420's Bear Goes Perpetual - Multi-Strain - 2015 - Coco & Perlite

Auto VS Photo-Period & Why

• Total voters
ok got up this morning and pammy was still looking sad so I moved the light to 5 in from her and watered her gave her a gallon checked ph of run off and it was between 6 and and6.6 so I gave her another gal. and it was down to 6 or less. rearranged the whole closet will be taking pics later. Have to run errands with my soon to be ex

I run my T5 HO about 8 inches above the girls until they are larger and fast growing (sometime around 15" high afer repotting.)

Once they are larger and growing vigorously, I like 3-6 inches from the T5 light. If they touch the light, they get burned where they touch. I don't mind as long as the branch tips (meristems) don't get burned. I triple those distances (9-18 inches) for 600W HPS in flower.

I have had one or two seedlings (and most non-cannabis seedlings) that find 8 inches too close when smaller. These I place off to the side of the T5 light to get further way. Your pammy is larger than the seedlings that need to be further away.

I still struggle with early veg, my main problems are with watering and lights too close.

Historically, my worst problem was with high soil PH, low PH-ing the water saved my dying plants.

thats what I think my prob is right now high ph runoff and high heat doing what I can about the ph and heat. Thinking of getting a section of 6 in hose and run a/c into closet at least during lights on temp today with door open lights on is a toasty 88hung 2 wet towls to try and help with rh ( ty sue for the idea). Here are today's update pics

pammy
Pammy.jpg

new lights pots and set up
New_Light_Pots.jpg

what I found on my door step this morning
Morning_Delivery.jpg

Mystery Plant of seed found on my desk her name is Lady Mystery
Lady_Mystery.jpg

This Is BubbleGum and her name is Bubbles
Bubbles7.jpg

this is tina and Sue Tina is a amnesia auto sue is a sour kosher
Tina_Sue.jpg

This is Tangi and she is Tangelo Rapido Auto #1
Tangi.jpg

This is Georgina and she is Tangelo rapido Auto #2
Georgina.jpg

this is Francine she is Tangelo Rapido Auto #3
Francine.jpg

well there is the family some havent shown there faces yet but I have finally named them all. when I flushed pammy today there was about an in. of water in bottom of drain pan when I put lights out when lights came back on tray was empty she drank all of it up after 2 gal doing in about a quart drain out ( the 1 in)

I love the way you guys give your plants names. I'd have to keep a list or mark their names on the pots. You're getting adventurous aren't you Bear? They'll keep you busier, that's for sure.

I love mystery seeds. Sometimes they bite you in the ass, but the great unknown gets my blood zipping.

ok here it is another day and things are looking the same in the closet Pammy is still looking heat stressed temp with lights on was between 85-90. Am Putting in my 2 small 160 cfm fans in tomorrow with jury rigged venting to try and see what I can do to help her. Am trying a new way to germinate my seeds. Fill glass with 6.0 ph water and let soak 24 hrs, here is was things get confuding for me some threads i read on this say let them sit till tap root comes out 1/4 to 1/2 in. some say plant after 24 hrs of soaking . so am doing these 5 seeds that have been soaking 24 hrs ( all on bottom of glass good sign 95 % viable) with no tap root into coco/perlite ( strained out the perlite of some of the mix to top last one quarter of a 20 oz coffee cup) That is up to 13 plants in various stages

ok here it is another day and things are looking the same in the closet Pammy is still looking heat stressed temp with lights on was between 85-90. Am Putting in my 2 small 160 cfm fans in tomorrow with jury rigged venting to try and see what I can do to help her. Am trying a new way to germinate my seeds. Fill glass with 6.0 ph water and let soak 24 hrs, here is was things get confuding for me some threads i read on this say let them sit till tap root comes out 1/4 to 1/2 in. some say plant after 24 hrs of soaking . so am doing these 5 seeds that have been soaking 24 hrs ( all on bottom of glass good sign 95 % viable) with no tap root into coco/perlite ( strained out the perlite of some of the mix to top last one quarter of a 20 oz coffee cup) That is up to 13 plants in various stages

We germinate in a glass of water, and wait until taproot is out 2-3 days.

When taproot is showing, there is a serious risk of damage during transplant.

Soak 24 hrs is safer.

- -

At 85-90 you really need to get the temperature down. Go for the solution with what you have.
There is nothing wrong with 160 CFM, as long as the warm air moves out of the room and cooler, fresher air moves in, you are doing good.

Do you have a fan moving the air / blowing lightly towards the growing plants?
Totally seperate from temperatures, they like the air movement :)

yes have 2 fans blowing on the girls. on the first i will be ordering 2 420 cfm fans. I planted those 5 seeds after 2hr. gonna see what happens

Bear, post pictures of your AC challenge. It brings faster responses. We need to know what's going on. Pictures do that very effectively.

ok got ac going into my closet just cant get it cut so i can use the rest for out vent. the damn coil of the duct is smarter than me

ok got ac going into my closet just cant get it cut so i can use the rest for out vent. the damn coil of the duct is smarter than me

Usually takes tin snips or heavy wire cutters to snip the wire part, the film part cuts easy.

I've tried bending the wire back and forth in the same spot. It worked when I held with pliers, but took an annoyingly long time.

got it done once I sat down and smoked a bowl and stared at the hose i figured it out. Now have 1 160 cfm moving ac in and 1 160 cfm pumping air out. Now to get a thermometer and check temps again with lights on vs lights off. Pammy is hanging in there and I gave her last nute treatment for the veg cycle , next week she goes into flower for 13 weeks. My poor closet is looking like something out of a mad scientists lab but have not cut one hole or nailed one nail in this whole grow. My soon to be ex just gave me an idea for adding a flower room, Now I gotts to design it and wire it arrrrrrgggggg this was just supposed to be a one plant easy thing ( i became addicted).

got it done once I sat down and smoked a bowl and stared at the hose i figured it out. Now have 1 160 cfm moving ac in and 1 160 cfm pumping air out. Now to get a thermometer and check temps again with lights on vs lights off. Pammy is hanging in there and I gave her last nute treatment for the veg cycle , next week she goes into flower for 13 weeks. My poor closet is looking like something out of a mad scientists lab but have not cut one hole or nailed one nail in this whole grow. My soon to be ex just gave me an idea for adding a flower room, Now I gotts to design it and wire it arrrrrrgggggg this was just supposed to be a one plant easy thing ( i became addicted).

Only one more room?
:) :slide:

ok took pics so here are the pic updates for 6/8. The first 2 are pammy she is still looking sad for 36 days
Pammy
Pammy_Top.jpg

PAmmy_Top_2_.jpg

Da FAmily
Da_Family_5_.jpg

Da_Family_4_.jpg

Da_Family.jpg

Da_Family_2_.jpg

Da_Family_3_.jpg

Have NAmed My Room Dr. Bears Lab
Dr_Bear_s_Lab_2_.jpg

Dr_Bear_s_Lab.jpg

gotta get me 2 more 2700k cfls broke 2 this morning stuck in 2 5000k cfls till then

:popcorn:

ok gonna have to rethink the 600w hps put it in closet and after 4 hrs pammy was going into shock from the intensity of the light ( Not The heat ) was suggested i go to introducing her slowly to the hps for an hr or 2 for a day then up it by a hr everyday. Went back to using the t5 and cfl's . At this point i have a question I switched to 2 2700k cfl's and 2 5000k am I covering the blue/red spectrum better ( was using 6 5000k ) will be adding a third 2700 and 5000

That's a bit of a loaded question. I like to think that some of my philosophies are old school however, I'm a believer in a bit of cross spectrum. Running a little red and blue at all times. Of course running more blue during veg and more red during flower. Almost like a 70%-30% cross spectrum, respectively.

Ps. Glad you caught that light in time Holmes!! That could have been fatal

i have the t5 with 2 lights then the six cfl bulbs. just measured pammy and there is a 1in growth in her since 5/29 so she is hanging in there took some pics of the guardians of the grow
All together now GROW
phpmW6zwyAM.jpg

Guard dog
phplIab5YAM.jpg

Toby Jug From the 1920's came from my gramps
phpjuAjXNAM.jpg

Baby Oscar The Grouch
phpXcg91nAM.jpg

also have a tiny pewter dragon named norbert that is under the plant

Back
Top Bottom