Amy Gardner Of Eden v1.1: Outdoor 420 Featuring Star Pupil x WeaponX, PCK, Lilly & Purple Satellite

What a difference from a few hours ago!
Blue skies
Smiling at me
Nothing but blue skies
Do I see.
IKR! Advantage of being very close to the sea and ripping north easterly winds. Those winds are causing problems in other places tho :oops: And are not really ideal for our little Eden up the hill. No news is good news tho - our neighbour said she’s keep us posted if anything comes to pass there. Some intense activity going on not very far south and west of here, where inland winds and ocean winds meet.

It’s a very strange feeling. Being safe and knowing that all hell is breaking loose in familiar places not very far away.

Didn’t Grow Goddess do a long term infusion?
I think I did a 4-6 month infusion at one point in grape seed oil. I know I did a long one left it in the cabinet. I can’t find my info just now. It is a charm for head aches.

I have some topical oils that're almost a year old now, stored in my very cold fridge. Dang! Wouldn’t it be nice to have some home testing equipment worth the price?

I also have some brownie oil, unstrained of course, that’s been steeping in the fridge for over two months, I believe. Those ought to be potent goodies when I get that batch made. I’d sure like to find out what’s going on when we steep our oils that makes them more potent. I’m pretty sure it’s not increasing THC values, but there’s no denying the increased effect.

Amy, that last picture was a joy. You’ll never take blue skies for granted again, will you? :hug::hug::hug:

@Graytail, you don’t have any comfrey root for that fractured hand? A daily poultice would do wonders to rebuild a strong hand. It’ll knit those bones right back together.

One of Magnus8's infusion techniques. He mentioned a ~2 month infusion. Growgoddes had a natural decarb technique. Pretty sure I de->carbed my flower and let it go 6 months in a dark cabinet in my grapeseed oil mix. It might have been longer maybe 8-9 mth but less than a year. It was from my initial chop of zamaldelica, i just had so much of the flower I did a second infusion with fresh flower and let it sit cause I had plenty topical oil from the first infusion.
Just forget about it till you find it again.

:peace:
here it is strained and ready to rock

Update: the one with Amy’s bit on the side :battingeyelashes:

Ooof! Are we tired yet?

Back from the 5th evacuation (4 from home, 1 from the safe house in town the day that got hit) and very, very happy to be home again :love:

So, to the garden!

Back on December 27 I dropped a seed for THC Bomb Auto in one of our raised wicki-beds that we use for veggie growing (documented here and here).

2D42AE29-4125-4718-84EF-8C7A14EBAAA8.jpeg

That’s Doc Bud ‘Roots!’ powder, mycorrhizae, you can see sprinkled around the hole (it’s meant to just go in it, but I’m pretty generous with it :battingeyelashes: (i.e., I slipped, lol!)

It’s a freebie from when Bomb Seeds were a sponsor and they say it is “one of the most powerful and high yielding autoflowering strains available“. This is the usual hype you’d expect from a breeder, I know, but the photo version THC Bomb is a high producing strain and I wanted an auto that might be able do something outdoors and Bomb Seeds say it goes ok indoors and out, so it seemed a good candidate.

After evacuation number 1, which was 2 weeks long, I was really amazed to see that it had popped up and was actually growing quite well. Quite incredible considering that any sun that was out back then was shrouded in heavy smoke for weeks, not to mention that a wildfire - an actual firestorm, not just a regular bushfire - came within 300m of it so temps would have been extremely high on that day. Plus, hot days, cold nights and many cold smokey days after the firestorm.

I didn’t pay it much attention once we got back as I was concentrating on getting the photo-kids into the raised bed and I was not functioning very well! Oh yeah - plus, there was another evacuation and another fire that came even closer (within 20m of house and garden).

Last Wednesday I realised that it still hadn’t started to flower and was about 7” or so tall with quite a few little side shoots. This is pretty good for any auto, so outside and under these conditions, it’s pretty impressive. We were about to evac. again that night and I decided to be fully positive about being back home after the weekends severe weather, so I laid it flat...

1E4873E9-4B9B-4E70-A96F-972E4DA9D278.jpeg

THC BOMB AUTO 29 Jan 2020
101D5C68-A9BD-4E97-87D2-E4AD9FCB8CAC.jpeg

I don’t think I’ve ever had an auto grow that big without any signs of flower so that’s a good sign right there and I’m happy to have a few seeds left of this one.

So, off we went for a few days to our little hotel by the sea, abandoning the house and garden to their fate - which turned out to be good :D

Yesterday, a week later, that little auto looked like this:
5A6A7B8D-27B0-4DC2-917D-D4A5B10F61D8.jpeg

82E5062F-A8CE-4120-AB52-BFF500887BE5.jpeg

71566DDB-EA9C-4053-AE77-772791312820.jpeg

LIttle flower buds coming in on all the tops and some pretty healthy looking potential. For an auto that gets about 6hrs direct sun a day, hasn’t really been ‘fed’ yet and has lived through 2 firestorms, I’m damn impressed.

You may also have noticed a little something behind the THC Bomb. Remember Lillymut? The original Lilly seed that didn’t grow for ages with a weird triploid mutation thing going on? Well, I couldn’t kill it and it just sat in a tiny little pot, smaller than a solo cup, for ages until I noticed that it was still alive and that it had grown out of it’s funkiness a little bit. I transplanted it next to the THC Bomb and laid it over a bit as well. It gets even less sun at the moment, but once the beans finish that will change and it may even produce a little bud or 2 - that’d be fun :laughtwo:

9AAE9CE0-0EE9-44BB-89E0-21D083C72E2D.jpeg

It’s a little hard to see because The THC Bomb stem is right there in the background. Base of Lilly stem is on the left, tip is on the right. And from above...

DEA6212D-19A3-4F32-B7EC-49281D78BAEA.jpeg

Not a lot, but not nothing!

The kids in the raised bed are doing ok. Still not a lot of vigour but flowering seems to be getting started in earnest. We’ve had a big increase in whitefly population since the last heatwave and that’s a bit overwhelming out there - usual natural balances are not really happening and we haven’t been here to maintain it.

In the last 2 weeks they’ve had a hearty Growth Ionic drench, a LeafWash, some rain (about 6mm, not much) and then a Trans/water a couple of days ago. No Brix spray for ages - if at all actually. Not much point when they’re struggling I don’t think - and the Leaf Wash has had to take precedence in any case. They did get Destress aplenty, early on.

Late in the day photo - they get full sun for 5-7 hours and dappled sun through the late afternoon. Clockwise from front left: PCK, PS, Lilly, SP x WX.
296EAF2F-C872-4C2A-AB5A-4E1128547FC0.jpeg

Purple Satellite is only going to have about 3 colas i think, but i expect them to be beautiful! Lilly has a veritable mass of side branching, but is a bit pale and a bit droopy a lit of the time. This has improved a little and will hopefully improve again after the next drench, which will be a full Transplant drench. I may make it a very strong one to give the whole bed a big boost. Both the indicas at the front are looking more vigorous. PCK has lots of good looking side branching and the SP x WX has lots of shoots too, but they’re still very short.

The ones I topped I topped too late, so growth forms are all a bit out of whack. But I’ll do what i can to maximise their access to sunlight and feel very stoked that I still have some plants, and that they’re starting to flower.

I’ll get some better shots of them in sun and stuff soon i promise!
We have some serious rain predicted for later this week :woohoo: . Finally, some decent tropical activity in the northwest is generating some water for us down in the southeast - the way is usually does... we’re right on the edge of the forecast zone so fingers crossed that we get a decent amount of it!

Critter of the week this week has to go to this cheeky fantail who asked me if i would please send this one on the Prime Minister for him! :laughtwo:

BD975259-3926-4BA8-96B3-450D0EFCCA5D.jpeg

Now that’s flipping the bird!

Happy wake-n-bakes, morning canna-coffees, mid-morning tokes, lunchtime Medibles, joint fuelled walks in the forest, afternoon can tea followed by naps followed by more wake-n-bake delights, evening tokes over dinner and telly and bedtime hash treats to all!

That sounds pretty good actually - I think that’s my day :ciao:

:love:
:Namaste:

What a lovely post-fires (I hope) update! Amazing that you have anything at all much less a bunch of pretty plants that will give you the best they can given the circumstances.

I have two strains with THC Bomb mixed in them and they are both solid in different ways. The Berry Bomb (also from Bomb Seeds) is a real knockout! And that auto really wants to come through.

It's nice that even the wildlife is telling the PM to kiss its ass :cheesygrinsmiley:.

What happy news to share. :hug::hug::hug:

The drive to survive is unquenchable, it appears. :yahoo:

I have two strains with THC Bomb mixed in them and they are both solid in different ways. The Berry Bomb (also from Bomb Seeds) is a real knockout! And that auto really wants to come through.

@InTheShed
Have you by chance ever grown Gorilla Bomb Feminized from Bomb Seeds? I have a half dozen of them sprouted hoping for the best come harvest.
I grew two each of their THC Bomb Feminized & Ice Bomb Feminized strains last season and was very pleased in the end. :cheesygrinsmiley:

What a lovely post-fires (I hope) update!
Thanks buddy. We really hope so too. We do sense it might be over but that might also be being driven by our sheer exhaustion and wanting it to be over. Yesterday we honestly felt like - if we get an evacuation notice now, we’re not going and it will be what it will be.

We are told not to be complacent, and instinct says that too, so bags will remix a packed until February passes, and maybe a little into march.

Significant rain this week will definitley help with the sense of it being in the past.

@InTheShed
Have you by chance ever grown Gorilla Bomb Feminized from Bomb Seeds? I have a half dozen of them sprouted hoping for the best come harvest.
I grew two each of their THC Bomb Feminized & Ice Bomb Feminized strains last season and was very pleased in the end. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Sorry CM, I haven't. The two crosses I have are the Berry Bomb, and one that Rooster made a few years back from GG#4, THC Bomb, and Sour Diesel. That one would be closest but for the Sour Diesel.

I named it Sour G and it certainly is a hit with my crowd. I keep a mother on hand in case anyone needs a clone.

Thanks buddy. We really hope so too. We do sense it might be over but that might also be being driven by our sheer exhaustion and wanting it to be over. Yesterday we honestly felt like - if we get an evacuation notice now, we’re not going and it will be what it will be.

We are told not to be complacent, and instinct says that too, so bags will remix a packed until February passes, and maybe a little into march.

Significant rain this week will definitley help with the sense of it being in the past.

I had to evacuate my home and gardens for a few days myself at the end of last Oct. due to the wildfires in our county. Talk about stress having to gather up the pets and leave most everything else behind except for the essentials. Next time, and there will be a next time trust me, I'm just going to ride it out and only leave if I can see the fire heading my direction.

It really is! All the while we were monitoring the fireground here, it was very stressful, everytime the winds picked up there were things needing put out, for days. All the while tho’ the peacefulness you sense was also there. And the mornings are mostly beautifully still.

It will feel like a wake for sometime i think, the amount of forests and critters of all kinds gone, but the peacfulness here is a wonderful salve and only a little bit of rain sees green begin to return.

I had to evacuate my home and gardens for a few days myself at the end of last Oct. due to the wildfires in our county. Talk about stress having to gather up the pets and leave most everything else behind except for the essentials. Next time, and there will be a next time trust me, I'm just going to ride it out and only leave if I can see the fire heading my direction.
Totally. We cant move quickly tho so that why we leave early. And do keep abreast of the moisture in the landscape (or lack of it). That wasnt talked about here as openly as it should have been, extreme lack of moisture in the forests, and many folks were caught off guard by fires that moved very much faster than usual.

On the 30 Dec, my sister was told to be out of her place by 7am on NYE. She has horses so got things moving the afternoon before. Moved 3 horses down the mountian and was out of her house by 7pm, 12 hours earlier than the ‘safe’ time to leave by. Her house burnt down at 2am.

2 fires that day travelled on more than just the wind. Hot layers of air up above were holding the fire in, so pressure builds up in that zone and the fire, like water, finds its way out however it can. Pushed by the pressure of it’s own forces, or something like that. Over a hundred ha in a couple of hours. All the experienced fire fighters have been very gobsmaked by the things they’ve seen in the fire behaviours.

I’m still sitting with that incredible feeling of wonderfully-good fortune and deep tragedy. Both are true.

Glad to see eden is doing well and your home to over see things. Hope ya stay put from now on but if they say go please go. :hug:
Oh we will! That was just the exhaustion talking :passitleft: :hug:

I’ve been lying here feeling like I can smell coffee for about an hour. Better go make one! I took my oils (1:1) at about 7am, like usual, so it’s definitely time for some Bubba Hash with a touch of DDA in the bubbler... and to then make the coffee!

Back
Top Bottom