420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Justin Goody

mmm i loved my weedding cake. doing wedding gelato this time
When I finally get around to doing some breeding/pollination, Wedding Cake will no doubt be one of the parents. And Gelato would be a great thing to cross it with. Sounds tasty!

I’m pretty sure that’s a thing already.. ice cream cake right? I smoked a preroll of that like a week ago. Super potent
Have definitely had that and didn’t even realize at the time...
And yes it was right up my alley as far as taste/potency.

It’s in ProMix (same way I always do), I think it’s just a fluke seed. 3 of 4 new seeds look fine, this one just never got going right.

As far as the @GeoFlora Nutrients discount code, hopefully they can show up and help out with that.

@Atreum Lighting currently has a 10% off deal on the Hydra 1000 though.
I'm betting that little seedling will do wonderful things, Justin!

Please don't give up on her, she's just special. :Rasta:

For a while I have been ordering one small bag of veg and a big bag of bloom, to get me over the $50 mark for free shipping, because with the larger bloom containers I was using more of the bloom product. This time however, I was running low on both of them, and I really really liked what the 15% off did to that bill!

For a while I have been ordering one small bag of veg and a big bag of bloom, to get me over the $50 mark for free shipping, because with the larger bloom containers I was using more of the bloom product. This time however, I was running low on both of them, and I really really liked what the 15% off did to that bill!
I'm planning on using geoflora on my desert grow. Where's the code

do an advanced search on my threads for the words discount code... you should find more than one.
Thank you for that!
:nomo:
Hopefully we can get some other growers on that train.

Happy Monday, growers. Big girl is looking great.
D9E53704-BF95-4AC2-801D-90DE3A1F4495.jpeg
Not sure if the little one is figuring it out, or fizzling out. Those cotyledons have me worried (a bit like @Carcass G Ice baby) but the stem is still firm and leaves still green. There’s always a chance...

Lookin good Justin! Keep the faith on the little one! I had 2 seedlings when I started my current run that I thought for sure weren’t going to make it but they turned it on and now one of them is the biggest of all my plants heading into flower!

Lookin good Justin! Keep the faith on the little one! I had 2 seedlings when I started my current run that I thought for sure weren’t going to make it but they turned it on and now one of them is the biggest of all my plants heading into flower!
Thank ya!
The best part about this one is she can take all the time she needs, she will likely end up outside in a month or so anyway. I feel like if she was gonna die easy it would be over already. She's forming leaves (slowly) and trying to come alive, so I will give her every opportunity. Sometimes though, they just die. I haven't had it happen in a while, but they can leave pretty fast if the perfect storm is there (usually too much food and/or water) and she gets no more of either until I see some more real growth. I can't push her into living, I pretty much just need to wait and see if she makes the cut.

Thank ya!
The best part about this one is she can take all the time she needs, she will likely end up outside in a month or so anyway. I feel like if she was gonna die easy it would be over already. She's forming leaves (slowly) and trying to come alive, so I will give her every opportunity. Sometimes though, they just die. I haven't had it happen in a while, but they can leave pretty fast if the perfect storm is there (usually too much food and/or water) and she gets no more of either until I see some more real growth. I can't push her into living, I pretty much just need to wait and see if she makes the cut.
I had a dreadful time with a Mexican Sativa this year, only one of 5 seeds germinated and it grew upside-down with it's root breaking the soil which luckily I was able to catch and reverse before it dried out, but unfortunately it's helmet stayed on and after I 'removed' it I think I damaged the root and for a month it never grew past a pair of cotyledons so I threw it out. I really tried as it had been a gifted seed, I found the whole emotional investment into it, was really gutting by the end, I was surprised about that! :ganjamon:

I had a dreadful time with a Mexican Sativa this year, only one of 5 seeds germinated and it grew upside-down with it's root breaking the soil which luckily I was able to catch and reverse before it dried out, but unfortunately it's helmet stayed on and after I 'removed' it I think I damaged the root and for a month it never grew past a pair of cotyledons so I threw it out. I really tried as it had been a gifted seed, I found the whole emotional investment into it, was really gutting by the end, I was surprised about that! :ganjamon:
I hear that, certain ones are harder to deal with the loss for sure. Especially when you only have one left...

Well she must have heard us talking about her...
A791906B-54A2-44B1-9A36-A61782C5EDF3.jpeg
cause she’s apparently not going to quit just yet.

So this is the second time I've had this similar kind of unique situation-
When the seedling first emerges, the cotyledons are the first to receive light, and start the process. They also contain the nutes to feed the plant as it's getting established.
Now in this case as well as one in a past journal, this plant appears to have done something strange- Not only has it killed off the cotyledons, but the first set of single leaves now has rounded edges and is taking their place.
Not sure what takes place in the genetic process to cause this, but it seems to be sacrificing part of itself right before dying, then repurposing another part to continue the cycle properly.
The new cotyledons will now feed the plant as it gets established.

It's about a week behind, but now we know it's going to live.

@Carcass watch for yours to possibly do the same thing, it kind of has that look.

Gotta love science, and this plant:love::reading420magazine:

I'm currently growing 1 full on freak an 2 curiositys
20210309_095455.jpg

The 2 curiosity r the back 2 they 35 day old an less than 3 inches an showing pistils
20210309_095507.jpg

An this is the 35 day old auto amnesia with 4 sets of 3 leafs ,,im guessing genetics r the main issue probably more secondary issues

Looking like a good start mate. I've been missing seedlings. Can't wait to pop a seed or two.

Interesting with the baking of soil. I wonder if you could use the same technique as for pasteurising bulk substrate in mushroom grows.

Looking like a good start mate. I've been missing seedlings. Can't wait to pop a seed or two.

Interesting with the baking of soil. I wonder if you could use the same technique as for pasteurising bulk substrate in mushroom grows.
For sure, and I think the preferred method is autoclaving. For me the oven is slightly easier (because it’s a lot more accessible).
Taking Emilya’s advice, I did it right in the GeoPot (the oven fits 2) rather than try to find a giant pan to pile soil in. Cleaner this way too.
0CFFF71F-FB7B-4A50-8250-80B744CCEA3A.jpeg

I’m going to post a pic almost every day, hope you guys don’t mind
64CBC477-0059-42E9-B695-2C1BE3333DF9.jpeg

especially since #2 has decided to stay with us
Wish everyone would follow by your example :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom