Alien Hydroponic EasyFeed System

Thanks for the reply Cult. After staring at them for awhile I decided to have one more go at a good bend.
420-magazine-mobile1474319354.jpg
420-magazine-mobile586879864.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

hello cultivator,

i have been preparing for my first grow and i could use some advice. i have 3 questions.

i have a 2ftx4ft tent, scrog, top feed - rockwool -capn style

question1

shall i grow 1 plant or 2-3 smaller in the 2x4 space for better yields?

question2

what beneficial bacteria shall i use? recharge isn't available in the uk. any other easy to use/second best alternatives?

question3

would you give me an up to date nute recipe what could work well with my setup? i was going to follow the capn's guide but general hydroponics USA and Europe has different products and most of his recipe ingredients aren't available in the UK

thanks in advance
andy

i looked at the nut guide you made and it's perfect well written just what i needed , however i have one question. in the end you say this

"Hydro is exactly the same as above with 3 changes.

1st replace Ionic Coco Bloom with Ionic Hydro Bloom

2nd Base nutrient EC/PPM at each feed can be pushed an extra 0.2ec/100ppm if required

3rd PH should be between 5.5-6.0 throughout."

does my top feed rockwool considered as 'hydro' or shall i just stick to the 'coco' routine? sorry if this is a dumb question.

Hey cult day 7 of flip. Started "bottom feeding" day 10 of veg using the gravity and floats seems to be working fine. I am feeding every 4th day as that's what seems to be the dry cycle.

I obviously need a good defol and I'm wondering if I just take shade and undergrowth or should I balance the girls and take whatever I need to accomplish that?
420-magazine-mobile1151006706.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1035290714.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey Scoobynew,
Sorry I didn't respond, but I am still in PM jail.:straightface: as I haven't posted enough yet.... Anyway I took the liberty to copy/paste your questions here since Cult did start this as a Easyfeed thread (hope there's no sore toes).

How's the easy feed working
Hello mate if you don't mind me asking how are you finding the easy feed system your plants look good
Does it seem to water evenly between the closest and furthest away pots
What size system are you using

I am REALLY happy with it now that its all up and running. I have 3 rows of 12 that start watering at #1 and go to # 12. One row seems to go faster (oddly the furthest away from the tank) and it takes just under an hour for them all to fill, faster with a full tank. I was concerned that the uptake in #1 would cause it to come back in play before #12 got fed possibly resulting in #1 getting overfed, and there is probably some of that going on, but the floats work well at shutting off the flow and I don't see any adverse effects on the girls so not going to worry about it. I do think on the next run I will plumb them to start between 6 and 7 to get a more even initial distribution.

Yesterday they used right at 1 gallon PP (at 4.5 days since last feed) , and I know they are doing well as the transpiration has RH at 65% with a dehumidifier going and an outside RH of 20%. Bags are cool as I can reshuffle as I see fit and place on my cart to defol without killing my back, which I believe I will need to do again VERY soon. (see last post for pending question on defol)

I am wondering (anyone) if I can/should take my ties and sticks out now or if that will allow them too much upward mobility.? Thanks everyone for all your help!!!

:thanks:

Its coco. All but 2 are pretty much straight coco (forgot to keep a bag with name of manufacturer), topped off the all the easyfeed bags with a small amount of foxfarm coco blend (coco blended with vermiculite and some great white type additives).

I have 2 that are straight FF and aren't doing well at all, they seem to have a drying issue, wet and heavy even after 3 days.

So if I were to feed daily, then I would really have to chop the amount as the bags are still wet and heavy after a "full tray" feeding for at least 2 days.... (started at 64 ounces every 2 days then went to 120 ounces every 3 days) now at a full gallon.

I have to admit I was a bit freaked about going till day 4.5 to feed but I had no choice as I was gone for the day 3 feed (normal time), but the leaves didn't have a bit of droop, (like I expected) and they sucked up a gallon each (in about 2 hours for full uptake of full tray of water). I swear they grew 6 inches today alone. (now starting to worry about head room).

I am assuming that as they get bigger they will take more feed and was anticipating shortening the interval, but the dry time seems to drive the feed time correct?

The other thing that keeps going through my head is that even if I have fantastic plant results, that means nothing without quality and yield.

This is all so interesting and engaging, (cant wait to say hi to my girls every morning ) just don't want to kill them off :thumb:

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the answer tiger
Is there no way the floats can be adjusted so the plants receive less water cuz I'm with cult only time I've seen ppl watering every 4 days is ppl using coco beds but ya plants do look good
they don't need a clean up yet I can still see the floor in that pic lol
What size pots are they

Scoob - They are 25 liter bags, and yes the floats are adjustable, currently running WFO, but I can raise them so thy shut with only half the amount of feed and feed every other day, or really squeeze them and just barely give them any daily....

I will wait to undress them, shooting for day 21 (although I have a feeling that I will have a forest by the ..lol), still not quite sure if I am taking only shade and non productive under growth, or if I do a air/light/balance trim (like lacing a tree in late spring) that takes whatever is necessary to accomplish that?????

I am really starting to see that this is an art wrapped around science.....

Thanks for the props folks, :thanks: means a lot to a first timer.

Most ppl pull any sucker branches that won't amount to anything after stretch an few fan leaves here an there to let bid sites through
Cults got his pruning game worked out
For my last 3-4 grows I've been stripping any leaf with a stem and leaving all branches on it seems to let even the bottom buds get dense it has made my yield go up on average by 20-30% but still not as good as cult lol
I'm not advising you to strip every leaf just saying what has been working for me
Some ppl will flat out disagree but when you read as many journals as me you will see there's ppl hitting big yields stripping and ppl hitting big yields not stripping so everything comes down to what works for you situation
If cult don't mind Ile get ya a pic of 1 room I have before and after you will see how the room was barely able to get in and water now after strip it looks like I could of got a lot more plants in

We need cult on with a new grow let's start a petition

Subbed I've just finished a 36 pot iws grow 600w led and 600w hps over every 4 pots. Purple bud looking at 4 kilo minimum

Sent from my SM-J320FN using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom