Asesino's Multi-Strain - Coco - LED - Grow 2

Alright so this is how I made my drip system. There are many ways to skin a cat but this works for me.
IMAG19752.jpg

You need a pump. I use a Eco 633 gph pump. You have to pay attention to the head height. This one says 7.5'.
14776965752451723829698.jpg

That means this pump will push water vertically up to 7.5'. This is important if your rez is tall you want to make sure you have good pressure. I've ran this pump from 4 to 9 plants no problem.
These are the types of fittings for your mainline 1/2" tubing. You have compression fitting (I use)
IMAG19764.jpg

And you have 1/2" barbs. This one has a valve to stop water. They sell ones without the ball valve.
IMAG19774.jpg

IMAG19786.jpg

Here is what the 1/2" barb and the 1/2" compression fitting look like on the 1/2" mainline tubing.

IMAG19803.jpg

Here we have your driper tubing/ spaghetti line. It comes in a roll it's 1/4" tubing that comes out of the 1/2" mainline and goes into your pot

IMAG19813.jpg

Here is 1/4" barb. I use the T type but the have ones with only two barbs. These go into your mainline to connect to the 1/4" tubing

IMAG19823.jpg

Dripper. Since I'm not using a big pump like a sump pump I cannot use the normal drip irrigation products. Stuff like Manifolds, pressure compensating drippers or button emitters, and antisiphon valves may not work since there is not much pressure in these little pumps. I use these flag emitters because they are pretty much free flow and you can open them to clean if it gets clogged! You can use anything you like. Halos, steaks, even make a ring with 1/4" tubing.

IMAG19834.jpg

1/4" punch. This is what your use to punch a hole into your 1/2" mainline so you can put a 1/4" barb and connect the 1/4" spaghetti tube.

IMAG19842.jpg

Here is what it looks like all connected. 1/2" mainline tubing. Either poly or vinyl. I use poly 1/2" because it's rigid and can stand up on its own. I punched a hole with the blue punch. Push in my barb and push on the 1/4" spaghetti/ feeder tubing.

IMAG19854.jpg

It ends up being water tight. I have leaks sometimes but I just wiggle the 1/4" barb until it makes a good seal.

IMAG19863.jpg

Here we have the 1/2" mainline that comes out of my rez. I punched a hole put a barb, some spaghetti tube, and my flag drippers. This allows air to enter the tubes once the pump shuts off. If you don't add an anti siphon hole in your tube once the pump shuts off you will continue to be irrigating your plants or flood your room.

IMAG19873.jpg

Ok so back to barbs and compression fittings. You can use a barb that comes with the pump. screw it into the pump and push the 1/2" tubing in. For me. This didn't work. My barbs were the exact same size as my 1/2" tube so I ended up with a compression fitting. One side goes on the tube the other slips into a female pvc piece.

IMAG19912.jpg

IMAG19883.jpg

IMAG19892.jpg

IMAG19903.jpg

I'm using a pvc part. One side is threaded and screws into the pump the other side is female and the compression fitting slides in there. I like this because it makes it easy to dismantle for cleaning.

IMAG19934.jpg

Now you make your layout. No matter what it can never be straight tubing. If you want even waterings to your girls you have to have the 1/2" mainline loop into itself. I've done a rectangle with 9 plants. This works for my current 4. Use your punch to make your holes. Make sure they are equally spaced I think it was 8-12" being ideal.

IMAG19944.jpg

Put on your choice of emitters or drippers. I liked the flag ones. Home depot had a few different ones, I went with the most open ones. You can run open lines but a lot of water came out pretty quick. Their are many other styles of drippers. Here they are steaked into the pot

IMAG2003.jpg

Elevate your pot so it's not sitting in dirty water.

IMAG19922.jpg

Wet/dry vac for the saucers.

Once you set up your system put some cups under each dripper. Turn on your system and make sure each cup is filled the same amount at the same time. Also note you don't need to have two 1/4" lines like I have it but I wasn't going to buy two different sets of barbs. Now put in your plants. Turn on your system and see how long it takes to get run off. Buy a seconds or 1 minutes timer based on that. Not the 15 min cycle timer. I have a seconds timer and run between 1- 2:45min 3-4 times a day. Your going to want a strong air pump or another small fountain pump to stir your nutrients. I use a air pump because the 100gph pump I was using got my water hot. Think about what rez your going to use. I have a brute trash can. It's nice because it's not too wide. I'm able to get down to 3-5 gal of water in that trash can before the pump doesn't work. I also use a 5gal bucket and I can get that down to 1-2 gal before the pump can't pick up anymore water. If you have a long container you may not be able to fully utilize it. Any questions?

Day 37 - The routine right now is exactly that. Nothing really new to report here. Every day I train them and then they bounce back. Today I re-tied them all twice because they bounced back faster than prior days. A little defol here and there and they grow more leaves. So far my plan for a better structure is working well. Within the next couple of days, likely after they bounce back from this tie down, I will be topping some of the nodes. After that they will just grow for a couple weeks and then flip to flower. Probably looking at a full eight weeks of vegging.

Did a little pruning in the veg tent
IMG_97347.JPG

Ayahuasca Purple this morning
IMG_96716.JPG

Training and defol
IMG_96753.JPG

Twelve hours later
IMG_97231.JPG

Purple Trainwreck is super compact
IMG_97222.JPG

Chemdawg still going strong
IMG_97243.JPG

White Rhino getting thick
IMG_97264.JPG

Really nice training going on in there! How many total plants are you running?

Thanks Zo!

Four in the main tent. Six clones, an auto and 3 freebies. I'm guessing the two fast growing freebies are male and I have no idea if the clones will work out. I have seen roots on two of them though. One tent for the real stuff and one tent to play around with!

As always these girls are looking amazing Asesino!

I love the training you have going on. In two weeks these girls will look totally different! For the better of course...

Happy growing

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

As always these girls are looking amazing Asesino!

I love the training you have going on. In two weeks these girls will look totally different! For the better of course...

Happy growing

Yeah they will. I keep looking at my last grow and I have to remember that I'm basically growing these horizontally because of ScrOGing this round. Every time they look remotely happy I piss them off again. I know once I just let them go they will explode. Two weeks is a solid guess for when that will be.

Yeah they will. I keep looking at my last grow and I have to remember that I'm basically growing these horizontally because of ScrOGing this round. Every time they look remotely happy I piss them off again. I know once I just let them go they will explode. Two weeks is a solid guess for when that will be.

I can't wait to see how they turn out. And as you will be scroging your girls and keeping them low, I am gonna try growing some plants more vertically and see how they turn out!

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thanks Zo!

Four in the main tent. Six clones, an auto and 3 freebies. I'm guessing the two fast growing freebies are male and I have no idea if the clones will work out. I have seen roots on two of them though. One tent for the real stuff and one tent to play around with!

That sounds like a lot going on at one time, but im sure you will fill up both tents very nicely and keep everything on track you seem to have the hang of this. hopefully all 6 clones root for you. I'm running Aurora again and now with added space once my second harvest is over i plan to run a 4 plant total perpetual cycle, 2 in Veg , 2 in Flower, all 1 month apart so i can harvest more frequently, harvest a plant and move the next biggest into flower. I really like the setup you have going though, having one tent that is more of the main focus with the dedicated strains and a second space for freebies and autos to do some training and maybe try new ideas.

That sounds like a lot going on at one time, but im sure you will fill up both tents very nicely and keep everything on track you seem to have the hang of this. hopefully all 6 clones root for you. I'm running Aurora again and now with added space once my second harvest is over i plan to run a 4 plant total perpetual cycle, 2 in Veg , 2 in Flower, all 1 month apart so i can harvest more frequently, harvest a plant and move the next biggest into flower. I really like the setup you have going though, having one tent that is more of the main focus with the dedicated strains and a second space for freebies and autos to do some training and maybe try new ideas.

Yeah I am once again banking on some of this stuff either being male or not working out. If I'm wrong than it could be interesting. Guess that's a good problem to have. Lol! I should always have 4 main girls going. Anything else in between is just fun. I wanted to try ScrOGing this round because if I move to what I want than I won't be able to have a net up. It'll be too much of a hassle. Harvesting a couple plants every month will be the next focus after this grow.

Day 40 - The girls have all hit their stride. I basically have been training them twice a day. They are growing noticeably by the day which is fun to watch. On all of the branches I clipped the growth of the second node to allow for space. On almost all of the plants these were covered by fan leaves so they were going to stay small as light just was not going to get to them with the way I am training these. The middle will get clogged later anyways so might as well do it now and not waste the energy on that growth.

I think I have decided that this will likely be my one attempt with a ScrOG net so I better make it count. In a few weeks I will start to actually use the veg tent for veg and autos and I want to rotate plants into the flower tent. Not going to be able to do that with a net in the way. I can see these plants having a great structure if I didn't use a net and just let them grow vertical, so I'll use this training method for the next main grow. Should be good for ScrOGing as well so I'll have fun with this. The net probably goes up this week.

The Auto Blue Mammoth at Day 33
IMG_98103.JPG

Main Girls
IMG_98002.JPG

White Rhino two weeks ago
IMG_94704.JPG

White Rhino one week ago
IMG_95794.JPG

White Rhino today
IMG_98031.JPG

You have mad skills !! I'm subbed and will be studying this grow and others in coco and perlite, for next couple mos. . I think your bags are overkill, but as long as they're getting air underneith , That net might not be big enough to restrain these monsters !! This is a good test to know what difference a larger bag makes ? Can't wait to see how this goes !!

Everything looking like it should. Great training. Can't wait to c ur scrogg attempt. I bet it's gonna be great. So r u going for a longer veg guess u have to so u can fill the scrogg net completely. The fun is really bout to begin glad m here for the ride. How is Coco going for u? I been thinking bout getting a botinicare 2x4 ebb n flow system. One on CL for $150.00 seems like a great deal. Coco is a form of hydro so bout to also get my education on during ur journal. Thanks so much!

You have mad skills !! I'm subbed and will be studying this grow and others in coco and perlite, for next couple mos. . I think your bags are overkill, but as long as they're getting air underneith , That net might not be big enough to restrain these monsters !! This is a good test to know what difference a larger bag makes ? Can't wait to see how this goes !!

I'll say I have mad skills when I get the yield and quality I want. My first grow my yield was double what I thought I'd get (before I started the grow), but because of my lack of experience I pulled the nutes probably two to three weeks too early. This likely effected my yield and quality both so even though I was really happy with everything, I know I can crush that. I also got 63g per plant but did this with 5 plants. This time I am doing 4 plants but I my goal is 84-112g per plant. Nearly double in terms of per plant but with a focus on structure I think I can maximize my lights to get this.

My journals are focused on the research I've done and then putting it into action and letting people follow along. This being grow #2 I don't feel like I should sit down and write a journal telling people what to do and how to do it. I would rather have people following along that are interested in what I'm doing and wanting to learn through my successes and failures. Glad you are here now and feel free to ask any questions. I do not mind answering at all. I try to write this out and take pictures to make it educational so people can try it themselves. I could just take pictures of the plants always happy and perky but then you can't see the training!

My next grow will feature the girls being in only 3 gallon pots so you will get to see how big I can get them in the smaller pots. I am very interested in this as well so I'm already excited for it to start. Probably starting those seeds in a few weeks! My current 7 gallon bags seem like overkill for sure and I will be using them for an outdoor grow this year but not anymore for indoor. I really didn't know what I was doing and treated it like soil basically. Oops! So far I really don't think it has mattered.

My next grow will also have an automated watering system. This will help me be able to water it multiple times a day. Right now I only do once a day when I probably should do at least two. When they go to flower I will do two. With all that rambling, my point is i'm excited to see what happens just as well. Glad I am ScrOGing if these are going to be monsters. Good problem to have as long as they don't go too crazy.

Everything looking like it should. Great training. Can't wait to c ur scrogg attempt. I bet it's gonna be great. So r u going for a longer veg guess u have to so u can fill the scrogg net completely. The fun is really bout to begin glad m here for the ride. How is Coco going for u? I been thinking bout getting a botinicare 2x4 ebb n flow system. One on CL for $150.00 seems like a great deal. Coco is a form of hydro so bout to also get my education on during ur journal. Thanks so much!

I am very happy with the training! I can't say much on any systems as I only know coco-hydro. I do really like this though, it still gives it a soil like feel which I enjoy. I'm pretty sure I'm not looking to change to any other ways to grow besides coco I like it that much.

I was planning on vegging for 56 days originally. I'm thinking I might add an extra week and go for 63. I guess I will know more in a bit but I still plan to defol the middle and let it grow a bit and then top all the middle ones and the main 4 branches. All of that will probably be a week 9 flip unless these things go bonkers. It should occupy about 65-70% of the net before flipping to fill out the whole net.

You are very correct that the fun is really about to begin. Aggressive growth I would say started two days ago so updates should be fun with noticeable changes. Journals were the way basically that I learned! Glad I can be a help through mine!

Nice job Asesino! Love the work you are doing there. Wow, 8 weeks veg, should be some monsters come harvest. Good job.

Danke! I think they will fill out my 4x4' ScrOG net nicely! If I wasn't doing that this time around I might have started to let them go vertical a bit more by now but since that net will be used I figured lets give this a valid shot and see the results. After this I should have a good rotation going and a ScrOG net would do my harm than good. Glad to have you along!

Oh and the link in your signature to your grow isn't clickable. Just thought you should know!

Day 43 - Today was a major training day. They all got tied down pretty horizontal and defoliated. If there was new growth starting on the node than I clipped the fan leaf. I want these to be more like branches so I have no problem doing this. I want all the inner growth to get light and air as well. Once the main branches get to the outside, which won't take too much longer, than I will let everything grow vertical together nice and even. Likely one more set of topping and then flip and training on the ScrOG net time! This might happen sooner than I think. They are growing like crazy.

The Girls

The inner most four nodes on White Rhino were topped last night. It had grown up almost an inch in one day! I was shocked and it looks to be my healthiest plant now. It has a really thick stem as well and the structure is just exactly what I want. I topped the same inner nodes on the Ayahuasca Purple and the Chemdawg today. The Purple Trainwreck I think I am just gonna LST and defol for now seeing that it is so much smaller. The funny part is that it has as many nodes as all the others, just everything is small. That's ok as the other three are looking to be great.

I did just a little bit of clean up on the Blue Mammoth Auto but that is all I will do. I took the lowest branches off as they weren't going to get much light. I like the way she looks now and I'm starting to see some white hairs pop up in the nodes. This was planted a week after the main girls so it's on day 36.

IMG_98453.JPG

The whole family before training and rotating
IMG_98266.JPG

The whole family after training and rotating
IMG_98384.JPG

Ayahuasca Purple is still the largest and has stretched the best. The White Rhino has passed it up in thickness now but not in length. It is easiest to see the training on. The four nodes in the middle are coming up from the bottom two main branches. Then there are four nodes on the top two main branches that I have tied down horizontally alongside the main branches. The 2nd node on all the main branches was cut off for space in the middle. I am hoping to have eight strong branches as well as a great structure.

Ten days ago
IMG_95773.JPG

Today before training and topping
IMG_98315.JPG

Today after training and topping
IMG_98404.JPG

Back
Top Bottom