Amy Gardner Of Eden v1.1: Outdoor 420 Featuring Star Pupil x WeaponX, PCK, Lilly & Purple Satellite

Nice to hear from you, Amy. I am incredibly proud of you. You're dealing with a truly awful situation as cheerfully and as best as you can and you are a very brave and strong woman and you will get through this.

:hug: :love: :hug: :circle-of-love::hug::love::hug:

:yahoo::theband::thanks:relieved...

Slab ...

across the globe right to you...
:circle-of-love::cheer::hug::Namaste:

:hug:

IKR - :laughtwo: I had only written “slab” at first and then thought, hang-on, maybe that’s a ‘local’ term :hmmmm: folks won’t know it’s lots of beer. I think it’s 24 small bottles (called stubbies here). Weird words. I don’t drink, so it’s all weird to me. The dude was pretty happy with what we chose - a traditionally brewed ale from south Aus.

And thank you deeply. Things are a little frayed this week :Namaste:

o_O:thanks::Namaste:
That’s great to hear Amy. I think during events like what you’re all dealing with, even a non smoker might be inclined to take a toke! I’m glad you’ve found such support during this ordeal. Surprisingly, you’re probably making quite a few new smoking buddies! Sending love for you and lovely!! :love: :hug: :love:
:green_heart: :hug: :green_heart:
incredibly proud of you ... a truly awful situation as cheerfully and as best as you can ... brave and strong ... will get through this.
:hug: thanks Hash Girl. It is well appreciated, all that you say. It’s also very nice to have you in the garden - regardless the circumstances
Thankful to hear ... love and positive vibes :circle-of-love:
Thanks Archi bud :circle-of-love: we are also very thankful.

It’s a very strange psycho-emotional state, feeling so besieged and so fortunate at the same time. :hmmmm: That’s one layer, anyway...

By way of a mini update; All the plants got a Leaf Wash this morning. Before Christmas, I bought myself a new Solo Sprayer, the very smallest one with just 1L capacity. This meant I was able to make up half a litre only and still get really good pressure and also that it wasn’t very heavy to wield at all :thumb:. That was exactly enough to soak the four small vegging plants and a couple of autos I have tossed around in the wicking beds. We’ll see those ones if they look like they amount to much - they’re actually looking better than I expected at this stage considering the lack of light. The wash has made them look wonderful of course and should hopefully keep the grasshoppers of them a bit. I’m stoked the little nibblers haven’t completely taken them down actually, there must be some level of brix in there :)

I’m still hanging back for them to dry out until I can give them a hearty drench (GI). I keep expecting to see the signs they might be ready but there they were this morning, looking all sparky. ... That sounded like the preamble to a photo didnt it? Sorry there isnt one - except in my mind. Things are very one-thing-at-a-time ATM so Leaf Wash and phone/camera definitley don’t mix!

:love:
:passitleft:

Hi,Amy...it's so good to have you back and posting again!

Three of my town's best firefighters are on their way to Australia as we speak...not much in the overall scheme of things,but every little bit helps...
I hope your week goes as good as it can,under the circumstances...and thanks for taking the time to keep us updated !

but every little bit helps...
:hug: tru! Thanks c

wouldn’t mind seeing your side piece plants :rofl:
My Little bits on the side ;) :passitleft: Only one auto actually when I Looked properly (plus a couple of photos that maybe won’t come on) and I don’t remember what it is. AutoSeeds’ Auto Pounder maybe. I’ll have to go back and check - I usullay take a pic when i soak the seed. It’s doing quite well.

We are all set to evacuate again this week. We’ve been putting out fire on the property for 3 days. Everytime the wind pickS up over about 20kph, it sparks spots to take off again. Life at the drop off.

It’s not me personally putting out fires of course. The fire fight here last week cleared some tracks so the lovely other is cruising the block in the little 4wd inspecting regualry, I’m perched on the deck with binoculars and there are buckets everywhere kept full of water and towels and a couple of friends come out daily as the winds pick up to help us dousing spot fires. It’s mostly stuff at the edges near unburnt areas and other risky spots. Plus there’s the swamo right there, full of peatmoss .. :hmmmm: that is now dry from the drought... That’s how last Thursday sparked up here - big wind + smouldering peat = big fire.

This time we’re going to a little hotel in a beachside zone not far from home. The local main town is too at risk from encroaching fires in all directions and it’s going to hit close to 40ºC again and the heat is knocking me around more than anything during the evacs so we figured at the hotel, if the power holds, we’ll have aircon. Amazing when I was booking it, the owner made a point of mentioning that we’d be “very safe here because it is a double brick building and will be very secure”. I didn’t even ask about it. It’s a real sign of the general state of things that he thought that was important to say. :oops: It certainly did make me feel better - never in my life did I think the words “double brick” would make me happy :rofl:

I made a big batch of infused coconut oil this week, using Bubba Hash. I can’t recommend this tasty chemovar more highly for sweet bedtime treats. The way the flavour of the ganja translates to the oil is sensational.
:drool:

Wouldn’t recommend it for savoury - I dripped some on my dinner last night because I’ve not made the Starbursts yet, and it wasn’t quite right flavour wise for the savoury thing.

Ooh, I also got to use the Nova Lift decarboxylator for the first time and all I can say is, if you make oils regularly or squish rosin or need to decarb‘ anything ever, then get one! SO friggin easy and no need to run the oven! Between that and the MBII machine, summertime oil making is now possible whenever I feel like it!

Hoping to be back home next week to continue processing. This crazy summer that’s thrown things right out of whack and I’m running out of medical oils :eek: I have plenty of flower still so as long as we don’t get separated from our car, I’ll be good! :thumb:

Hey AG that Nova thing has crossed my mind a couple times. Last time I checked it was rather costly but not using my oven would be great. My house is starting to permanently smell like bacon from me covering up the decarbed weed smells haha

Hey AG that Nova thing has crossed my mind a couple times. Last time I checked it was rather costly but not using my oven would be great. My house is starting to permanently smell like bacon from me covering up the decarbed weed smells haha

For rosin or oil a temperature controlled induction hot plate works well. I put about 10-15mm vegetable oil in a small pan, and put a beaker with my rosin in it. Make sure the beaker doesn't float! It takes about 15 min to decarb an oz of rosin.

For rosin or oil a temperature controlled induction hot plate works well. I put about 10-15mm vegetable oil in a small pan, and put a beaker with my rosin in it. Make sure the beaker doesn't float! It takes about 15 min to decarb an oz of rosin.
Ooh nice setup OS! Thanks for the tip!

That was the final decider for me actually - that the Nova can also decarb concentrates and extractions so i spent half the money I’d been saving for a Press on it. Honestly was so much less hassle than the over and very much less power too. It’ll pay for itself quickly. Long term, it’s saving me money ;). I can save again for the Press. What’s left is all going on emergency accommodattion now anyway, so I’m glad I’d bought the nova already! :thumb:

That was the final decider for me actually - that the Nova can also decarb concentrates and extractions so i spent half the money I’d been saving for a Press on it. Honestly was so much less hassle than the over and very much less power too. It’ll pay for itself quickly. Long term, it’s saving me money ;). I can save again for the Press. What’s left is all going on emergency accommodattion now anyway, so I’m glad I’d bought the nova already! :thumb:

It's nice how that worked out. Not that you needed it for emergency accommodations, but that is was there when you needed it.

Hi Amy, great to hear you are still safe. :circle-of-love:

Ooh, I also got to use the Nova Lift decarboxylator for the first time and all I can say is, if you make oils regularly or squish rosin or need to decarb‘ anything ever, then get one! SO friggin easy and no need to run the oven! Between that and the MBII machine, summertime oil making is now possible whenever I feel like it!
Another thing the Nova can do is infuse the oils. It's great for small batches, which is all I ever need. I usually infuse about 2 oz each time, but I think it can hold about 4 oz of oil. Either buy the infusion sleeve for it or do what I do and just find a small glass that will fit inside the unit.

Just requires the same cycle as the decarb uses. Easy peezy! :)

Hi Amy, great to hear you are still safe. :circle-of-love:

Another thing the Nova can do is infuse the oils. It's great for small batches, which is all I ever need. I usually infuse about 2 oz each time, but I think it can hold about 4 oz of oil. Either buy the infusion sleeve for it or do what I do and just find a small glass that will fit inside the unit.

Just requires the same cycle as the decarb uses. Easy peezy! :)
Oh wow that’s fantastic! Thanks Beez

For those who are curious, Nova does not recommend trying to decarb and infuse at the same time. Decarb, then infuse:
Correct - thank you for clarifying. Approx 2 hrs to decarb, then add it to the oil (or butter) and another 2 hrs to infuse.

Back
Top Bottom