420's Bear Goes Perpetual - Multi-Strain - 2015 - Coco & Perlite

Auto VS Photo-Period & Why

• Total voters
This for sure isnt a cannabis plant lol. Oh well you might get some basil out of it if Major PITA is right!

Sour_Kosher_28_days.jpg

was a freebie from the seed bank I orded from. Said it was sour kosher fem LOL

it does have me intrigued never seen a pot plant with leaves like that. She is going in the flower room today with the amnesia and alchemy

todays update is short have reversed the 160 intake into a exhaust so for now i have 2 160 doing exhaust intake during lights on is handled by opening both rooms temps with lights on is 86-88 with lights out 86 degrees. Just ordered 2 6 in 400 cfm fans they should be here by the 7th. Am thinking of adding a humidifier to my intake when my new fans get here

I can't give advice on exhaust and temperature vontrol, other than don't do what I'm doing.

My plan was to copy SweetSue's fan and filter setup, knowing that she had detailed and excellent advice from Duggan. I got the filter, but tried to cheap out on the fan, and now im left with a fan that will maybe be used for inlet air, and im shopping for a fan that properly matches my Can33 filter. Good luck!

This for sure isnt a cannabis plant lol. Oh well you might get some basil out of it if Major PITA is right!

Sour_Kosher_28_days.jpg

If you look in the following photo, you will see some Italian Cameo Basil sprouts in the corner pot. Look familiar?

20150607_202836.jpg

Probably your kush seed was a dud, and a basil seed or something similar was already in the soil or got in there somehow. Sorry. :sorry::peace::passitleft:

These fans you're buying. What type are they? Are you using a filter? If so, is it an in-line filter, or the kind like mine that filters the exhaust suction. My plan backfired because I assumed my filter could be fed by a duct leading from my tent. It turns out the Can 33 filter must be in the tent, with the fan attached.

A week ago or so, I bought a six inch in-line fan. It had a rating of 300 cfm. My tent is only 2×4×5, or 40 cubic feet total. I figured it was overkill, and that it would have the tent temps just a few degrees above inlet air temp no problem. I was wrong. My tent exhast air is over 10 ° higher than ambient, and canopy tent is 5° above that. This isn't acceptable. Ill be fixing my situation in the next week or two. I'll get back to you. Cheers!

both rooms temps with lights on is 86-88 with lights out 86 degrees.
Emmm... That's a tight window with those constant temps Bear. Nice work.

will never order from that company again 1 out of 10 seeds good may be my fault but don't want to believe so. found a new hydro store here went to visit them today and got some new toys. Info on side of fan is power 42w flow 400 cfm voltage120v/110w frequency 60hz max temp 130c.bought 2 5 gal cloth grow bags also bought a humidifier and 2 10inx10in blocks of coco next thing will be new hoses for the new fans when they get here pics when i get them uploaded. Also ordered 4 Female Lemon Kush Feminised Seeds
1 X Paradise Seeds Delahaze Feminised Seed, 2 X Afghani Regular Seeds

I can't give advice on exhaust and temperature vontrol, other than don't do what I'm doing.

My plan was to copy SweetSue's fan and filter setup, knowing that she had detailed and excellent advice from Duggan. I got the filter, but tried to cheap out on the fan, and now im left with a fan that will maybe be used for inlet air, and im shopping for a fan that properly matches my Can33 filter. Good luck!

But that was pretty good advice Rascio. Hahaha! Sorry, Rascio, but you have such a wit. I followed Duggan's lead and went with an Ostberg CK fan. Couldn't be happier and I expect it to last me years and years.

These fans you're buying. What type are they? Are you using a filter? If so, is it an in-line filter, or the kind like mine that filters the exhaust suction. My plan backfired because I assumed my filter could be fed by a duct leading from my tent. It turns out the Can 33 filter must be in the tent, with the fan attached.

A week ago or so, I bought a six inch in-line fan. It had a rating of 300 cfm. My tent is only 2×4×5, or 40 cubic feet total. I figured it was overkill, and that it would have the tent temps just a few degrees above inlet air temp no problem. I was wrong. My tent exhast air is over 10 ° higher than ambient, and canopy tent is 5° above that. This isn't acceptable. Ill be fixing my situation in the next week or two. I'll get back to you. Cheers!

I have my system set at 75% capacity and it runs constantly maintaining beautiful control. It's been such a relief not to have to think about it at all. I was going to cheap out too. So glad things worked out differently. You're going to be just as relieved Rascio.

ok lets see HAPPY 4th of July Gang:lot-o-toke::surf::party:... Now to the update rehung fans yesterday at 3 foot intervals along the cieling one above the 600 w and one above where the second 600 might go. My new 400 cfm fans will be here Mon or Tues. thinking of using one 400 for intake and one for exhaust and switching one of the 160s back to exhaust. Any opinions on that folks??? temps have been hovering near the 100 temp with lights on yesterday and today so gotta do something:bump:..Plants are hanging in there. There is a nice odor coming from the flower room as i sit here and type this ( note to self time to add the charcoal bags lol) Trans planted the lemon deisel into the new cloth 5 gal pots ( love these things) ty Sue. HAd a nice surprise fone call yesterday a friend came down from seattle and brought my some bubba kush 24 % thc and let e tell ya am well medicated:volcano-smiley: Now for the good stuff
Pammy 51 Days
Pammy_51_Days.jpg

Lemon Diesel 30 Days Anna
Lemon_Deisel_30_Days.jpg

Lemon Diesel sun burnt 28 days Jessa
Lemon_Deisel_Sun_Burnt_28_Days.jpg

Alchemy 7 Days Louise
Alchemy_7_days.jpg

alchemy 7 days Thelma
Alchemy_7_Days_3_.jpg

Alchemy Jazzy 7 Days
Alchemy_7_Days_2_.jpg

New Pots
New_Pots1.jpg

COCO6.jpg

Maintance today looks short water pammy and terry ( the auto Amnesia named after my mom )when lights come on then nute lemons will add a foto of terry when lights come back on
:Namaste:

OK lets see HAPPY 4th of July Gang...

Happy 4th Back
Now to the update rehung fans yesterday at 3 foot intervals along the cieling one above the 600 w and one above where the second 600 might go. My new 400 cfm fans will be here Mon or Tues. thinking of using one 400 for intake and one for exhaust and switching one of the 160s back to exhaust. Any opinions on that folks??? temps have been hovering near the 100 temp with lights on yesterday and today so gotta do something.

Exhaust fans extract heat, but they don't cool. The subtle difference being they won't ever cool beyond the intake air temperature.
So... How warm is your intake air?

A single 400 cfm in-line fan will do a lot of heat extraction - easily up to 3 600W fan hoods worth.
An 8x8x8' tent is only 512 cubic foot - so a single 400 cubic foot per minute(cfm) exhaust fan theoretical removes all the air every 75 seconds. The main duty of an in-line fan is to exhaust hot air from your HPS hoods outside your grow room, exhausting hot room air is just a bonus.

With that much exhaust, any intake fan less than 400 cfm will ony slow down the air intake compared to the air suction from the exhaust fan throughan intake tube. I personally would match the intake and exhaust to the same size, or skip the intake fan entirely (which I do.) With just the exhaust fan, you can use a fan speed controller to reduce the fan speed.

If a single 400 cfm does not exhaust enough heat in a bedroom sized room you probably : a) have way too many lights on, or b) need an air conditioner instead of another fan.

- - -

I hope those ideas help.

will put one 400 for exhaust and one for intake off my ac vent in my office should handle the air prob. eventualy i want to make my wing reflectors into air cooled ones. I know there has to be a way. was looking at air cooled reflectors today and they are spendy on my budget. the 160s i have were a yard sale find for 15 dollars for both. Spent 46.99 for 2 400 and i just tracked them they will be here mon sometime

will put one 400 for exhaust and one for intake off my ac vent in my office should handle the air prob. eventualy i want to make my wing reflectors into air cooled ones. I know there has to be a way. was looking at air cooled reflectors today and they are spendy on my budget. the 160s i have were a yard sale find for 15 dollars for both. Spent 46.99 for 2 400 and i just tracked them they will be here mon sometime

Understood about the price of air cooled reflector hoods. I was going to say each hood is about the price of an in-line fan - but you got a heckofa good price on those fans :)

ebay is a wonderful thing

Back
Top Bottom