AKGramma's Perpetual Grow

I as just transplanting acouple seedlings and I for some reason your post came to mind.. Had to look to find what I was talking about.. I seen the mention of Myko... As in brand name from Extreme Gardening's product? That's what I use, alot better on the pocket book than shit like roots or great white type...But what I wanted to say,, is it's alot more effective to use the granulars as a transplant ammendment.. with as much root contact as posiable,, that works the best.. Like when you transplant,,, pour a tablespoon or three in the bottom and sides of the hole and it will come into contact with more of the roots as you transplant.. Or use the WP one as a drench after transplant or spray the exposed roots when transplanting.. The MYKO's does what one calls the hydra effect to the roots and increases root mass for better uptake and always works best in direct contact... You can use the Wettable Powder to make great teas along with composts and molasses, and use as a drench..
I was just sprinkling my transplant here, thats why this post.. Oh BTW,, empty coffee creamer bottles,,, sure make great bottles to store all amendments and even liquid ferilizers.. Easy to pour and store.... GL and Keepem Green

Yes, I use the granular MYKOS by OMRI bacteria in the black foil envelope. All one has to do on transplant is follow the directions, Like Norcaliwood said.

Since I recycle the roots of the previous harvest, I add more MYKOS to the still-alive roots during the amendment process. I now have 3 5-gal buckets of amended soil mix. Must remember to pick up some kelp additive before it sells out.

Today I finished harvesting the Arjan Haze. I got a lot of mini buds for edibles and a few nice thumb-sized topical buds for the smokers in the family. My harvests are small but potent, with lots of trics, but I expect larger harvests from the next generation with the amended soil.

I now have enough floor space to move the plants from the smaller unit into the larger one, and set the smaller up for seedlings. I'm going to pop 6 Auto Jock Horrors, since they are quick and flexible with lighting needs. By the time they are juveniles, the ladies in flower will be harvested, and I can move them over.

I don't see how anyone can run a perpetual grow without at least 2 tents or units (shelving/closets, etc) and 3 is even better, but the 3rd isn't always used, except for overflow.

The bottomless solo cups set into the final tall trash bins work very well for the autos, restricting the first few waterings to a small area, but allowing the taproots to seek out new depths and more nutrients. This method eliminates having to set up a separate nursery for the babies or transplant and possibly damage the delicate roots.

I just came across an old link from one of SweetSue's posts. Bonsai Mothers. This method allows you to keep a mother for clones in a small area in a 1 liter pot, supposedly for years. Passing the link on to you all. Just copy and paste the two posts into Word and save them to your PC.

Bonsai Mothers

I had to chop my itty bitty 5" Jock Horror Auto today, as she was obviously all done. Her sister from the same pot has a ways to go yet.

Jock_Horror_5_in_mature_1_.JPG

A tip shot

Jock_Horror_5_in_mature_tip.JPG

I noticed that my nearly-done AK48 has trics on the top AND the bottom of it's smallest 3-fingered leaves! I have never seen this before.

Other than a tiny amount of trimming of dead or dying leaves, the rest of the ladies, all in flower, are coming along nicely.

When I get some real free time, or am bored with what I'm doing outside 420, I'll start more autos. They are so fast, that I'll have time to plan out what to do after that batch. Meanwhile, I can try a bonsai mother or two from the fems.

I put my hand in each 5-gallon bucket of newly-mixed soil. So nice and WARM! And they smell so GOOD! So the soil mix is going it's thing. The buckets are sitting under my PC table, because that is the only space I have for them that is warm.

I was unable to find kelp meal in three stores, so it's sold out. I picked up seaweed extract, a liquid, so it will have to be added with the liquid nutes on feeding day. But I WILL mix a cup of worm castings in to each gallon of soil mix, when I start filling bins again.

Taking a lesson from Tead and company, I actually wrote down my soil and nute recipes! Getting organized!

The tarp flaps on my two units are in tatters, so I picked up two white shower curtain liners, and will mount them on rods along with the black sheets, to make getting into the units easier. Tarp is rather stiff, and is OK for walls, but I like something more drapable for the fronts. It worked well when I had a closet as a third space, but that space is no longer available for the grow. I will have to eke out time to replace what is there.

Make a trip to the beach maybe? Seems like it would be very easy to dry some kelp and grind it up.
How to Make Kelp Fertilizer with Kelp4less.com - YouTube

LOL! WC, the nearby beach at the inlet might have a dead sea mammal or a long-lost human corpse washed up, but not the kelp I need to dry and make my own. We don't go there to bask in the sun like those in the lower 48 states. Our "sand" is black mud, and in some places quicksand. Our first responders make quite a few rescues in season, when someone gets stuck in the quicksand at low tide, and then realize they are going to drown when the tide comes back in.

Besides, fresh kelp stinks to high heaven, and I have no place to dry it properly.

Now I assume, from the pic, that I can get it already dried and mix it in with my soil. I will keep this in mind when I start to get low on the liquid.

I hope the worm castings and the all-purpose granular organic nutes will give me the right amount of N to begin with, as it's a good substitute for blood meal.

I might get away with no additional nutes except a weekly feeding of Molasses, Epsom salts, and seaweed extract. I'll let the plants tell me what they need.

Hmmmm. That's too bad. I dump it on my garden by the truckload. It certainly doesn't stink when it's fresh- but yeah- after it sits a few days -pretty foul. Often i find it on the beach dried by the sun though- when we get sun.

I seem to remember now someone saying that the beach there is a mud pit...

Hmmmm. That's too bad. I dump it on my garden by the truckload. It certainly doesn't stink when it's fresh- but yeah- after it sits a few days -pretty foul. Often i find it on the beach dried by the sun though- when we get sun.

I seem to remember now someone saying that the beach there is a mud pit...

After looking at the shipping to Alaska for 5# of dried kelp meal, (about as much as the cost of the product), I think I will go with the liquid. I don't need much, only 1 teaspoon per gallon. The bottle will last me a long time, since the grow is only a few plants.

It still seems weird to have to order in there. I think with a little looking you'd stumble across some local kelp. Even in this tiny place there are people processing it, drying it and exporting it, and using it for all sorts of things.

It still seems weird to have to order in there. I think with a little looking you'd stumble across some local kelp. Even in this tiny place there are people processing it, drying it and exporting it, and using it for all sorts of things.

Oh, yeah, like oriental food shops, the garden supply store that caters to cannabis growers, etc. But price is a factor. I suppose logic would dictate, that since the shipping is included in the price, it's really not any more expensive than ordering online and having it shipped in.

Some smelly shit, but great to compost down into a toxic liquid gooey concentrate, and you got alot of them,, salmon.. Don't ask me how to process it, but they market it.. Just keep the cats away.. Keepem Green

I decided to take some clones from the lowest inside branches of my flowering BBL's. There wasn't much to choose from, as most of the leaves are gone. But I trimmed out the small flowers, dipped the ends in rootone, and planted all 6 into a solo cup. From past experience, I know I will lose most, if not all, but forever the optimist that the bare nodes will sprout new branches.

Our days are lengthening now, so the clone jar will remain out in the Living room to catch the real light coming through the windows. I'm using some of the rejuvenated mix, even tho it hasn't been "cooking" very long. Another reason to think they might fail, if the soil is too hot for them.

Some lower buds on the ladies are ready to harvest. There is one down-size to harvesting a number of plants gradually, and that is keeping the various buds separated by strain, and also keeping track of how long they have been drying before jarring. Sometimes I only have a few, unless I wait too long and have to take one down immediately (because I let it dry out).

Here I was blaming the smell of cat piss on my sweet old cat Merlin. It is the Bubblelicious plant I just harvested. PEEEEEE YOOOOOOOO! It's been a long time since I had a stinky cat-pissy phenotype!

The buds are typical for a sativa-heavy hybrid.

Here I was blaming the smell of cat piss on my sweet old cat Merlin. It is the Bubblelicious plant I just harvested. PEEEEEE YOOOOOOOO! It's been a long time since I had a stinky cat-pissy phenotype!

The buds are typical for a sativa-heavy hybrid.

Just cut my Bubblicious down today. Nowhere near "cat piss" on mine. More traditional sativa fresh/fruity/tropical type odor. Absolute huge harvest though. Loving what you have here AK! Congrats!

Just cut my Bubblicious down today. Nowhere near "cat piss" on mine. More traditional sativa fresh/fruity/tropical type odor. Absolute huge harvest though. Loving what you have here AK! Congrats!

That is what I usually got from my previous BBL and OGK harvests. So this one is a surprise. If my BBL clones dont take, I have a whole bunch of BBL x mystery sativa male seeds to try. I'd like to keep the strain going in some form, because they are so STICKY!

Back
Top Bottom