Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

re: Antics Perpetual Learning Experience

good luck on the new plant .. strawberry blue was one of the first plants i killed a year ago when i started lol..

sorry to hear about u losing your pal.. pets bring us so much happiness !

Firstly I'm sorry for your loss, Bonnie looked like a lil sweetie.
Secondly the red/purple on stems seems to be normal for some strains under LED rather than a deficiency I think, I'm getting it a lot more with LED than any other light I've used.
I germinate under my LED with no problems, at first I bought an LED spot light just for this but now they go straight in off to the side of the room and I've had no problems.
And lastly whilst I'm sure your lady will be slightly behind after all that's happened to her I doubt she's as behind as you think, LED's give you such short node spacing it always appears as though they aren't really growing much but if you take note of how many nodes she has rather than her height you may be pleasantly surprised.

Hello Antics. I have had more health issues but did finally try a journal for this grow. I am so sorry to hear about your prairie dog. I am also an animal nut and recently lost my pet rats to cancer. It doesn't matter how big they are I care for them all. I just got a new cat last month and it was exactly what I needed. I hope things go better for you in your life and will check in later to see how your grow is doing. Here is a pic of my current grow.
1115143_small.jpg

Firstly I'm sorry for your loss, Bonnie looked like a lil sweetie.
Secondly the red/purple on stems seems to be normal for some strains under LED rather than a deficiency I think, I'm getting it a lot more with LED than any other light I've used.
I germinate under my LED with no problems, at first I bought an LED spot light just for this but now they go straight in off to the side of the room and I've had no problems.
And lastly whilst I'm sure your lady will be slightly behind after all that's happened to her I doubt she's as behind as you think, LED's give you such short node spacing it always appears as though they aren't really growing much but if you take note of how many nodes she has rather than her height you may be pleasantly surprised.

Thank you.
I'm not overly concerned at this point, as the reddish color is only a few areas, but something I wanted to make note of.
She's Very behind lol. Now you are absolutely right, node growth is explosive. I have a lot of nodes, real tight in a lot of places, BUT! The growth that follows each fan leaf, which should be the stem that later gets covered in buds, seemed very, very slow, which was why I was so concerned. Combine that with the nute burn I was seeing and the curling margins, and I obviously have/had a problem that needs/needed to be fixed.

Hello Antics. I have had more health issues but did finally try a journal for this grow. I am so sorry to hear about your prairie dog. I am also an animal nut and recently lost my pet rats to cancer. It doesn't matter how big they are I care for them all. I just got a new cat last month and it was exactly what I needed. I hope things go better for you in your life and will check in later to see how your grow is doing. Here is a pic of my current grow.
1115143_small.jpg

Sorry to hear about the health issues :( Consider the possibility of juicing cannabis raw, a lot of people swear by it. Especially at harvest time. Harvest all your buds, and juice everything else!
My girlfriend and I had a pet rat before.. The most affectionate little critter you could ever imagine, and so damn smart too. She just loved to crawl all over me and climb into my sleeves lol.
Congratulations on the new cat! Just watch them around your plants, animals are all very curious about Cannabis, and some absolutely love eating it.
Your new grow looks amazing so far, nice job!!

I got caught up on the journal for the most part. Subbed man. Wish I had time for everyone's journal, ya know?

You can say that again. And again. I feel bad for the journals I'm subbed to and just can't always find time to get to each day, let alone all the others I haven't even stopped in yet. If only there were more hours in a day..

Hey Antics, I wish you luck for the new plant! I've been learning a lot! And you even answered a question I had in my grow accidentally xD

"I just thought I read before that the red/purple showing up on stems (and not on leaf petioles, which is considered normal) was a sign of a phosphorous deficiency."

This "not on leaf petioles, which is considered normal" answered a question I've been having, because I've got red/purple on most of my leaves's petioles.

Also I'm going to cut her on the 22nd of this month! 6 days left! I think xD

Anyway hope your plant speeds up, I think with new leaves and with that awesome LED she should pick up the pace and turn into a monster! Thank god it's not an Auto, you can grow her for as long as you want and flower her when she and you are ready :)

Hope to see some awesome LSTs and all kinds of awesome things soon!

Hi Antics. Read through most of your journal, love what I see, man. My condolences on your recent loss, mate. Subscribed.

Quick update.

Leaves are still curling @ 20" light height. I thought perhaps it was wind burn, so I had the fan blowing on the back wall, and no direct airflow on the plant for several days, and I still have curling leaves. So now I'm back to thinking it's some kind of overfert/water stress problem. I have the fan oscillating on the plant now.

Seedling emerged yesterday, or the day before.. I can't remember exactly. Light height from seedling was 33", I had some stretching of the stem, so I've moved it up to about 20" or so. I don't know. It's something like that.

I'm experiencing a massive storm where I live.

Normally for a whole winter season we receive between 80-90 inches of snow, 203-228.6cm.
In one day I received over 60 inches of snow, 152.4cm.

I received another 12 inches last night, 30cm. And I have a warning until tomorrow for additional snow. I can receive as much as 30 more inches, 76cm.

So I haven't done much with the plants this entire week.

Anyone familiar with how big a Full-size Chevy truck is will appreciate this picture. This used to be my truck....
My truck has a standard lift, on 31" tires.

So needless to say, I've only been doing snow removal for about 16 hours a day and I'm fucking exhausted. Normally it only takes 1 hour a day. I'll get back into normal updates, and normal forum activity in a few days. I have most of the driveway done, still need to clear my roof, dig out my truck, get gas for the snow blower, so basically.. I'm pretty screwed here right now.

Wowzers, that's some serious snowfall buddy. The worst snow I can remember in my area of the UK was in the mid 70's & it was 5ft deep everywhere so I can just about imagine what it's like.

Wowzers, that's some serious snowfall buddy. The worst snow I can remember in my area of the UK was in the mid 70's & it was 5ft deep everywhere so I can just about imagine what it's like.

Most of the areas here that were hit the hardest are right around that 5ft level, some more, some less. So it's pretty much exactly what you saw back in the 70's.

Cars and trucks stuck and stranded. Abandoned vehicles everywhere slowing down snow clearing efforts because people don't stay home. Even with knowing the storm was coming, and all the preparations and equipment made, we still have 8 people dead so far for various reasons, all directly related to the storm.

I feel for ya mate, clearing all that snow. I had to deal with that in WI, right on Lake Michigan, until I moved to Florida. ;) I won't deny it being quite chilly here the last few nights. Take lots of breaks, Antics. Too many people keeled over shovelling, when I was growing up, mostly the elderly, but some younger folks, too. Take it easy, man.

I grew up in snow country of Alberta so I feel for yah. Now living on Vancouver Island and if we see any white stuff it's usually off my head.

Stay safe.

Temps have been in the mid to high 20's (-4 to -2 C) mostly, so that's not too bad.

what !! im freezing and it 29 lol

20's aren't bad. My last winter averaged -20F and the coldest day was -70F, that's colder than the north pole lol. So yup I decided it was time to move and not worry about dying ;)

20's aren't bad. My last winter averaged -20F and the coldest day was -70F, that's colder than the north pole lol. So yup I decided it was time to move and not worry about dying ;)

-70 wtf im good on that .. i would be miserable.

Holy crap, that is really cold. Brrr. I'm shivering in my 60F living room just thinking of -70F.

Wow, where I live there's no snow at all! Only on a couple mountains if things get pretty cold xD That's a looooot of snow! If your little plants could see what's out there I bet they'd be soooo scared, and then be like "but it's so sunny in here o.o what sorcery is this" and you'd be like "LEDs little girls, that's the sorcery :p"

I'm cutting my plant today! In about 2 hours she should be cleaned up of any fan leaves, so I'll do an update in about 10 hours cause I have some work to do after me and my partner put her drying! :)

Hope the snow stops or slows over there so you can literally dig out your car (for someone that has seen very little snow this just sounds incredibly unreal to me xD)

Holy crap, that is really cold. Brrr. I'm shivering in my 60F living room just thinking of -70F.

Lol, I wear shorts until it's under 40F, the benefit of growing up in the cold. Hope it does stop snowing for you Antics, snow's a bitch

Back
Top Bottom