I've been away from the forums for a few days and am now trying to catch up. Just wanted to say a quick "Hi". :ciao:
I've also bookmarked your links from Thursday. :thanks:

heya gardener Gardner,,

karma sent from the sunny okanagan,,

thot i would post a pic of the painting i was working on,, it finally got finished and i thot you might enjoy it,, so

i took the photograph of the painting outside this morning,, i love the natural light on the colours,,they look,, well, natural,, ha

cheers gardener gardner,,

Update: State of the Garden

I was tempted to skip this one since everyone is still in recovery (from starvation and mite spray burn). The Gardner is still recovering from the shelter build! I’ve been able to do a couple of foliars recently tho and it’s great to have those back on track. So, a mini update with the iPhone camera will do, to see how things are getting back on track. Green is returning to leaf and stem - much more than I expected actually.

There is mite treatment burn all over all plants to varying degrees. Candida still looks pretty good despite this and is regaining some colour after the starvation fade. Lost a bucket-load of fans :eek: but still has enough to get through I think!

Cationic drenches start today which is going to be perfect for the lovely Candida CD-1.
B404FF3A-B0C9-41C9-86BC-04777177CC74.jpeg

8F5E829D-A2BD-431F-96D7-721A7DE6DC07.jpeg

It seems fitting to me that the Candida gets the Cat at this ideal time - right when the buds are having a growth spurt (that is Duggan’s favourite Cat window - during budswell). It is probably the most important plant in the garden in terms of medicine.

The colas on Critical Mass are massing! It’s going to be a super late CAT for this one so I’m curious to see what happens. It’s mostly for pain and sleep meds so I’m happy to push it out to 9 weeks (breeder says 6-8, we’re at 7 now) to try this. And I can pull it at any time if bud rot threatens.

721562E1-87DC-4F39-905E-C6FD9792A53B.jpeg

12F83F58-AE91-4144-9DD0-1DECBE7D7ECB.jpeg

7E7BD17F-1502-4A9A-93E0-C36CBC6DA557.jpeg

The White Widow in the 13.5g pot is doing fine - although the buds are super super leafy and it makes me wonder if it’s a good strain for outdoors here, becasue of the humidity at this time. It’s not under cover yet so has had a bit more rain. I’m mildly concerned about bud rot and a haven’t had a chance to inspect it thoroughly for more than a week. We’re approaching the task of some kind of rain shelter for it over the next few days. Here’s one bud...

BF2F7F6A-5776-471C-BDC4-634CB0207B9A.jpeg

And here, a full shot with the others just behind. I actually took this shot becasue I was marvelling at all the different greens. All the non-cannabis plants get treated with the High Brix kit products. Small amounts of teh drenches and whatever os left of the foliars.

Recently Graytail was trying to articulate what he found in the differences between High Brix and other weed in terms of effects and one of teh things he mentioned was a kind of a sense tht the high was more ‘itself’ - like there is distinctive personality in the effects. I like this a lot. I think it’s a direct reflection of the way that HB growing has been shown to give plants the best chance at reaching their genetic potential. Looking at all these HB treated plants and seeing the richness of all their different colours of green made me think of that as well. Genetic expression. The photo is not so great as a photo (none are today - just quick and dirty phone snaps ;) ) - but every the nasturtiums look Brixy!

688666D2-76C3-4019-87A7-98366CF566DA.jpeg

You can all probably tell I’m pretty tired! :laughtwo: I didn’t get a critter photo this week but I have one from a busy week a little while ago. We have these very small little lizards in the garden enclosure, hunting ants and spiders and whatever else! I inclueded one in this photo dump a while back to show the entrance to what must be their lizard palace, at teh edge of the semiburnt stump of a very big old gumtree root system. They also like to hang out in the outlet pipes of the wicking rased beds :love:

EB91851E-9014-45E2-8F4F-1238EB2AEE1F.jpeg

Next weeks update will be post both CAT drenches for all :thumb:

See y’all around the boards! :Namaste:

heya gardener Gardner,,

thot i would post a pic of the painting i was working on,, it finally got finished and i thot you might enjoy it,, so

P1170442.JPG

i took the photograph of the painting outside this morning,, i love the natural light on the colours,,they look,, well, natural,, ha
Oh :thanks: for sharing it here! I just love it :love: ANd I haven’t had a chance to visit the thread so I’m stoked you brought it here :)

:passitleft:

heya gardener Gardner,,

cheers gardener gardner,,
This is a gorgeous painting! Looks so life like! :goodjob:

Garden looks on point as well Amy!

Hey AG gardens looking good! Next update,post cats should be interesting.
That white widow is a leafy one huh? I’ve grown to like less leafy plants and consider this when deciding to keep clones or not. Easier to trim and all that Jazz.

Yah - that kind of leafiness in the bud structure is not so desirable to me - especially outdoors. And yes, it’s potentially a trimming nightmare :eek:

Still an amazing plant and has been the whole time so we’ll see how it fills out. Snipped a little bit of rot off it yesterday, at the back and no longer getting any sun either so I took the whole small branch - time to inspect every day (as far as humanly possible). :nerd-with-glasses:

Just keep inspecting the buds and pull any leaf that looks crispy or brownish. There you usually find bud rot behind.

Thanks Conradino :smokin: nice to see you in the garden :D

Thats a good tip to look for crunchy spots - it’s tricky wiht these because I burnt them with some foliar a while back so there are crispy dried leaf edges all over. I keep thinking things are a rot site, but there’s nothing - thank goodness! It’s a slightly differnt brown to the tell-tale budrot look tho - for the most part.

We’re having really warm dry winds today and all night last night - that should help! :thumb:

Critical Mass is holding up really well considering it’s resistance to rot is not that great and i’m Pushing it later in the season. In these parts most folks say it’s just a matter of minimising how much you hav to pull becasue of it. Last season i heard lots of folks lost their crops to rot - so I did pretty well. I thin i lost about an ounce worth (out of nearly 16oz) so that’s not bad around here. And i didnt have rain shelters last year either.

Wish i could just hold on to these warm dry winds for a few weeks!

Hi there Madd! Thansk for dropping by. Yes i did expect the Candida to get taller than it is and taller than the CBD Critical Cure I grew last year - esp. seeing as that was an ‘indica’ and this is a ‘sativa’. I’m Putting it down in part to the starvation that happened (not deliberately) just at the end of veg and into the first few weeks of flower. I’d say its about a foot shorter than the CBDCC and not as laden. I got about 6oz of that CC and was hoping for close to that this year but I’ve revised that and think I’ll probably get about 4oz. That’s my guess right now. I still have a couple of oz of the CBD CC so 4oz Candida, with its much much higher levels of CBD, should last me well enough.

Oh and hey everyone...
Don’t forget to VOTE in the contests!
:cheer:

Voter count seems a little down this month so if you haven’t yet... git over there! :surf:

Mini Update

It absolutely bucketed rain overnight. Thankfully, yesterday I hired in some help for an hour and the White Widow finally got some rain cover!

I have had to snip of some areas becasue of botrytis. One at the back, and another on one of the long central branches. Funny story, I saw the budrot at the top of a cola and then when I was inspecting it to decide where to chop, I saw a fanleaf halfway down that was hanging dead - just like they do when there is budrot - and I thought: “sheeez it’s got the whole stem!” So, I removed the whole stem - because you have to treat budrot like cancer and chop way below it. Once I had it in my hands i realised the hanging dead leaf had just been broken :rofl: . Upshot of that is that there was much less rot than I thought and I now have about 3/4 of an early harvested WW branch hanging in the drying tent!

Interestingly, I opened out the rest of the pant to fill the gap I’d made by removing it and I can hardly tell i took off a branch. Plus, there’s better airflow now. :thumb:

This mini-update was really just to share the WW safely undercover from the rain. It was a fantastic feeling when I woke in the middle of the night to hammering rains - without that sinking feeling. Happily knowing everyone is undercover now.

Can’t not include just a couple bud pics, tho! Between CATs

No critter today, but something else environmental. I did Brix foliars yesterday morning and the sky was absolutely doing @Heavenly Hybrid’s avatar for me the whole time! You were totally in the garden with me yesterday, HH! I didn’t capture before it had dissipated and half blown away - but still, nice morning ambience.

View media item 1666959
Wishing all a beautiful day :meditate: :ganjamon:

I think you must be right. I was also impressed with the size and color of WW when I saw them - especially the color - that's gotta be underfeeding, right?

You mean yes, that underfeeding is why the rased bed plants are smaller?

The WW is a beast and the bud building is thick and juicy! :eek: Not quite ideal for a humid outdoor autumn. Very thick leafy juicy structure. Juicy is the only word that describes it. Very different to anything I’ve seen before - the buds themselves just seem ‘wetter’ , which is why ‘juicy’ keeps coming to mind. I have fed it maybe on the heavy side - using 1.5-2ml per gal of soil. Hoping i can get most of it through to finish! Only a couple of weeks to go hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom