Advanced LED vs TopLED Side By Side Comparison - Hawaiian Snow & Blueberry

re: Advanced LED vs TopLED Side By Side Comparison - Hawaiian Snow & Blueberry

Can't believe I have not subbed to this yet...I have had it open since the first page and constantly been reloading it to read all new posts, but noticed I wasn't getting email updates!

Subbed and looking good my friend, can't wait to see how this turns out.

Thank you for the reply. My flower room is 10'x12'x8'h. I figure that I have the height available to grow larger plants and I like the penetration of the 5w LEDs. So that is why I am considering 6 of the mars2 1200's. Also this summer we are building 4@10'x20'x12'h grow rooms and if the mars 1200's work I would like to be able to outfit the new rooms with the 1200's. After reading Jon's journals and others it seems like these lights work, just a different learning curve and grow style is all. I am not a commercial grower, but have 5 family members to provide meds for besides me. Thanks again Crawdaddy for documenting the comparison between lights.

Par and lumen meters are not very good at properly reporting data from LED's. As eco and I spoke about in THIS THREAD

You can get a decent spectroradiometer for ~$3500.
The apogee is useful for fixture spacing but as the bomb says its lacking as a real meter for LED's. Its good for T5's, aquariums and in a greenhouse under appropriate settings. I wish i could find some reviews of <$5000 meters. But it seems there are so few sold that reviews and compare are hard to find.

Lumens is good to know , but isn't a tell all measurement. lumens measures light humans can see , not light plants can use.
too bad the par meters are so expensive I'd like to test my panels, instead of trusting the manufactures claims.

Guess it even worse, see below lol

Par and lumen meters are not very good at properly reporting data from LED's. As eco and I spoke about in THIS THREAD

You can get a decent spectroradiometer for ~$3500.

Do they have a quantity discount for those?

Ouch, no light meter for me, and LOL @Bolivar

Can't believe I have not subbed to this yet...I have had it open since the first page and constantly been reloading it to read all new posts, but noticed I wasn't getting email updates!

Subbed and looking good my friend, can't wait to see how this turns out.

People who post "Subbed" are subscribing by posting. :smokin:

Welcome HK, and LOL again @Bolivar

Thank you for the reply. My flower room is 10'x12'x8'h. I figure that I have the height available to grow larger plants and I like the penetration of the 5w LEDs. So that is why I am considering 6 of the mars2 1200's. Also this summer we are building 4@10'x20'x12'h grow rooms and if the mars 1200's work I would like to be able to outfit the new rooms with the 1200's. After reading Jon's journals and others it seems like these lights work, just a different learning curve and grow style is all. I am not a commercial grower, but have 5 family members to provide meds for besides me. Thanks again Crawdaddy for documenting the comparison between lights.

Glad I could help, yea Jon liked the Mars2, and I like my single one.

The apogee is useful for fixture spacing but as the bomb says its lacking as a real meter for LED's. Its good for T5's, aquariums and in a greenhouse under appropriate settings. I wish i could find some reviews of <$5000 meters. But it seems there are so few sold that reviews and compare are hard to find.

Well for that price I can see why so few are sold :)

Well for that price I can see why so few are sold :)
The apogee PAR meter is less than $400 including sensor. There are 10,000's or more of those meters around the world and they are a real work horse in many of the field sciences and business. Ive had mine for years and it still seems its still within calibration. Its the spectrometers that is more than 10x the price of the apogee PAR meter and hard to get reviews on.

This means nothing yet and i should not even say it, but I am bored and not too worried about this comparison being ultra scientific, so that being said....

I swear the topLED half is vegging better. Giving it a few more days to take some more pics then can maybe tell better.

Do not take that statement as any endorsement :)

It is just merely my high as a kite observation at this time, I am going to take pics on Sat from as close to same position as first pics and compare the two sets of shots side by side. That would yield better evidence.

If the Hawaiian Snow keeps looking better they will most likely be flipped to 12/12 this weekend.

People who post "Subbed" are subscribing by posting.
lmao. In the words of my Freshman composition teacher who emblazoned across the page in red ink..."redundancy, why?"
In this case, because posting doesn't automatically sub you to a journal if that option's not on in your settings. I have it set to not sub to every journal I post in.

In this case, because posting doesn't automatically sub you to a journal if that option's not on in your settings. I have it set to not sub to every journal I post in.

It's been so long since I went to my settings page I forgot that auto-subscribing was an option and not automatic. Good point.

For the first time today the pH for the Hawaiian Snow res water did not need any adjustment, it had been getting closer and closer, like yesterday was only 6.0 when checked (i want 5.7-5.9) today it was 5.8 right on the spot :)

Still on track to flip to 12/12 this weekend.

The Hawaiian Snow is recovering much better now, I still swear the growth is noticeably better on on the TopLED side, particularly with the Hawaiian Snow. As before, pictures on Saturday, that will be one week from start and be better judge then my high observations :)

I think (with relaxed lester's help) that the issue with your plant is/was iron. they say that this usually has to do with ph since the plant doesn't need a lot of iron.

So figured I take some more pics to try and illustrate what I am seeing. Not sure if they will convey it will but lets see.

To start, I tried resetting white balance under each light and taking same set of pics to see if white balance setting was favoring one or the other. In short all pics looked EXACTLY the same so I deleted them, I mean there was like ZERO difference.

Now onto which side is vegging better....

Tried to take shots in about same position as 5 days ago, but not sure how well i did

Here is both from 5 days ago and then today
Full_shoot.jpg

Full_shoot.jpg

Top LED 5 Days ago and today
Top_LED_.jpg
TopLED_5_Days_Veg.jpg

DS 200 5 days ago and today...
ADvanced_LED.jpg
DS_200_5_days_veg.jpg

And here i used paint to put the last 4 shots together in 2 shots side by side, left is 5 days ago right is today...

Top LED
Top_LED_before_and_after_5_days_veg_.jpg

DS 200
DS200_before_and_after_5_days_veg_.jpg

Make ur own judgments, sorry pics not best lined up between the 5 days, particularity the DS 200 shots.

looking good! sorry I posted about the iron issue in the wrong thread. I was referring to the hawaiian snow plant! is she doing better?

Back
Top Bottom