420's Bear Goes Perpetual - Multi-Strain - 2015 - Coco & Perlite

Auto VS Photo-Period & Why

• Total voters
which is which 2700 k 5000k

2700K = red spectrum - Flower
5000K+ = blue spectrum - Veg

Many people use a mix. I do not flower with CFL but I do veg my plants up with them. I have a homemade light made from 3-4' shop lights holding 2-T8 bulbs each. I run 4-6500K and 2-2700K bulbs for veg. I was taught that a little bit of "red spectrum" helps build roots in veg stage.

Can you err with too much light? I've had CFL for 4 weeks and then added the LED for the last 10 days. I keep them all going. The CFL's were mixed but I changed them both to the 2700 from 5k because they've started flowering.

When using CFLs you want to have both spectrums at all times, just slanted heavily in one direction or another depending on whether you're in veg or flower. I always tried for 2/3 -3/4 of the dominant and one or two of the other. It makes a big difference in quality of harvest.

Get those CFL lights right up to the plants as close as you can. Definitely within 3", shooting for 1 1/2" if you can, and make sure you're exposing the sides of the bulbs to the plant instead of the ends. The usable light comes from the sides of the bulbs.

ok has been 2 days and haven't really done anything but water. Been Cutting the wood for the flower room though so that is getting done. With gf and I separating ( we are gonna continue dating ) i am keeping the flower room here for now in a spare room. Gonna Have a 8'x4'x8' room for flower ( gonna be sticking with these auto plants like the quick turnover) will give me a 2'x2' / plant area for a total of 8 plants. Have had all the plants under the 600 watt hps and they are hanging in there . Jazzy ( a bubble Gum ) pooped her head 2 days ago but am worried i had to trans plant her already she was stretching to much. Made brownies yesterday at 3 grams of pot per brownie.I made those for my patients for donations.

Bear, please don't take this the wrong way. But is growing legal where you are? Don't answer if it's not. But because I know you. And not your Girlfriend, I'm going to suggest you take the best procautions to ensure your gardens safety. If it's not legal, consider taking a break while you settle your relationship status. I would hate for you to get prosecuted because of silly non sense. Catch my drift?

Just ensure that the people you surround yourself with. Have your best interests in mind.

Lots of love Bear! Wish you luck!

How did you make these brownies? How did you put 3 grams per brownie?

24 grams of pot in butter 8 browniies that comes to 3 grams per or is my figuring wrong. the recipe was posted earlier in my journal. Here It is

was going through old recipes and found these thanx mom for the brownie recipe
Brownies
Ingredients
Soft butter, for greasing the pan
Flour, for dusting the buttered pan
4 large eggs
1 cup sugar, sifted
1 cup brown sugar, sifted
8 ounces melted butter (2 sticks)
1 1/4 cups cocoa, sifted ( Bakers Unsweetened )
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup flour, sifted
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

Directions
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Butter and flour an 8-inch square pan.
In a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the eggs at medium speed until fluffy and light yellow. Add both sugars. Add remaining ingredients, and mix to combine.
Pour the batter into a greased and floured 8-inch square pan and bake for 45 minutes. Check for doneness with the tried-and-true toothpick method: a toothpick inserted into the center of the pan should come out clean. When it's done, remove to a rack to cool. Resist the temptation to cut into it until it's mostly cool.

Recipe For Green Butter
1c butter
14g medicine
Grind Meds In Coffee Grinder
Melt butter on low then add medicine. Simmer for 2-3 hrs
Let stand till cool enough to hamdle but still liquid ( platex gloves help ) . Strain through cheesecloth and squeeze out excess butter .

Bear, please don't take this the wrong way. But is growing legal where you are? Don't answer if it's not. But because I know you. And not your Girlfriend, I'm going to suggest you take the best procautions to ensure your gardens safety. If it's not legal, consider taking a break while you settle your relationship status. I would hate for you to get prosecuted because of silly non sense. Catch my drift?

Just ensure that the people you surround yourself with. Have your best interests in mind.

She isn't any problaem she has been supporting me through this and besides i have my medical license so yes I legal

Lots of love Bear! Wish you luck!

Yes I have my medical license

The reason i ask because the numbers didn't seem correct. Its hard to believe you put 3 grams per one brownie!!! Im a big edibles person and make them weekly. Its not efficient for me to make brownies that strong that's why i was confused. Theres no one that i know that would be able to even eat half a brownie the way you have made them and still be able to move if made correctly and at the right temps... With a brownie that potent it would take you to "places" 99.9% people wouldn't want to go (in terms of high).. I know i wouldn't lol.

I make just about all my edibles at around 7-8 grams per recipe(usually 10-12 servings). If you eat a whole one of my brownies or pieces of fudge you will be gone for 4-5 hours... I usually tell people to eat half a piece first and its always plenty for them lol... 24 grams... WOW!!!! How many mg's of THC do you estimate in each of your brownies?

Thanks for the recipe!

recommended does is 1/4-1/2 brownie so 3 grams breaks down even more to .75-1.50 g a dose. was donated the medicine used in the batches i am making right now ( and I mean donated it showed up one morning on my doorstep)it was leaf trimmings from someones garden (133 gr worth) so dont know thc content and all that just know i like em and so far have patients.

this is a pic of what was in the box that was left on my door step. In the baggy was some killer pop corn buds
Morning_Delivery.jpg

The first batch of magic brownies I made after my first harvest had 14 gm of buds in it. We cut the pan into 8 slices, and the resulting brownies were so potent that it caught me off guard the first time, but only because I ate a whole one right down. From that point on I only used 4 gm per pan. They're usually for the daughter's bedtime meds and she's a real lightweight.

When I have an over abundance of meds again I'm going to make another 14 gm batch. I liked that batch. :cheesygrinsmiley:

ok here is the update for today. Lets start out with questions and concerns.

seeds i planted on 5/29 (14 days ago) have not popped what should i do?
have seperated my coco and perlite cause personally for seeds I find a 50.50 mix to much perlite for seeding how do I figure a 70/30 mix?
ok there are the concerns and questions now on to what ya all want to know I have added the 600w hps into the system and took out all the other lights. I think the problem with the leaves was over nute. I been giving her a gal of water every day and takes the whole thing the about a qt drains out she is bouncing back so nicely. She has grown about 1-2 in. since adding the 600w. She is schedualed to go to flower room a week from tomorrow she will be 7 weeks old may wait longer. i transplanted Jazzy yesterday day and today she is sad looking i hope i didnt damage her when I was trans. took all the seeds out of the veg room and they are sitting in the window of my office in thier cups. Temps are warm at about 80-85 with the light on and the door open. I dropped my exhaust fan the other day into water while i didn't have the wires taped ( was taking it down to tape wires) so have been with out a fan.

I've never had decent edibles. I've made my own. Even just made chocolate, without heating the herb up. And I didn't feel anything. I never have. I know I can't guarantee all the stuff I didn't make. But I thought the last stuff I made would have done it. But nothing. I was disappointed.

oops forgot the pics
first Pammy In all her glory after a week of 600w hps
Pammy_In_her_glory.jpg

lemon deisel one 6 days
Lemon_deisel_6_days.jpg

lemon diesel 2 4 days
Lemon_deisel_4_days.jpg

green butter anyone
Green_Butter_anyone.jpg

jazzy after trans
JAzzy.jpg

plant in forefront is sour Kosher 12 days
Tina_Sue.jpg

The first batch of magic brownies I made after my first harvest had 14 gm of buds in it. We cut the pan into 8 slices, and the resulting brownies were so potent that it caught me off guard the first time, but only because I ate a whole one right down. From that point on I only used 4 gm per pan. They're usually for the daughter's bedtime meds and she's a real lightweight.

When I have an over abundance of meds again I'm going to make another 14 gm batch. I liked that batch. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hahaha. Same here. My first batch i dont even remember what I put in. I baked my cookies and ate two. I didnt feel anything after 30-45 mins so I ate another one!!!! Let me tell ya.... At the 1 hour mark. My face started getting numb and i said oh this feels good... so it takes 3 of these cookies? I have to make them stronger next time...... at the 1.5 hour - 2 hour mark... it was hard to move much and all train of thought was gone... at the 2.5 hour mark i couldnt get off the couch. I tried.... and tried.... at 3 hour mark I finally got up and was going to bed (the high was getting to much lol...) at this time i realized i had ate wayyyy to much. I was "warping" around the house. I would be in one room and then the next without any knowledge of walking there. I finally told myself ok its time to lay down. When i went to lay down I couldn't deviate temperature on my body... Hot or cold. I laid in bed and I couldnt tell if I was laying down or not. I couldn't feel my body laying on the bed LOL... This went on for about another hour before I really laid down and went to sleep. Like i said... edibles will take people to places a lot don't want to go if you eat to many. It was fun, just a little to much and out my comfort zone. I stick to around 7-8 grams per 10 serving batches now... Its about perfect for me and friends. P.S. those first edibles, You could only eat a half of one and be stonnnnnned for 3-5 hours. I ate 3 whole ones LOL. I wonder how many mg of THC i ate that night... =)

ok today picked up a thermometer/rh and with lights on temp is 88 and rh is 35% gonna add a couple of gal pails of water under the lights to see if i can bring up th rh what is the point i am shooting for on temp and rh? Fixed the 6 in 160cfm fan i thought i had burned the motor on. took the wires apart today found out i had a piece of ducting touching a bare wire ( never said i was a electricly inclined)Nothing else happening in the room today. I decided to give up on the seeds that went 15 days and never germinated. Contacted seed bank about a refund or credit 3 out 5 so far have not done anything ( could it be operator error? ) I seem to be doing so well with the others hmmmmmm.... I mixed the coco back with the perlite but went with less perlite and kept some coco back with no perlite to do seeds in. My opinion perlite is not good for seeds floats to top of coco blocks seeds from popping.

Back
Top Bottom