420's Bear Goes Perpetual - Multi-Strain - 2015 - Coco & Perlite

Auto VS Photo-Period & Why

• Total voters
Yes it is Bear. The thrifty gardener looks high and low for those little treasures. :laughtwo:

Pammy is looking good Bear. You have to forgive me for suggesting at one point you abandon her and move on. She's going to reward you for that leap of faith and the perseverance it took to keep her going. That's a mistake I won't make again. :love:

Step by step, your grow space improves. Makes you swell with pride doesn't it? Good. You should be proud. :thumb:

new fans are in and temps are holding between 80 with lights out and the highest 88 with lights on. have 2 fans doing the intake and 2 fans doing the exhaust and a ocsolating fan moving everything around the plants rh is still a prob at between 20 and 50 percent but from what i been reading ( if understood ) is really not a prob if i was growing outside temps would be over 100 and rh would be low the amnesia is bouncing back from the break of the main stem so my grafting worked i guess. Just figured the sq footed of my flower room and it is 84.5 so with 420 cfm putting air in and same pulling air i should be good to go on that. am putting the big Lemon Diesel (anna) into flower today Transplanted her into a cloth walmart shopping bag. Pammy and Terry are getting their first nute and bloom today. they have been in flower 9 days and looking good. Transplaned 3 of the new alchemy into thier new homes.
Pammy 64 days
Pammy_64_Days.jpg

Pammy top
Pammy_Top1.jpg

Terry Days 35
Terry_35_Days.jpg

Outside the temps would be 100 but you would have CO2 to compensate for the high temps. Indoors you dont have that. You can easily run indoor grows at 90 if you have CO2 tanks and regulators in your rooms. If you have that much air circulating in your room why is it so hot? Whats the temp of the air being pulled in? You can have 10 fans but if the air you are pulling in is 90 then the lowest u will get is 90. Good luck!

yes sue as i get more and more done in the rooms I get more proud as I learn It goes even higher. Am glad I chose to hang in there with pammy she might be a producer yet. am looking for a used widow ac unit just for the flower room average temp of intake is 72-86

gm 420 community still fighting heat probs am looking for a used ac unit just for this room. have switched all my fans to intake but right now room temp is running 92 when lights in grow are going so my intake isnt going under that even coming off the ac vent in the room
this is getting frustrating I didnt think this out very well. cheapest a/c unit i have found so far is 75.00 used. I want to cry right now have come so far. took 2 8 iinch house fans and duct taped the ducting to it dont know the cfm on them but dont seem to be helping

Man that's so unfortunate. Have you considered adding some C02? My local grow shop has 2L Pop bottle like things. Or you can DIY c02. It help the plants cope with the heat.

Maybe even consider switching your light cycle to the night time. Might be a few degrees cooler.

I managed to decrease my heat by 8-10 degrees just by opening the area up. Getting rid of shit that wasn't a flower. And that clean up did me wonders. I had shelves in there, nutrients, wood, I'm sure a small child. And now it's open to the world and COOL!

I hope somethin works, Holmes!

Yeah - I was gonna say to switch to nighttime lighting.
90+ is brutal, but they should still produce as long as you can control humidity. According to the chart, you want 80 - 85% RH. That might help you in veg, but IDK what is going to work in bloom short of some A/C. Best of luck!

moved the ballasts for the lights across the room from a/c vent and temp at vent was down to 86 gonna have to look into making co2

Yeah - I was gonna say to switch to nighttime lighting.
90+ is brutal, but they should still produce as long as you can control humidity. According to the chart, you want 80 - 85% RH. That might help you in veg, but IDK what is going to work in bloom short of some A/C. Best of luck!

Anything above 75% RH will start to drown the plant and cause problems.

moved the ballasts for the lights across the room from a/c vent and temp at vent was down to 86 gonna have to look into making co2

You will waste more money trying to buy yeast and all that than getting a AC unit... U can buy a brand new 5000 BTU one for around $75. Just my opinion... You need to get your environment under control.

Step one to effective CO2 is: Seal room against outside air and install externally vented free standing A/C unit - that's a miminum of $500.

If you convert to externally vented HPS hoods or LEDs to save on the electricity bill, hundreds more.

I tried one of the free standing AC units. It was $499 for 12000 BTU's I used it for 2 weeks and returned it. It was very crappy! I dont know if it was my model or what but it would keep the humidity HIGH. I never could get it under control. Temps were ok with it but its like it was spraying a mist as it was cooling lol... No joke I had two 70 pint dehumidifiers going for 1000 sq feet and couldnt keep up

yes.Having a prob regulating temp in the room intake is coming from. lighting question will a marshydro 300w led handle 84.5 cubic ft of space

Strange about the A/C unit. As long as it was ducted outside the GR, A/C should lower humidity.

IMO a 300W MH LED will only cover about 1' x 1.5' really well. You could probably double those numbers for total coverage, but the best/core lighting isn't very large. You can't think in terms of cubic feet of space - only square footage. For good results the light has to be kept above the plant canopy at the proper distance regardless of how much height you have above.

so going by those numbers i would need 6 leds at 70 ea comes out to 420.00

so going by those numbers i would need 6 leds at 70 ea comes out to 420.00

I'm sure someone else could give you more accurate info - lots of Mars growers here. I have two of them but have not grown under them yet. I hooked them up to get an idea of how they compared to my 600W HPS. That is just a guess from my limited time with them. I do feel confident saying I wouldn't use less than 4 of them in my sub-3'x3' space, and thought it might take 6 to do the job right. My perception of LEDs is you need to monitor their height more closely than HPS. The light is highly directional so too close and you can bleach/burn, but too far and they don't have the power. An HPS throws light to the sides, some of which is reflected back for the plants. There is less of that with LED. YMMV. Again, no first-hand experience yet. Only my observations.

6 LEDS you will have more heat problems than you have now LOL.... You have to get your environment fixed first... There are no solutions other than drop the temps or get CO2... IMO oh... or wait till winter of course! Good luck

gonna have to just ride out the next 9 weeks until I can shut down grow room not loosing the 3 i have in flower right now. Found out a few hrs ago the house a/c unit iced over so had to shut it down now really fu**ed

TODAY'S UPDATE 7/10
a/c unit back up and running but sad to say I tore down the flower room and am using the veg closet to finish my 4 plants . Didn't have any probs with Heat when I was doing veg with 600w Will loose the 4 babies I had in veg but have plenty of beans for that strain will also dump the 16 beans i have germinating in water. Have 8 weeks before everything is done ( give or take a couple of weeks). Plans for new flower room is it will become anchored better then I will caulk where frame meets wall to seal better then i will use 1/2 r-tech wall board. was looking at 5000 btu a/c units and walmart has one for 130.00 have 8 weeks to save up for it. Have new beans on the way from herbie so they will be probably be what I will start with when the flower room goes back up.thinking of venting through the ceiling this time instead of through the floor and running duct up to near ceiling height.
This is all that is left of the flower room
Flower_Room_3_.jpg

Flower_Room_2_.jpg

Flower_Room17.jpg

Back
Top Bottom