Archiweedies First Grow - Soil - LED - Super Lemon Haze - 2017

How close is that led? I have my LED's 3' from the tops of my plants. I think if you let your soil dry out the gnats will probably go away... do you have any sticky traps or the sticky card things those will help also...

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I just double checked I am at 18" from the top of big sister. The seedlings were getting too much light. I will definitely look for the sticky cards.

Is the big sister looking on track for about 3 weeks old from seed? I see stretchier plants out there and I feel like mine is pretty squatty, especially for a sativa.

Hey what's going on guys..I was finally able to set up my first grow...I'm just realizing this was the best thing I've probably ever done...and I don't even have big plants or nothing yet my seedlings just sprouted 5 days ago...I'm sick of going to all these dispensaries around her and wasting my money, so I've been doing a lot of research following people who know what there doing..reading these forums and learning to grow is the only information my brain actually absorbs....I'm gonna need some help along the way if you guys are down to help that would be awesome thanks
420-magazine-mobile444414157.jpg
420-magazine-mobile706274789.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1554956185.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1553780454.jpg

Topped plant A aka big sister. Depending on how you count the nodes, I believe I topped at the 5th node. She still seems very squatting to me but it's my first time so yea. Happy weekend everyone!

420-magazine-mobile960189790.jpg

Looks good mah dude! Next time you post, mind sending another of 'Big Sister' from a level angle. I could maybe give some more feedback from that angle. Looks good from above though! Dont worry though, sometimes my plants droop for a little bit after topping. Just leave em be & the girls know what to do theyre strong :) Happy weekend brotha:tokin:

Looks good mah dude! Next time you post, mind sending another of 'Big Sister' from a level angle. I could maybe give some more feedback from that angle. Looks good from above though! Dont worry though, sometimes my plants droop for a little bit after topping. Just leave em be & the girls know what to do theyre strong :) Happy weekend brotha:tokin:

What's up Rada!!?
Yea man I'll get ya some pics soon. I watered this morning before lights out. Big sis was real dry yesterday and I forced myself to wait 24 more hours before watering. I'll do a small update soon with more pics! I'm real happy with the topping and excited to see some growth!

Small Update:

I got my Blueberry seeds from CKS!! I started germinating them Thursday in a glass of water for 18 hours. I germinated 3 but only intend to keep 2, the last girl will go to my neighbor. Speaking of my neighbor, two of my SLH seedlings will be going to him where they will switch to growing outdoors. I cant wait to see how tall they get.

Big Sister seems to have bounced back after the topping rather fast! She is starting to get some growth below.

DSCN09939.JPG
DSCN09946.JPG
DSCN09958.JPG
DSCN09968.JPG

I didnt intend to name my plants but I decided to. So here is: Little Sister!!!:cheer:

DSCN10008.JPG
DSCN09998.JPG
DSCN099813.JPG
DSCN09979.JPG

She is a SLH seedling that I have decided to keep around for fun :)

Next we have the first CKS blueberry seed that germinated and maybe the only one...more on that in a few...

DSCN100613.JPG

Alright so I germinated 3 seeds only this ones taproot was showing. I got stoney and forgot to check the towel and to my horror it had dried. I quickly re-wet it and checked it frequently. The one that had shown its taproot, continued to show growth so I planted her. The other two are still in the paper towel. It has been over 24 hours and they have not shown any sign of their shells cracking. I think I might've killed em' y'all!

Small Update:

I got my Blueberry seeds from CKS!! I started germinating them Thursday in a glass of water for 18 hours. I germinated 3 but only intend to keep 2, the last girl will go to my neighbor. Speaking of my neighbor, two of my SLH seedlings will be going to him where they will switch to growing outdoors. I cant wait to see how tall they get.

Big Sister seems to have bounced back after the topping rather fast! She is starting to get some growth below.

DSCN09939.JPG
DSCN09946.JPG
DSCN09958.JPG
DSCN09968.JPG

I didnt intend to name my plants but I decided to. So here is: Little Sister!!!:cheer:

DSCN10008.JPG
DSCN09998.JPG
DSCN099813.JPG
DSCN09979.JPG

She is a SLH seedling that I have decided to keep around for fun :)

Next we have the first CKS blueberry seed that germinated and maybe the only one...more on that in a few...

DSCN100613.JPG

Alright so I germinated 3 seeds only this ones taproot was showing. I got stoney and forgot to check the towel and to my horror it had dried. I quickly re-wet it and checked it frequently. The one that had shown its taproot, continued to show growth so I planted her. The other two are still in the paper towel. It has been over 24 hours and they have not shown any sign of their shells cracking. I think I might've killed em' y'all!

Looking good! I love those blueberry's. Are they Autoflower? I didnt end up getting autos & theyre taking exceptionally long to flower so they're getting pretty tall. Could just be me - but figured I'd give you a heads up. I'll be updating my Journal in the next day or two so you can go over there and have a look at them (sorry I've definitely been slacking, its been a busy week). But your girls look great my dude, keep it up!

Looking good Archie

Thanks! I've made some blunders here and there already but I'm persistent if nothing else.

Looking good! I love those blueberry's. Are they Autoflower? I didnt end up getting autos & theyre taking exceptionally long to flower so they're getting pretty tall. Could just be me - but figured I'd give you a heads up. I'll be updating my Journal in the next day or two so you can go over there and have a look at them (sorry I've definitely been slacking, its been a busy week). But your girls look great my dude, keep it up!

Thanks for the heads up mate. My BB's are photo's so I might run into that same issue. Should be interesting. I don't remember if you said how long you vegged yours?

Thanks for the heads up mate. My BB's are photo's so I might run into that same issue. Should be interesting. I don't remember if you said how long you vegged yours?

I vegged for 4 weeks although you could get away with much less- if I was to run these girls again I''d prob switch to 12-12 in week 2 or 3 because time they're taking. I hope to be getting some good results because of how long they've vegged but I do wish they were faster. I'll keep you updated buddy. If you're in this storm here East than stay warm. :)

Alright guys, I need some advice please. I have mixed up some GH Flora series nutes which is what I have decided on for nutes during this grow. Are the sisters ready for nutes? I feel like big sis definitely should be, shes been in that soil for nearly a month. Little sister not as long. I did prepare my mix with 1/2 tsp of each nute to start with. Should I do a flush before nutes? my gut says no, but Id rather be safe than sorry.

Also, and these are just some random thoughts of mine.....
Do you feed when lights come on or go off? I feel like when they come on makes more sense to me but idk.
Im still curious about these curling leaves and what is causing it. Also the sandpaper feeling leaves. Ive read it could be strain related.
And for my own knowledge, when is a plant technically in "veg" and how should I refer to its age when I do updates in my journal. Hell I dont know if its me or what, but big sister is over a month old and still only 6 inches tall!!! When is she gonna get bigger?

did you transplant into the bigger pots a month ago? I would probably wait for 3-4 weeks after you transplanted into the bigger pots and then start them off slow with nutrients I don't know what your nutrients call for but I would start off at 1/2 strength and move up from there depending on what the plant is telling you... for example if your leaves are really dark green that means they already have a lot of nitrogen but if they start to turn a more yellow shade they need more nitrogen... I wouldn't flush before nutes just make sure your pot doesn't sit in the runoff when you water/feed... and I would probably water/feed them when your lights come on so that the top layer of soil dries out faster so you can get rid of those gnats if you haven't already... the best thing to do is listen to the plant it will give you subtle hints to what it wants it's just figuring out what those hints are and what they mean... I hope all this helps... oh and I just started my second grow the link should be in my signature if you can wanted to follow along

did you transplant into the bigger pots a month ago? I would probably wait for 3-4 weeks after you transplanted into the bigger pots and then start them off slow with nutrients I don't know what your nutrients call for but I would start off at 1/2 strength and move up from there depending on what the plant is telling you... for example if your leaves are really dark green that means they already have a lot of nitrogen but if they start to turn a more yellow shade they need more nitrogen... I wouldn't flush before nutes just make sure your pot doesn't sit in the runoff when you water/feed... and I would probably water/feed them when your lights come on so that the top layer of soil dries out faster so you can get rid of those gnats if you haven't already... the best thing to do is listen to the plant it will give you subtle hints to what it wants it's just figuring out what those hints are and what they mean... I hope all this helps... oh and I just started my second grow the link should be in my signature if you can wanted to follow along

Hey man, thanks for the advice. I plan to do a little weekly update soon. I did feed at 1/2 of what the manufacturer recommends. I only fed big sister cause she wanted water and she has been in the same soil without additional nutrients for real close to a month. She absolutely exploded overnight man !!

Like I said some pictures are on the agenda when they wake up later

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Update later today but man. I was talking to my buddy, and he was saying these leaves look very indica -like. Anyone have an opinion?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine
420-magazine-mobile1848563983.jpg

Could be a indica pheno... does have indica characteristics short bushy plant with fat leaves

Good point! I bought these seeds from a dispensary and this dispensary doesn't normally sell seeds or clones. Suffice it to say, I'm not convinced on the genetics. I didn't pay much though so it's not a huge deal .

Alright so I'm sorry but this update is a confusing one.

Big sister has been relocated outside and switched into coco coir. She will be missed, but she was rather abused. We will we if she can still produce. I used great white mychorizae on the exposed roots and watered with GH Flora 1/2 tsp for each component.

Little sister is doing fantastic and has also been relocated in Coco. I am a coco man I think. I hate to make these changes mid grow, but I just had a hard time getting to know that Fox Farms. Same root and water treatment as above

I had a really hard time germinating the blueberry seeds. If you remember, I accidentally let the towel dry out. I think this sealed their fate.

I had a hard time germinating rosemary too so I decided to look into more elegant solutions to getting seeds started.

I got a little humidity dome with a heat mat. I'm using root riot I think. I stuck several rosemary seeds and two more blueberry seeds that had taproots showing from the part towel soaking I have them.

I guess that's it for now. I hope I have enough time to veg the blueberry before the lemons get too tall.

Please let me know how I'm doing. I obviously am trying to find my groove. But I feel like coco will be good for my garden!

420-magazine-mobile938951200.jpg
420-magazine-mobile732667680.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1593659178.jpg

Back
Top Bottom