the Wet/Dry cycle
Day 8 of the 2 week feed cycle
Day 3 of the SNS foliar application

The wide shot:
DSCF9549.JPG

Mostly there was nothing to do today but admire the beautiful plants they all have become. They are all looking up at the light and apparently loving what they are seeing... these are some very happy plants. Those that looked a little forcibly stuffed into the tomato cages before the massive trimming, have now widened out at the top and spread out so that every bud could get to the light... it really is a beautiful thing to see. I will try to capture what I am seeing with the camera, but trust me, it is an amazing sight.

DSCF9550.JPG

I think we are done with trimming now, less than a week to the flip, and now I want them to stretch out a bit and cozy into these cages. Later on when they are really stretching into bloom, I will have one more section of tomato cage to add on so as to support all the major buds that go that high. Now it is up to the plants how many they will send up... typically 3 will become dominant, but happy plants have been known to excel. Time will tell.

Dad reminded me that the SNS 203 that I sprayed last time was what I used for an aphid drench a couple of rounds back. It's only a bit stronger than the 209 as a foliar, so he ordered some PC for next time... we will keep after those bugs until they are gone, and so far, that is not the case.

I suspect from the weight of the containers that we still have 2 or more days before time to water to runoff again, so tomorrow being watering day #9, I will do another edge of the container watering. I am also anticipating a growth spurt, and of course that will vacuum up a lot of water.

Observant readers will also note that there are now exactly 11 GSC plants in the room. The interloper, a rescue plant who shall not be named has identified as male. He will be executed at dawn and no longer will we speak of or occasionally spot a mystery plant in the garden.

DSCF9551.JPG

Veg, Day 60
Day 8 in the Wet/Dry cycle
Day 8 of the 2 week feed cycle
Day 3 of the SNS foliar application

The wide shot:
DSCF9549.JPG

Mostly there was nothing to do today but admire the beautiful plants they all have become. They are all looking up at the light and apparently loving what they are seeing... these are some very happy plants. Those that looked a little forcibly stuffed into the tomato cages before the massive trimming, have now widened out at the top and spread out so that every bud could get to the light... it really is a beautiful thing to see. I will try to capture what I am seeing with the camera, but trust me, it is an amazing sight.

DSCF9550.JPG

I think we are done with trimming now, less than a week to the flip, and now I want them to stretch out a bit and cozy into these cages. Later on when they are really stretching into bloom, I will have one more section of tomato cage to add on so as to support all the major buds that go that high. Now it is up to the plants how many they will send up... typically 3 will become dominant, but happy plants have been known to excel. Time will tell.

Dad reminded me that the SNS 203 that I sprayed last time was what I used for an aphid drench a couple of rounds back. It's only a bit stronger than the 209 as a foliar, so he ordered some PC for next time... we will keep after those bugs until they are gone, and so far, that is not the case.

I suspect from the weight of the containers that we still have 2 or more days before time to water to runoff again, so tomorrow being watering day #9, I will do another edge of the container watering. I am also anticipating a growth spurt, and of course that will vacuum up a lot of water.

Observant readers will also note that there are now exactly 11 GSC plants in the room. The interloper, a rescue plant who shall not be named has identified as male. He will be executed at dawn and no longer will we speak of or occasionally spot a mystery plant in the garden.

DSCF9551.JPG
What was your biggest yielding crop youve had ? This is one is going to be up there . Wow !! :ganjamon:

What was your biggest yielding crop youve had ? This is one is going to be up there . Wow !! :ganjamon:
I got a pound off of 2 plants in a 4x4 scrog one time... I was pretty proud of that one! It's never been about quantity for me though, but yeah... this one is going to be pretty big.

Good morning pretty face :)

Looking beautiful and FYI, I’ve copied you. I’m using my cyber crayons when updating too. Looks great, gurrrrrl.

#GirlPower
#GirlsUnitedWillNeverBeDefeated

Sheeiitt, Emilya looks like baby spice, and grows fine erb.. don’t suppose you like football and fishing too, @Emilya ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Oh but I do! I can't remember a time when I didn't have a fishing license once I was old enough and these days I have an auto-renewing state fishing license! NFL Football preseason is just about here and I can't wait for #15 to get back on the field! Go Chiefs!

Good morning pretty face :)

Looking beautiful and FYI, I’ve copied you. I’m using my cyber crayons when updating too. Looks great, gurrrrrl.

#GirlPower
#GirlsUnitedWillNeverBeDefeated
I love it when the cute ones start copying me! Thank you! Now I've got to go and check out your color (or do you say colour?) pallet! :nomo:

Girls are taking over; everyone is talking about it!:woohoo: :party::party::party:

Veg, Day 62
Day 10 in the Wet/Dry cycle
Day 10 of the 2 week feed cycle

Day 4 of the SNS foliar application

Today was a big day for the girls. They successfully used up the water that was left, even after watering around the edges a little bit yesterday. Here is that growth spurt that I was looking for. They went 10 days after transplanting before needing to be watered, but I would bet that 4 days from now, when it is time to give them some more Geoflora VEG, they will be just about ready to be watered again. Today I gave them the usual 8ml/gal of @Sierra Natural Science SNS 209 in their water, along with a light dose of organic calmag, since I have seen a couple of leaves in the room with a suspicious spot on them. It certainly isn't a crisis and you have to be pretty sharp eyed to even spot the couple that are doing it, and I have no doubt in the @GeoFlora Nutrients VEG to get me through this watering to the next. I also sprayed the last of my SNS 203 on the plants, because it really looks like the stuff put a big hit on the bugs with that last spraying. I will load up my sprayer with SNS PC next time, and they won't stand a chance. The goal is to go into bloom, bug free.

I am loving how I can position these 11 plants in 7 gallon containers perfectly inside the 5x5 footprint of this insanely bright @NextLight MEGA and even though it is quite high above them at the moment, the plants seem to be loving the light and are not trying to stretch into it. I also love how efficient this light is making my solar powered grow at this period of the strongest sunlight of the year. With just the MEGA going, I am just about breaking even on my energy while growing 11 plants! It makes me giddy just thinking about it.

Here were the plants as I walked into the room today:

DSCF9554.JPG
DSCF9553.JPG
DSCF9552.JPG

Here they were after watering and spraying and rotating and moving all about.

DSCF9555.JPG

I have learned that the back of this room, with reflective Mylar on 3 sides, gets a lot more light. Plants on that back row always grow bigger and get done faster if I leave them there... so these days, even though it is a chore, when I water, I try to randomly scatter the plants to new places under the light, and rotate them so they have a totally new orientation. I have an idea about how to put up some hanging Mylar dividers on the front of the room side of the light, to make that end also very reflective, but still easy to get to the plants and them able to enjoy good air movement from the wall fan. I have a plan, and plenty of Chewy dog food boxes, tie wraps and Mylar to work with. Let's see what I come up with.

DSCF9556.JPG

Oh but I do! I can't remember a time when I didn't have a fishing license once I was old enough and these days I have an auto-renewing state fishing license! NFL Football preseason is just about here and I can't wait for #15 to get back on the field! Go Chiefs!
Love everything but the Cheifs. E A G L E S .... suck lol

Ladies looking stellar... I cant believe you got 5 plants in 7gal pots inna 5x5.

I'm stuffed in a 5x5 with 5 plants in 4gal containers. Only good thing they wont hit the lights.

I cant believe you got 5 plants in 7gal pots inna 5x5.
I have 11 plants in there. If you look on the floor, there is a blue box taped onto the floor. That is the outline of the Nextlight MEGA, 3'x3'. Extended out 2 feet in every direction from that box, is the actual footprint of the light and within that boundary, live my plants. Also, I am not in a tent that actually holds you strictly to 5x5... I am in a 6' x 14' room.

Omg.. as our marriage is highly unlikely.. :(
And I’m not one for stalking(mmm, itsy bit:))
What say we support each other’s teams, it’s not like we’d be being unfaithful or anything, they’re different sports;)
I’ll support the Chiefs.. if you support Liverpool . . I’d get all gushy if you gave a shout on match day.
However..If you can sing, play an instrument or cook? That would make it 5 out of 7 tick boxes.. for my perfect partner check list❤️ Soooo.. if it’s a tick..apologies in advance to Mr/Mrs/Ms. Emilya as I’ll be on the plane in the morning bringing all that I’ve got❤️(Wife , 2 kids, 2 dogs and a couple vans);)
Come on the Chiefs.. boo, hiss, boo to what @bobrown14 said..Chiefs are great:)

Omg.. as our marriage is highly unlikely.. :(
And I’m not one for stalking(mmm, itsy bit:))
What say we support each other’s teams, it’s not like we’d be being unfaithful or anything, they’re different sports;)
I’ll support the Chiefs.. if you support Liverpool . . I’d get all gushy if you gave a shout on match day.
However..If you can sing, play an instrument or cook? That would make it 5 out of 7 tick boxes.. for my perfect partner check list❤️ Soooo.. if it’s a tick..apologies in advance to Mr/Mrs/Ms. Emilya as I’ll be on the plane in the morning bringing all that I’ve got❤️(Wife , 2 kids, 2 dogs and a couple vans);)
Come on the Chiefs.. boo, hiss, boo to what @bobrown14 said..Chiefs are great:)
When you walk through a storm,
Hold your head up high,
And don’t be afraid of the dark,
At the end of a storm,
There’s a golden sky,
And the sweet silver song of a lark.
Walk on through the wind,
Walk on through the rain,
Though your dreams be tossed and blown,
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart,
And you’ll never walk alone,
You’ll never walk alone.

Go Liverpool!

Sadly, even though you sound like a great provider, marriage is probably not in our picture. As far as talents go, this is where I fall off of the chart. My sister got the musical talent and plays like 5 instruments. I, due to an auto accident when I was 21, have gone deaf and can't even hear a note and I have been told that my singing is atrocious. I am also not a great cook... I have given up that duty to my life partner, Ms. J. who is much better at many things than I am.

When you walk through a storm,
Hold your head up high,
And don’t be afraid of the dark,
At the end of a storm,
There’s a golden sky,
And the sweet silver song of a lark.
Walk on through the wind,
Walk on through the rain,
Though your dreams be tossed and blown,
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart,
And you’ll never walk alone,
You’ll never walk alone.

Go Liverpool!

Sadly, even though you sound like a great provider, marriage is probably not in our picture. As far as talents go, this is where I fall off of the chart. My sister got the musical talent and plays like 5 instruments. I, due to an auto accident when I was 21, have gone deaf and can't even hear a note and I have been told that my singing is atrocious. I am also not a great cook... I have given up that duty to my life partner, Ms. J. who is much better at many things than I am.
Omg.. just sung along with tears in my eyes:)
And aaawwwww,.

Omg.. just sung along with tears in my eyes:)
And aaawwwww,.
Have I told you that I am a transplant? Mum is from Wales and she and Dad met in England, so until I was 5 years old we lived in Surbiton, Surrey. Not that I remember a whole lot of it, but I did have a heavy Welsh accent when I started school here in the States, and wondered why everyone spoke so oddly. After a brief stay in Fresno, we moved to Illinois around the St. Louis area, where I learned to speak Midwestern. When I got my first college scholarship, we moved to western Missouri, where I have been ever since.

Have I told you that I am a transplant? Mum is from Wales and she and Dad met in England, so until I was 5 years old we lived in Surbiton, Surrey. Not that I remember a whole lot of it, but I did have a heavy Welsh accent when I started school here in the States, and wondered why everyone spoke so oddly. After a brief stay in Fresno, we moved to Illinois around the St. Louis area, where I learned to speak Midwestern. When I got my first college scholarship, we moved to western Missouri, where I have been ever since.
Gordenbennet Emilya… I love wales:)
Neve been to Western Missouri, y never know? one day, you might see a piled up wagon coming up the road , Clampets style.;)

Does getting Scholarship’s mean your academically gifted in some way? If so.. what,where,how and when did you study?:)
guess it’s a lifetime of learning once your on the road. I’ll bet your ma sang,, everybody from wales can crack a tune out.;)
Thanks for taking the time Emilya, appreciated.

Surbiton is a short walk up the road from me
Small world eh?!

Gordenbennet Emilya… I love wales:)
Neve been to Western Missouri, y never know? one day, you might see a piled up wagon coming up the road , Clampets style.;)

Does getting Scholarship’s mean your academically gifted in some way? If so.. what,where,how and when did you study?:)
guess it’s a lifetime of learning once your on the road. I’ll bet your ma sang,, everybody from wales can crack a tune out.;)
Thanks for taking the time Emilya, appreciated.
Mum was a dancer, and she worked for Hugh Hefner for a while as a choreographer until later she went into journalism. The musical talent definitely takes after that side of the family, and I being more like my Dad in many ways, was skipped. I got the brains however and have always excelled academically. I received several scholarships during my college years, starting off with a full ride to an electronics engineering school right out of high school. After earning my first BS degree, I changed my major to Business Administration and Marketing at a new school, and over the next 4 years earned my MBA and Marketing degree. During that time, I was able to do 1 year as an international exchange student, and was able to study at the University of Glamorgan in Cardiff to work on my accent. By the time I graduated, I had fallen in love with Economics but found that I was not satisfied with the limits put on females in the banking industry, so after working for a few years at a couple of banks, I reapplied to a graduate degree program and negotiated a private grant to pay for most of the cost, based on my previous grades and my ever increasing handicap. It took me another 3.5 years of hard work until I finally earned a doctorate in Economics. Today, I am the assistant CFO for a major pharmaceutical company's midwestern division, and have been doing this for the last 6 years. My plan is to retire at 45, being fairly well set financially, and simply grow pot, fish and enjoy life and the time remaining with my Dad, for the rest of my years. Some day, if the world settles down a bit, I may travel a little, and maybe look for a nice place to retire with my sweetie somewhere in Europe.

Back
Top Bottom