..........6" inline fan, speed adjuster
..........6" filter
..........6" insulated duct, clamps
..........clip fans
..........CO2 tank, regulator, monitor
..........DWC (Oxyponics Pro Six)
IMG_20120615_170902.jpg

Re: 5x5 tent, 1kw air-cooled, oxyponics: first grow

Because the the tent poles aren't strong enough.

I'd like to replace them with solid steel bars. or maybe a secondary pvc frame? or a C-stand?

My tent is a Secret Jardin Dark Room, holds 60 pounds. My filter is 40 and my reflector is 35...plus the fan.

...The manufacturer suggests that filter is made for a larger room. So, I maybe overdid it there.

A ceiling pole bent as I ratcheted the light up from the floor. The tent says it holds 60lbs, but it buckled under 35.

What I did wrong was I didn't support weight of the lamp as I pulled the rope to ratchet it up, so the tent bore the weight of the lamp AND my pulling.

But the fact remains that my tents stated capacity is 60lbs, not 80+.

I'm glad you didn't break yours, though!

Changed my mind. Getting the General Hydroponics PowerGrower 8-Pack because I can get it locally.

I just realized I'd be completely wasting the CO2 if my filter runs constantly. I need one fan for the light and a separate fan for the filter.

What I have now is air in through filter, then my one fan, then light, then exhausted out tent.
What I think I need are two fans:
#1. into tent from outside, through sealed light, then out tent.
#2. from inside tent through filter, then out tent.
Both connected to a controller, along with the CO2.

...That means one controller instead of two (one for temp, one for CO2) which is what I had planned.

indoor hydro
clones: sativa

5x5 tent
C.A.P. controller unit
1kw air-cooled mh/hps, fan (timed by controller)
filter on floor, fan (on controller's thermostat)
CO2 tank (on controller's monitor)
Stealth Hydroponics' Oxyponics 6 (ebb&flow/DWC)
two-bottle Advanced Nutrients (Sensi Grow, Bloom), Technaflora ph up/down
clip fans, scissors,

drying tent, fan&filter, drying net
clone tent, mini greenhouse dome, daisy cloner, T5 light, Power Clone rooting solution

so... what am I forgetting?

Well... it turns out I was forgetting a chiller and a portable AC. And duct clamps. Lots of duct clamps.

With a two-hose style portable air-conditioner inside my tent, and CO2 from a tank...

the AC intake hose comes from the carbon filter...

IMG_20120703_170106.jpg

...must I vent the exhaust outside the tent wasting CO2, or can I vent inside the tent?

HI Newhydro, Well youve got the making for a nice grow space.. Im awaiting to see what you decide to put in her! About the frame structure, My friend has a square tent - like urs, im not 100% on size but its prob 5x5 also. His m8 bent the two top poles on him when it was borrowed.. He managed to get a metal/pvc coated poles for it from a cheapo shop that sold temporary car ports, just made of poles and a white pvc surface around it to park ur car under. It cost him $30, he was able to use the poles and also the corner connectors to make a more solid frame up top.Even the white pvc came in handy, he sold that to one of his friends who was gunna use the white PVC walls to line his small grow room he's making! So it ended up ok for him in the end. But most decent tents have fairly sturdy frames, but if there is a bit of weight on em,and theyre bending it may be worthwhile havin a look around for somethin cheap that is suitable and u can use to support it. Well Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;)

HI Newhydro, Well youve got the making for a nice grow space.. Im awaiting to see what you decide to put in her! About the frame structure, My friend has a square tent - like urs, im not 100% on size but its prob 5x5 also. His m8 bent the two top poles on him when it was borrowed.. He managed to get a metal/pvc coated poles for it from a cheapo shop that sold temporary car ports, just made of poles and a white pvc surface around it to park ur car under. It cost him $30, he was able to use the poles and also the corner connectors to make a more solid frame up top.Even the white pvc came in handy, he sold that to one of his friends who was gunna use the white PVC walls to line his small grow room he's making! So it ended up ok for him in the end. But most decent tents have fairly sturdy frames, but if there is a bit of weight on em,and theyre bending it may be worthwhile havin a look around for somethin cheap that is suitable and u can use to support it. Well Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;)

Back
Top Bottom