Alafornia's 1st Time Multistrain Medical Grow

I don’t know where I posted this before but a moth has eaten a couple of leaves and I see white flies.

I have neem oil and safer soap and thuricide.

Tips?
8A8C2BE7-F842-4A9E-BD32-B00DE89D5359.jpeg

I seem to be here again :laughtwo: this is what I would do... Use the neem you have mixed however it’s instructions direct, and if you can spray it this way to all plants.

Leafwash tech:thumb:

So I’m not saying you need that product at all (althoguth it is excellent and can be used in any kind of grow) I’m just sharing the video for the technique Doc demonstrates. I do it wearing nitrile gloves as I don’t want that stuff all over my hands! Neem stinks! My plants love it :D

I cover my light and half my tent with a plastic sheet for the operation too. I’m actually doing exactly this tonight as it’s always the last thing done before flipping to flower (can’t use neem once there’s frost ;) )

Not only will it kill stuff that’s there and help prevent their return, it will make the plants look pretty wonderful and provide a foliar feed as well :D everybody wins!

two of the most knowledgeable
Oh and :oops: I appreciate the appreciation :Namaste: I like to see myself as one of many cells in a larger organism of collective brain. We’re all learning through our exposure to each other’s collected experience and knowledge.
:nomo: :nerd-with-glasses:

Thanks, Amy. I had started that exact process when you responded and Tangled read it to me. I’ll have to watch the video in a bit. I sprayed bottoms of leaves then tops and soaked them all to drenched with neem oil and safer soap. I then added BT to the water and watered everyone. A couple got runoff but that wasn’t really my goal and the more or less full watering for most was just a day early. There’s a muncher somewhere and I hope I got it and any larvae.

Thanks again.

I went ahead and got a few pictures after spraying with the neem and safer soap and watering with the BT. Got one pic after lights out.

7804B509-B52C-4854-8531-7930E4B0C099.jpeg

7A1E0F61-286C-411B-B752-104A0F95A61C.jpeg

818B547F-8E4B-4A64-935C-4C15E8453ECA.jpeg

C86AEB3E-F3AC-454E-BABF-0F8C26548ADC.jpeg

3BF2D782-DE9A-438C-B173-54879F6717E5.jpeg

774F181A-0E7D-4F2B-918C-FB58B021EDF3.jpeg

73CA9110-18D9-4B57-9BA7-BB6D065429E6.jpeg

Nice weed bushes @Alafornia , sorry to hear you have bugs out west too...make it rain oily death! I have to hit my girls again today I think as well. Cheers mate, looking good! :yahoo:

Plants are looking great,Al !
I hope you get your critter problem solved-I've got (had?) little caterpillars on my outdoor
plant also- Safer caterpillar killer seems to be keeping them in check,at least so far....
But the moths visit every night to try and replenish the supply,so I'm going to have to keep after them from here on in.
Hopefully, the neem spray solves your problem -It's amazing how pests can find plants no matter where they're growing...

Morning update:

Still see some flies...well, uh, flying around. I had noticed some flying insect and just figured at first some got in from the outside.

So after spraying with neem/safer soap and watering with BT last night the plants look much better. There's more green in the leaves and the stems. The yellow edges in the leaves in MH1 are turning green again. They just look more lush.

I snapped a top branch on Westley and had to tape it up. Hopefully that heals well.

Prepare for bookoodles of pics.

Groups

Clones

Singles

I agree with Amy that it looks like the beginnings of a calcium deficiency. Even knowing that the calcium is in my soil because I add oyster shell and such to the build, I can deplete the available (able to be uptaken) calcium with a very hungry plant. RO and LED make them hungrier, and while adding microbes to work with the elements that are already in the soil is the long term solution, you need something more steady coming in for the hungry plants like this one. This was why calmag was developed; to slowly supplement with a readily available form of calcium in those cases where it is needed.

Thanks for helping out, Emilya.

Oh and I cannot wait for what a new tent will bring forth :thumb:

I'm pretty pumped about what is in store after I get it set up. Not looking forward to setting it up. :D

Hi Mr. A, I respect your decision. As a new grower, it makes sense to me. Observation, gut and knowledge all work together.
Have a great weekend.

Thank you. It turns out everyone was right. There was chlorosis but my gut did tell me something was not right about a simple deficiency. It did turn out to be a little more complicated. I don't know how I missed it before but the munched plant made it obvious we had critters and, in fact, it appears at least two types based on the evidence. I should have been spraying as a preventative all along and from now on I will. Neem ca be used through veg and IIRC BT can be sprayed all the way until harvest. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

:ciao:

Hey Al! And tangled!

Hope all is well in Alafornia land!

Stopped giving me notifications, but I found my way back no problem.

I see you bought a tent. Very cool! Excited to see what you get cookin in there! Doesn’t matter which one you got, as long as your happy with the decision. All that matters!

I’m really digging the way your plants are bushing out. You are going to be floored at the main colas they will push out!! Very exciting!

There’s a festival not far from my place right now, free music all weekend. I’m outside right now, listening to the concert sippin on a beer.

Any who! Just dropping in to say hey!!
:ciao:

Have a good weekend!

You miss a few and end up missing a lot. Happens to me, too.

I hope the tent is good quality. It has an obs window, metal connectors, plenty of double-socked drawstring with clasps ports for venting and electric so if the quality is there it should be a great tent.

I've been working on widening them and they have responded well. Looking forward to bloom. We aren't far away at all. The tent should get here just in time.

Hope you had a good time at the music festival and thanks for taking moment to drop in with me.

Hiya Ala, hope you get that lil muncher soon. Sorry, I had to get caught up again. Congrats on the new tent. Grow brother grow.

I was literally "singing" the Geto Boys song from the movie Office Space while spraying last night (from the scene where they were smashing the office equipment).

Thanks for coming by and sticking around to help out, Amy. It is appreciated.

Nice weed bushes @Alafornia , sorry to hear you have bugs out west too...make it rain oily death! I have to hit my girls again today I think as well. Cheers mate, looking good! :yahoo:

Thank you. All pests must die!

Plants are looking great,Al !
I hope you get your critter problem solved-I've got (had?) little caterpillars on my outdoor
plant also- Safer caterpillar killer seems to be keeping them in check,at least so far....
But the moths visit every night to try and replenish the supply,so I'm going to have to keep after them from here on in.
Hopefully, the neem spray solves your problem -It's amazing how pests can find plants no matter where they're growing...

Thanks, carcass. All pests must die!

I'm going to get a few garden sprayers today from the local hardware store. That should make spraying easier from now on.

Hope you had a good time at the music festival
I was enjoying it from the comfort of my own back yard lol never actually went to said concert. I could hear it from my backyard. I didn’t explain that very well at first.

:theband:

I've been working on widening them and they have responded well

Yeah it shows, they look good! Like you said, looking forward to watching them bloom!

Big difference in just one day. Lots more green.

Typical day lately with high in the upper eighties and RH as low as 11%.

I set the temp temp to 76 so the ac comes on at 78 and the heater at 68. A drop of only 2 degrees on the top and 4 at the bottom. In a few days I’ll lower that bottom temp by 2 degrees. That should help keep the flies in check.

A few pics.

Group

4FCF4D2E-FC05-461D-8208-C7460CBEA537.jpeg
65437FD5-4612-4BE6-9641-FC1C678F30E7.jpeg

Clones

C90D096D-1051-4899-BF34-9B81DA489445.jpeg
F0BF9BF0-9940-4E05-8843-722AC029B48E.jpeg

Selected singles:

Westley

AF11710C-2B26-43D7-B2C9-AFE8D37C0DD2.jpeg

Nikita

B1C9031E-5A71-440B-B985-220988C30BA4.jpeg

MH1

2FC1B2F4-4155-4A4B-8947-95DB1ACB1108.jpeg

Blueberry

11B35EA7-AD9F-4ADA-AC15-98CFFFA0C716.jpeg
E2ECFC0A-6791-41C6-A33D-F3D1951BDD96.jpeg

OG Kush CBD

F699FCE4-272C-409E-A9E6-CCBECB845317.jpeg

The taped branches are all doing well.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Ours was good.

Glad you had a good weekend! My last day off for my “short holiday away from work” is over after today. Was hoping for some nice weather. Alberta’s weather has been crap all summer long. Rain again for today... I guess it’s a bunker down and be lazy day.

Plants are looking good al!

Morning pic

984FE85A-84FD-4EB5-9454-D6E5BF55AF1E.jpeg

What a beautiful little family you have there, Al. I know you are proud. You know, once those things start flowering and frosting up, that tent will make a perfect backdrop for your family Christmas photo. Your relatives back home will think that y'all moved to California and joined the Manson family.

I was literally "singing" the Geto Boys song from the movie Office Space while spraying last night (from the scene where they were smashing the office equipment).
"Damn, It Feels Good to be a Gangsta" - love that movie and that song.

What a beautiful little family you have there, Al. I know you are proud. You know, once those things start flowering and frosting up, that tent will make a perfect backdrop for your family Christmas photo. Your relatives back home will think that y'all moved to California and joined the Manson family.

"Damn, It Feels Good to be a Gangsta" - love that movie and that song.

Thanks, FEF, but some people's thoughts aren't too far off from that. :D

I was thinking of Die MF Die. :D :D

Lunch quick pic

Smells good, in case you were wondering.
17BF835F-8438-47DF-AB75-B3E979358790.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom