Asesino's Multi-Strain - Coco - LED - Grow 2

Day 31 - I feel like I am really starting to get the hang of growing in coco. I discovered today that the roots are now at the bottom of the seven gallon pots in all of the pots but the White Rhino. Was surprised to see the Purple Trainwreck having them with how small it is compared to the others. The bottom of my pots were still too moist which was encouraging them to grow out of the pot. With fabric pots the roots are supposed find the pot and get exposed to the dry air and then curl back inside. Roots were growing pretty good out of the bottom because they were able to find moisture. I work retail and was trying to think of strong plastic stands I could use and then it came to me. We have these plastic crates and they'd be perfect. Turns out they were too big but I cut them in half. They should work great! It also raises them a few inches towards the light so we will see how they respond to that.

IMG_95673.JPG

The Girls - Training Day

As the title says it was the first major training day. I bent the branches with some hooks and then plucked any fan leaves that would block any light. I topped at the fourth node so I want the third node to grow up to height of the fourth nodes and then I will have each of the four branches going a different direction at the same height. I will top again at least once and it should fill out the pot pretty even. This week or two of training I feel is really important for the structure. I'm pretty happy with how it all ended up with no major accidents.

You can see how quickly the plants respond. By the next update it is going to be even more noticeable. You can also see the 12 hour difference below. With the roots also now at the bottom the plants should start to explode up top. I'm wondering how big these are going to get in these seven gallon pots. All of the inner nodes started turning towards the light within hours. Every time the plant looks happy I piss it off but these girls should be looking even and symmetrical soon.

I am going to rotate these girls so each side gets exposed to good light. I try and do it every three days now so every update the plants are going to be shifted counter clockwise. Here are the pictures for the last 24 hours. They should look really good tomorrow.

Being only my second grow this still makes me a little nervous but I know the results will be awesome and the plants will be just fine. This is my first time really pulling these though so it is fun to see how far you can really push them. After 12 hours I was even smirking a little at how fast they are moving now.

Last Night
IMG_95372.JPG

This mornings training, 12 hours later and now rotated
IMG_95484.JPG

12 hours later again
IMG_95624.JPG
IMG_95633.JPG

Just a quick shot of what they looked like after I trained them this morning and then what they looked like about twelve hours later. This is the Ayahuasca Purple. More defol and training tomorrow morning most likely.

IMG_95774.JPG
IMG_96024.JPG

Looking good n green! Keep it up!!

The first couple nodes of fan leaves were all different shades of green after transplanting. Through training and defoliating early those have all been removed. The last two leaves for the Purple Trainwreck were really dark green and those were removed today so they should all be that nice green now. The first sets of leaves were probably different because I was figuring out the water/nutes schedule and the stress from transplanting from soil to coco. I'm finally on a routine now that I feel comfortable with.

Yeah man plants are looking great!

Thanks! Just trying to show that I learned something from my first grow. Looked at the bottom of the pots today and all of them pretty much have little roots poking out in all different areas. Before they were just in the middle. Pretty sure that is a sign that they should start growing like crazy. I already probably have to tie them down twice a day at this point or else they start growing vertical after six hours. Learned quite a bit from some of those links you showed me and reading some of your journal.

Glad you guys are sticking with me. More work but way more fun this time. :thanks:

Day 34 - I was looking through my first journal today and it is definitely noticeable how much smaller these are right now due to training. Not worried at all as I these stalks are getting huge. My Aurora Indica's were pretty flimsy and I still got a good yield. This time with better structure and thicker branches I expect to be able to do better. By this weekend they will fill out with lots of green leafs. I have been training and defoliating pretty much every morning for three straight mornings and then sometimes in the afternoon. I am going to let them grow a little vertical now and stop doing any defolating for a couple days. I will continue to train but only very lightly. I want to see some growth. I also have to remember I am growing in seven gallon pots this time instead of five so the plants look a little smaller in them.

Ayahuasca Purple plant structure
IMG_96513.JPG
IMG_96413.JPG

Family photo, will get rotated tonight
IMG_96426.JPG

Veg Tent

I forgot to post anything about this on my last update. Everything in this tent is getting big! Two of the three freebies have a really stinky smell too them. I think those two are the same. The third looks a little different and doesn't quite have that smell, but man they really smell for this early on. I topped the two biggest freebies a couple days ago. The third I will top in a couple days but it is still just a bit too small.

IMG_96545.JPG

Blue Mammoth Auto - This plant looks healthy since the topping. I've seen a couple of little white hairs popping out and I've heard topping an auto can sometimes cause it to go into flower but I don't really think that is what is going on. Either way it is happy and the two new branches are strong and even so I'm excited to see what this plant will do and when it will do it.

IMG_96583.JPG

In other good news I looked at my clones and I saw roots on one of the first two that I took. The tips look a little dried but I planted it in a small pot and I will see if I can get it healthy. The roots were nice and clean and white. Hoping to see roots on the other ones in the next couple days.

Plants look good. I like the pins u use for ur lst. R u trying for bigger plants then ur last run with the two gallon bigger pots? How is it growing different strains then where in ur first it was all the same? Oh yea the veg tent looks very healthy!! Btw!! Keep up the great updates!!

Plants look good. I like the pins u use for ur lst. R u trying for bigger plants then ur last run with the two gallon bigger pots? How is it growing different strains then where in ur first it was all the same? Oh yea the veg tent looks very healthy!! Btw!! Keep up the great updates!!

To be honest I didn't know what size pots to get for Coco. As I have done more reading there is a lot of people who say that you can grow huge plants in three gallon pots. I think I might do an experiment with this next run. If so then I am probably wasting nutes and Coco having them in seven gallon ones. I figured the roots will be wider and that should make for larger plants so that's why I went with seven gallon.

Growing different strains so far is more worrisome than anything. You compare them to each other and then I start thinking that my Purple Trainwreck is gonna be a dud because its not big like my Ayahuasca Purple. They are all different so just need to relax.

My bottom branches that I am training are already larger or at least the same size as some of my branches were on my Aurora Indica grow. I've still got a few more weeks on veg so the base will be able to shoot nutrients to the buds. The plants will be able to hold more without falling over. Goal is to increase yield and I think I'm off to a good start. Hopefully didn't add on too many extra weeks in veg.

They will show the sign of the gender soon,right?:cheer:
Day 34 - I was looking through my first journal today and it is definitely noticeable how much smaller these are right now due to training. Not worried at all as I these stalks are getting huge. My Aurora Indica's were pretty flimsy and I still got a good yield. This time with better structure and thicker branches I expect to be able to do better. By this weekend they will fill out with lots of green leafs. I have been training and defoliating pretty much every morning for three straight mornings and then sometimes in the afternoon. I am going to let them grow a little vertical now and stop doing any defolating for a couple days. I will continue to train but only very lightly. I want to see some growth. I also have to remember I am growing in seven gallon pots this time instead of five so the plants look a little smaller in them.

Ayahuasca Purple plant structure
IMG_96513.JPG
IMG_96413.JPG

Family photo, will get rotated tonight
IMG_96426.JPG

Veg Tent

I forgot to post anything about this on my last update. Everything in this tent is getting big! Two of the three freebies have a really stinky smell too them. I think those two are the same. The third looks a little different and doesn't quite have that smell, but man they really smell for this early on. I topped the two biggest freebies a couple days ago. The third I will top in a couple days but it is still just a bit too small.

IMG_96545.JPG

Blue Mammoth Auto - This plant looks healthy since the topping. I've seen a couple of little white hairs popping out and I've heard topping an auto can sometimes cause it to go into flower but I don't really think that is what is going on. Either way it is happy and the two new branches are strong and even so I'm excited to see what this plant will do and when it will do it.

IMG_96583.JPG

In other good news I looked at my clones and I saw roots on one of the first two that I took. The tips look a little dried but I planted it in a small pot and I will see if I can get it healthy. The roots were nice and clean and white. Hoping to see roots on the other ones in the next couple days.

They will show the sign of the gender soon,right?:cheer:

Yeah, the Blue Mammoth already has white hairs coming out. All of the "main" girls are showing female as well but not developed enough to be 100% certain. I'm probably 80% sure. The only one not really showing much so far is the Purple Trainwreck and it is a little bit behind.

You can use pretty much any size for coco. The sweet spot seems to be between 2-3gal. I see a lot of people using those. I get some big plants in 3 gal but I'm interested in trying a coco grow with 5 gal pots. I think you would get some monsters.

IMAG1943_2.jpg

This one is flowering in a pot I normally use for starting seeds. I think it's 4"

Yeah... these girls could be huge.. lol. Seven gallon Coco and I'm watering and feeding every day but Wednesdays. I guess we will see what happens. Since GH nutes are pretty inexpensive I don't mind the "waste" I might be causing. I will upgrade my nutes series probably next grow though so I don't want to be wasteful then. I guess I could always only fill these pots 3/4 full and roll down the sides. Too bad I didn't think of that until just now. Oh well, monsters it is! Good problem to have right? Oh and we use the same cat litter...

I'm running a drip system drain to waste, once the roots are established my plants get watered 3-4 times a day. Multiple waterings is what makes coco grow huge plants. If you keep it down to once a day they may not get too crazy. I can't wait to see what happens!

Hey BF sorry to bother ya mate but how's this set up? What ya need etc? What happens to the waste? Been trying to figure it out but struggling alittle.

RM's First Grow - Unknown Seeds

Hey Asesino, I took a month off from the site upgrading for my second grow but im back for round two, can't wait to see what you do with the added space and new strains. I also wanted to swing by to say thanks , i used your last journal as a guide for grow 2 and purchased a few new mars hydro reflector lights. I really like them so far and so do the plants.

Hey Asesino, I took a month off from the site upgrading for my second grow but im back for round two, can't wait to see what you do with the added space and new strains. I also wanted to swing by to say thanks , i used your last journal as a guide for grow 2 and purchased a few new mars hydro reflector lights. I really like them so far and so do the plants.

ZO! I was wondering what had happened to you. I guess I missed your harvest post on the first thread to so I thought you stopped posting. Your new setup is awesome! No way I can compete with all that light. You are gonna make some gigantic plants!

Honestly I can't keep saying enough about these Mars Hydro Reflectors. I'm glad I've guided people to their business. You are like the 5th person to tell me that they purchased those lights because of my grow 1, not including a couple local friends I have that are getting a couple too.

All subbed up to your new stuff and looking forward to seeing you around again. You and CK were the two I really followed close due to starting around the same time last time!

Now TheBlaze just needs to reappear and tell everyone that he is safe and everything was fine and all will be right in the world. Can't wait to see what you do this time!

Back
Top Bottom