Amy Gardner Of Eden v1.1: Outdoor 420 Featuring Star Pupil x WeaponX, PCK, Lilly & Purple Satellite

great for small batches,
Oh wow! I hadn’t realised that at all - that the Nova can infuse - and small batches were the only thing missing from my ovenless process. Thanks Luiz!
:high-five:
decarb and infuse at the same time.
:thumb: :thanks:

I feel like the cycle time of 2 hrs is very short, for an infusion. I’d be tempted to run it multiple times. Interested what folks think about that :hmmmm:

I feel like the cycle time of 2 hrs is very short, for an infusion. I’d be tempted to run it multiple times. Interested what folks think about that :hmmmm:
I once felt that way as well. However a few months back I submitted some flower and some oil made with the same flower to a lab for testing. The infusion actually came out better than my estimation.

Also, there's a recent video on Ardent's website where they infused at 40 mins, 60 mins, and at one full cycle (approx 1:45). They found nearly zero difference in infusion efficiency between all times, suggesting that only 40 mins was long enough.

nearly zero difference in infusion efficiency between all times, suggesting that only 40 mins was long enough.
:eek: Get. Out! :D This just keeps getting better. I can easily use it for my small cosmetic oil infusions... Best thing i ever bought then! :slide:

We’re evacuated already. Closer to the sea - I could hear it a bit last night - and further away from danger zones. Looking at the forecast I can’t see that this spot would come under threat, unlike our previous evacuation spot. I’m worried for those folks this weekend. All that said, weather doesn’t always do what’s predicted, and even lesss so when fires take off... so we’ll just see what happens.

I once felt that way as well. However a few months back I submitted some flower and some oil made with the same flower to a lab for testing. The infusion actually came out better than my estimation.

Also, there's a recent video on Ardent's website where they infused at 40 mins, 60 mins, and at one full cycle (approx 1:45). They found nearly zero difference in infusion efficiency between all times, suggesting that only 40 mins was long enough.

I thought I read on @SweetSue's Cannabis Oil Study Hall that longer infusions were better??? Did I imagine it, @InTheShed? You know I'm often high when perusing the threads. :laughtwo:

I thought I read on @SweetSue's Cannabis Oil Study Hall that longer infusions were better??? Did I imagine it, @InTheShed? You know I'm often high when perusing the threads. :laughtwo:
Luiz was posting specifically about using the Nova Lift to infuse. I know the Nova has a pressurising feature as that’s how it decarb’s so efficiently. I’m going to guess that infusing in it is maybe more efficient than in a jar in the oven, or the MBII machine, where time is needed. :)

Luiz was posting specifically about using the Nova Lift to infuse. I know the Nova has a pressurising feature as that’s how it decarb’s so efficiently. I’m going to guess that infusing in it is maybe more efficient than in a jar in the oven, or the MBII machine, where time is needed. :)

That makes sense. Thanks, Amy.

That's how I have heard it, going back to OldBear leaving his in the oven by accident for a week to Derby's recent experience with longer-term chilling and 3 runs, resulting in a high unlike he had ever gotten before from the MB2. I know that pressure is the new kid on the block (Nova and the Instant Pot), but we haven't found anyone with the means or the equipment to run side-by-sides on the MB2 with multiple runs vs. pressure for a short time.

But with more and more empirical evidence we can start to come to some conclusions!

Doob and I were talking recently and he’s feeling like the Nova Lift is a like mini Instant Pot. It’d be nice for small batches, which is a lot of what someone like me does. I like the fact that I can use the IP for the same thing and cook in it too.

Though to be honest, the only thing I’ve used my IP for since I purchased it two years ago was to make infused cannabis oil. :laughtwo:

Incidentally, I’ve begun making all my oils up to a month in advance and letting them sit unstrained until needed. We don’t know what’s happening, but there’s no denying the oil is more potent.

I've had a jar of oil in the fridge for over a year now ... what would we expect from that?

Does it still have the original plant matter from the infusion in the jar?

Ah. No. Good point.

I'm just wondering what its potency might be, since I used 2 year old jarred herb that hadn't been manually decarbed. I figured 2 years was good enough, but I haven't found anyone to agree with me. :cheesygrinsmiley:

So ... dunno what to think. It would have been roughly 15mg/ml if decarbed.

Speaking of time, just FYI for folks, I gave some of my first batch of topical oil t some friends. That was about April 2017 I think. They were a bit blasé about it and i never really heard much. Over the last year once or twice some news that it had helped came filtering in. Last week they contacted me becasue a guest had tried some and was over the moon and wanted some (I’m going to show him how to make it). That means that after more than 18months, being stored i don’t know how, it is still good. Hasn’t gone off, still smells of nice afghan and still works :thumb:

That’s not relevant to the other discussion about infuse times, steeping, multiple cycles, pressure etc. and their effect on potency. Just a tidbit about the life of these oils. It was a grapeseed/fractionated coconut oil base. Good to know that has good shelf life. :)

Ah. No. Good point.

I'm just wondering what its potency might be, since I used 2 year old jarred herb that hadn't been manually decarbed. I figured 2 years was good enough, but I haven't found anyone to agree with me. :cheesygrinsmiley:

So ... dunno what to think. It would have been roughly 15mg/ml if decarbed.
I’m going to agree with ‘them’. There would have been some partial decarb’ In that time, but not much. If it were me I’d gently heat it the way S’Sue does until the bubbles settle. Otherwise i don’t think it would be particularly potent. Still full of good stuff tho. Have you tested iT ever?

Back
Top Bottom