Alafornia's 1st Time Multistrain Medical Grow

:eek: is that Nikita center front? Give my girl some room lol ( just kidding ) she wants to take over the tent. The all look super healthy @Alafornia :thumb:

Wow @Alafornia everybody looks amazing. I have not been by in a little bit and damn... the ladies are getting big. And I see you have done some training, good job there, your going to have a lot of tops. I haven’t caught up yet I just wanted to say hey. I may have to go back 20 pages or so. Haha.

Nikita is filling in nicely

E7433E82-0D15-4AB2-89F6-518A2D048AD3.jpeg

:eek: is that Nikita center front? Give my girl some room lol ( just kidding ) she wants to take over the tent. The all look super healthy @Alafornia :thumb:

Just an awesome plant. Thank you.

Wow @Alafornia everybody looks amazing. I have not been by in a little bit and damn... the ladies are getting big. And I see you have done some training, good job there, your going to have a lot of tops. I haven’t caught up yet I just wanted to say hey. I may have to go back 20 pages or so. Haha.

Thanks, @The Mechanic . Always glad to have you. I visit your journal a lot but don't say much. I'm hoping for lots of buds.

Your plants are looking great. At least I have your grow journal to follow to see what I'm in for with mine.

Great compliment. Thank you. The 420 Crew has done a great job getting me on the right path.

Awesome work in the garden Al!

Thank you, @stoneotter .

Top watering tonight because it was pretty dry.

It’s currently 73 and RH 20%. High today upper eighties and low RH 11%.

The tent is 78 and 45%.

I keep bending everyone out so the middle will fill in. I’m done for real with OG Kush CBD because her branches snap every time. Tonight was the third I’ve taped up. She can grow however she likes now.

None of the clones have rooted well. Today is day 10 since taking them. From what I understand it’s not unusual.

At times I want to get this over with, yet I have enjoyed watching these plants grow. They have exceeded my expectations.

Still searching for that “perfect” tent but running out of time.

Enough dribble. Let’s see some pictures.

Looking really good Al. Yeah, clones can be a pain and yes it takes a little bit for them to root. Usually for me around 14/21 days to catch. Cheers brother

Reassuring. Thanks, Sparkey.

Overall, everything looks good.

6215CCC8-2710-4767-914F-DD5B09658CA5.jpeg

A few leaves on MH1 at different levels look slightly toasted. The rest look fine. The light is plenty far enough away and I don’t add nutes.

B723D612-0F13-431A-A499-FB8B48151E9E.jpeg

E6975256-749F-496D-B8E3-59D230C6EB8B.jpeg

3083D575-C511-4EC1-A42E-F2DE4190597D.jpeg

9A7F6088-36E0-47A7-BD46-55953BF22628.jpeg

25552C15-DD3D-440D-998F-C06C2E286CA9.jpeg

Hiya Al :ciao:

I don’t profess to be an expert, and I could be wrong, but those leaves look like pretty standard calcium demand to me. I won’t say ‘deficiency’ as such because it’s not super advanced. But it needs something remedial done before it escalates.

GHemster might be right about the potassium - I thought the leaves had to be fading a bit as well, for that to be the case, but looking at yours again maybe they are, just a little.

If it’s calcium, the calcium could just need to be ‘unlocked’ from the soil if it’s there (which takes microbial action and a tiny bit of LABs in the water can do that - but I know time is not necessarily your friend for making LABs), or you could take the easy route and start giving a little Cal-Mag supplement - I remember you mentioning you were going to buy one.

If it has demand for it now, that demand will be stronger as it transitions to flower, so you want to treat it pretty promptly.

Same goes for potassium too, really .

Because this is a super soil mix, I still recommend some LABs or a light compost/worm castings tea becasue those will help build up the micro herd and release what is already in your soil, which may totally be enough. Rather than chasing a specific deficiency and thinking your soil needs something added, think about how to get the most out of the soil ;)

All else looks as fine as ever! (fine as in finery;) ).

:Namaste:

I agree with Amy that it looks like the beginnings of a calcium deficiency. Even knowing that the calcium is in my soil because I add oyster shell and such to the build, I can deplete the available (able to be uptaken) calcium with a very hungry plant. RO and LED make them hungrier, and while adding microbes to work with the elements that are already in the soil is the long term solution, you need something more steady coming in for the hungry plants like this one. This was why calmag was developed; to slowly supplement with a readily available form of calcium in those cases where it is needed.

I did buy some calmag today but since it is just a few leaves I'm going to do some watchful waiting. I've been stressing her a lot with bending branches so I'll try to let her be and see what happens.

Thank you all for offering suggestions.

I also picked up the soil for another round of supersoil mixing but I'll have to wait on the worm castings to get here before getting to work on that.

I ordered the tent. It is a 120 x 60 x 80 inch from Oppolite. It was not my first choice but that was not available and had not been for weeks. Mars Hydro had a 96 x 48 but I wanted bigger. The quality of that offering gave me pause and I almost pulled the trigger on it. It you need a quality tent and the size is good then you should buy it. I saw a MH 9.5 x 4.3 ft but it was like a space saver and there was no actual product. I would have bought it without pause.

Thanks for the help.

since it is just a few leaves I'm going to do some watchful waiting
:hmmmm: I absolutely respect your decision Al, it’s your garden after all and often we learn best through experience and seeing the things that happen. If it were me, which it’s not, I would seek to “nip it in the bud” :Namaste:

ordered the tent.
:thumb: :popcorn:

Go for it @Alafornia because you will still get to witness the progression a bit and you fix your issue before it becomes a problem. Very smart advice from @Amy Gardner would be a shame to waste it.

And give a lil bit to my Nikita she will love it not to strong now she may be sensitive I don't know her as personally as you.

That is why in the end do what your head and heart tell ya to because you do know them personally. We only get the pics :(

I have the calmag now to use at any point. I'll be looking tonight to see if the problem worsens, remains unchanged, or perhaps improves. If worse then the answer seems obvious with two of the most knowledgeable and respected members giving me advice. If unchanged or better then waiting is a prudent option. I tried to be careful when doing the top watering but I'm always concerned about giving too much, especially since my water's pH is on the high end (slightly alkaline). If I wait and let the pH settle and things improve it may have been that. If it worsens then I likely need to use the calmag I picked up.

None of that is to argue the diagnosis or really even the solution, but to offer my logic in waiting a short period of time to see what happens.

:ciao:

Hey Al! And tangled!

Hope all is well in Alafornia land!

Stopped giving me notifications, but I found my way back no problem.

I see you bought a tent. Very cool! Excited to see what you get cookin in there! Doesn’t matter which one you got, as long as your happy with the decision. All that matters!

I’m really digging the way your plants are bushing out. You are going to be floored at the main colas they will push out!! Very exciting!

There’s a festival not far from my place right now, free music all weekend. I’m outside right now, listening to the concert sippin on a beer.

Any who! Just dropping in to say hey!!
:ciao:

Have a good weekend!

Back
Top Bottom