AfricanGrower's 1st Hydro Journal - Ebb&Flow - Bubblelicious 2013

Mini Update

I have decided to do a follow-up post to yesterday's update. One thing I forgot to mention is that I will be away for one of my longest trips so far. A 12-day venture:bitingnails: Hopefully all goes well.

To prepare for my long departure I have filled a 45 gallon res with about 35 gallons of nutrient feed at a PPM of 950. I have also set the pH to 5.4. AS before, the system will be top-feed-to-waste to prevent gradual pH swings. Sheesh, 12 days is a stretch, but this late in flowering, things have stabilized a lot more when it comes to pH.

My worse case scenario is to come back to find a deficient plant, but I anticipate I will only have a week left until harvest, so this would fall in line with the start of my flush.

The bagseed should be ready to start a flush when I come back as well, and will be chopped shortly after.

The 45 gal on the left, and the current 22 gal res which will be used as a waste bucket.

20131222_073926.jpg

20131222_073942.jpg

20131222_073956.jpg

Wish me luck everyone ;)

Mini Update

I have decided to do a follow-up post to yesterday's update. One thing I forgot to mention is that I will be away for one of my longest trips so far. A 12-day venture:bitingnails: Hopefully all goes well.

To prepare for my long departure I have filled a 45 gallon res with about 35 gallons of nutrient feed at a PPM of 950. I have also set the pH to 5.4. AS before, the system will be top-feed-to-waste to prevent gradual pH swings. Sheesh, 12 days is a stretch, but this late in flowering, things have stabilized a lot more when it comes to pH.

My worse case scenario is to come back to find a deficient plant, but I anticipate I will only have a week left until harvest, so this would fall in line with the start of my flush.

The bagseed should be ready to start a flush when I come back as well, and will be chopped shortly after.

The 45 gal on the left, and the current 22 gal res which will be used as a waste bucket.

Wish me luck everyone ;)

Good luck for sure. It sounds like you have your bases covered. Looking good.

So when you go visit the family and they say, "So what ya been up to lately?" What are you going to tell them? :rofl:

Good luck on your trip AG. I hope you return to healthy plants.

For all those who know me know I'm still Broke Ass Reg & broke as ever!

AG, I might surprise you & pop-up tomorrow being your home for the holidays. LOL

MERRY CHRISTMAS . . . . AfricanGrower

THE REPS ARE RIGHT returns this Sunday with it's long awaited 4th episode! Look below in my SIGNATURE for details. Be there or be square...

29/12/13

FLOWER DAY 60

Good Morning 420. Due to some change in my schedule, I have come back early (yesterday) and am glad to report that EVERYTHING is running on point. Hope everyone had a splendid holiday and the the best for the upcoming New Year :hippie:

20131228_080053.jpg

I came back to find 10 gallons of waste in the 22 gallon tote, and about 20-25 gallons of fresh nutrient in the 45 gallon tote ;) pH was at a steady 5.9, and PPM read at 980. The waste nutrient had a pH of 7.2 and a PPM of 866.

I went through the process of flushing both plants of any salt build up the 1minute long (non-recirculating) feedings must have caused. Now I am going to be using the rest of the 20-25 gallons of fresh nutrients at about 10 gallons at a time in the smaller tote. By the looks of things, I will probably be stretching past 11 weeks of flower.

The buds have all swelled since I last saw them, and I have a feeling that they still have a LOT more fattening up to go. It's nice not being able to anticipate a 'new' strain's growth patterns, the Bubb has been throwing me left and right hooks from the beginning :)

20131228_080403.jpg
20131228_080354.jpg
20131228_080249.jpg
20131228_080118.jpg

The Bagseed

20131228_080151.jpg
20131228_080605.jpg
20131228_080432.jpg
20131228_080421.jpg

WEEKLY TRICHOMES

Now I was expecting to start a flush on the bagseed this weekend, but it still looks to me that it has more time. I can't seem to spot any amber trichomes on either plant, but a collection of mostly cloudy and clear ones. What do you guys think?

Bubb

[video=youtube_share;AsTwvwFgkqI]
[/video]

Bagseed

[video=youtube_share;UFISyMnFgmM]
[/video]

Wow AG, nice fat buds brother! Hope I end up with nice ones like that. 11 weeks, that's a pretty late finisher. I take it the Bubbs are mostly Sativa? Not having a harvest of my own yet to draw experience, I was thinking 5%-10% ambers should give me the highest concentrations of milky trichs, but that's just what I believe based upon reading. Hope Vaycay helped you to unwind a bit and that you had an awesome time with your people!

:biglaugh:

Hi AG, glad you had a nice holiday. The tent is looking great man.:yikes:
I'm excited for you to harvest, you put in a lot of time and work into your grow and its gonna pay off real soon buddy.:thumb:

Cheers all around guys! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to browse through, I appreciate it.

Stealth, I only wish my setup was as easy as your Super Closet. With my busy schedule, a 'self-run' closet would do me wonders.

Sling, always a pleasure to have you stop by. Don't worry about commenting bro, I know how dedicated you are to your family and your living, so all the more respect to you!

Sky, I hope you're laughing about the Christmas/Kwanzaa comment!!! I guess you and Sling think a like, that's why you guys are BFAM:laughtwo:

>>> I take it the Bubbs are mostly Sativa?

Nope, based on genetics it is 60% Indica, but Pheno #2 possess Sativa dominant traits. I'm pretty sure the male Bubb was the Indica pheno, with darker wider leaves than the female Bubb before yoou.

Glad your back with your girls AG but how are you going to come back to the city for the holidays & leave before the New Years Bash? LOL
I should've tracked you down & held you hostage...

Back
Top Bottom