Rider509: Two Thais & G13

Actually I usually find trimming them surprisingly easy. There's no sugar leaf to confuse the issue- and the bud leaves are small and skinny and not very many of them. Hack hack up the sides and that's usually it. It dries into quite light fluffy buds.

It dries into quite light fluffy buds.
Fluffy? God I hope not. These things are bricks! If I don't end up with over two pounds from this plant I'm turning in my hoe and bib overalls.

Thai- bricks? Probably not. Fluffy bricks I guess. Staring at your latest pic I'd say it's past where I usually harvest. That's why it's getting sort of leafy looking (to me anyway)

Over 22 years of poking holes in people. Good thing I got that Electrical Engineering degree! Still trying to figure out what I wanna be when I grow up. Not a farmer. Definitely not a farmer.

I say don't worry about the trichomes or the pistils. Pure sativas don't always act the same as indicas. It will never just stop growing. I've let them go past 16 weeks and there were still white pistils, but they sneakily turn more leafy and do some sort of reveg thing

Heres a couple of pictures of one of the colas off of my MTTS. These were taken when it was cut at 15 weeks into flower, (16.5 weeks from flip). You can see one side of the cola has brown pistils and showed ready while the other side has foxtailed and continued to grow. The whole plant was doing this. The more the existing growth matured the more new growth there was, just like weasel said. Might as well get her down, I don't think it will ever finish on its own and be any better that what you have now.

It's quite possible you'd see a more conclusive finish if you dropped the lighting down to 10/14 or 9/15 towards the end. It would be interesting to see the difference. But since I have all stages of plants going in flowering as a perpetual grow- I kind of have to leave it at 11/13

I don't know the specific genetics of this strain but the seasonal daylight in southern Thailand only varies by less than 45 minutes from solstice to solstice. The north gets a couple hours.

If you're on a steady 12-12 lighting - that doesn't necessarily give the plant any nudge towards thinking it's time to finish - for an equatorial sativa it could be more like the opposite - it's stuck in the same time of year the whole time. Yes -they'll flower when they get mature enough as plants on the equator do- and eventually that flowering phase will reach an ideal state before degenerating- but it's never going to be the obvious spring-summer-fall cycle that you'll see with an indica.

Heres a couple of pictures of one of the colas off of my MTTS. Might as well get her down, I don't think it will ever finish on its own and be any better that what you have now.
Holy mutated batshit, Batman! That's a crazy looking flower. And judging by both of our results I think the next time I grow this I'll chop when it begins to freak out and throw foxtails.

Yes -they'll flower when they get mature enough as plants on the equator do- and eventually that flowering phase will reach an ideal state before degenerating- but it's never going to be the obvious spring-summer-fall cycle that you'll see with an indica.
That makes perfect sense, Weasel. With that thought in mind I think the plant is telling us it is finished when it starts to throw foxtails and bananas. It'd be interesting to follow a more natural flowering cycle for one grow just to see the results.

Thanks, guys! The MTTS has been a pleasure to grow.
edit: for reference, this plant is 13 weeks since flip

Drop temps to 70 max, set lights to 10/14 see what happens...
Next time I will. But now they're being flushed and given a 36 hour dark period in prep for harvest.

What you're looking at here is a dedicated budbox crafted from the finest cardboard. Chosen for its immediate availability and fortunate size this budbox will be the testbed for the "shrinkage factor." No expense has been spared in constructing this non-hermetically sealed, completely uncontrolled drying chamber.
Now I know what I want for Christmas

If anyone cares, the Thaibodian bud lost 30% of its water weight in 24 hours. It's now sitting at 14 grams. 45%rH and 70F in the budbox. 75% to 80% weight loss is typical so "that prick's" prediction of 4 grams at cure weight is just him spouting internet knowledge.
edited for Tunkers

Back
Top Bottom