Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Thank you for that response Dabber never thought about mixing up the two lights like that maybe I'll do a little bit more research... Trying to come up with at least a good thousand watts of light without breaking my bank
420-magazine-mobile976132590.jpg

Granted I don't know what each curve accomplishes I just know I tried to align the spectral output with this graph and wouldn't buy a light that doesn't do me the decency of providing spectral output data :)

I hear ya on that... thanks

420-magazine-mobile1642996736.jpg
420-magazine-mobile376704758.jpg
420-magazine-mobile847556969.jpg

Took this from bag seed, started blooming approx 4th week June. It is very hot here. Day time temps mid 90's. Average lows still in 70's. Any advice on cooling her down? Today I removed her from all afternoon sun. I am worried trichomes will get too done before her buds thicken up more. I can't bring her inside. Any advice? I am lucky with FL climate she looks as good as she does... thank you!!!

All preference. I don't believe personally in 24 hour light. The lighta need a break and the plants should be allowed to dark cycle, imo. But it's not neccisarry. I mean the only place that gets 24 hours of sunlight is... well where I live... alaska! I'm a firm believer in replicating the sun as close as possible. Which would be 18/6 veg. Some so more some do less. I like a smoother transition in flowering, 3 week 13/11 then 4 weeks 12/12. 3 weeks 11/13 and last 2 or 3 weeks . And 48 hours complete dark before harvest. Trichromes are produced as a result of many things uvb, cooler air, and darkness :) everyone has their opinion this is mine.

Check out my bathtub grow in a hempy bucket!
Themaddabber's Hempy Bucket Bathtub Grow 2017

The more you know the more you'll grow

-Dabber

Wow thanks for that I will take your advice. I've had some people to tell me I should start a journal. But I'm not exactly sure on how to do that can someone help with a step by step to get to where I can start it up I'd really appreciate it

Wow thanks for that I will take your advice. I've had some people to tell me I should start a journal. But I'm not exactly sure on how to do that can someone help with a step by step to get to where I can start it up I'd really appreciate it

Hey Jdub. You will find this helpful as well.
How to Make a Grow Journal

420-magazine-mobile1642996736.jpg
420-magazine-mobile376704758.jpg
420-magazine-mobile847556969.jpg

Took this from bag seed, started blooming approx 4th week June. It is very hot here. Day time temps mid 90's. Average lows still in 70's. Any advice on cooling her down? Today I removed her from all afternoon sun. I am worried trichomes will get too done before her buds thicken up more. I can't bring her inside. Any advice? I am lucky with FL climate she looks as good as she does... thank you!!!
Nice looking girl bird.... as for cooling her down while bein outside... bout the only thing you can do is keep her out of direct sunlight during the hottest part of the day.... gotta love this fl heat lol

Does anyone know anything about drying and using the root? I'd like to to process them into a powdered form, but I can't seem to find any specifics on how to do this.
I'm wondering if it's simply a matter of allowing them to dry naturally or if it should be done in the oven...
Any advice is appreciated.
Cheers.

Hello
I am in week 4 of flower and there are seeds developing in all 6 of my girls..what can I do at this point ,,what can i hope to salvage from these girls
Thanks

Any6one ?

This happened to me on my last grow with 4 bagseed plants. It was a hard decision to make...to either cut them or let them finish. I decided to let them finish. I ended up with 12 ounces of lightly seeded, smoke-able buds....not really a bad thing. But the buds turned out light and airy with lots of red hair and not a lot of trichomes or potency. I'm glad I let them finish just for the experience. I'll probably try something else new with the product....make hash out of it.

If you have great genetics and somehow got a hermie, and the plants are healthy, you might want to let them finish. You'd probably end up with decent smoke. But if they're unknown bagseed, might be better off starting a new batch with some good seeds (IMHO).

Out of a 10 pack of reg seeds I usually get 6 male 2 or 3 female and 1 or 2 herm. Out of 10 fem seeds I usually dont find one that doesnt pop out nanners before being finished, you just have to keep hunting until you find one worth keeping.
I just wanted guaranteed results so got some fem seeds. Hopefully they turn into some big producers.

Hi,

Its been a while since I have been plugged in. You were so helpful to me in the past, I thought of you as I have been trying to diagnose a sick plant.

This is a FastBuds LSD-25 that is growing outside. I planted them very late, about July 4 from seed. I fertilized them
a few times lightly with Gro Big and Big Bloom according to their directions. The weather has been good - about 75 every day, not too humid, a nice rain here and there.

I have a sister plant with the exact same conditions which seems to be a different phenotype and is looking perfectly lovely.

I was wondering if anyone has seen this and what you think it might be:

IMG_270728.JPG

Hi,

Its been a while since I have been plugged in. You were so helpful to me in the past, I thought of you as I have been trying to diagnose a sick plant.

This is a FastBuds LSD-25 that is growing outside. I planted them very late, about July 4 from seed. I fertilized them
a few times lightly with Gro Big and Big Bloom according to their directions. The weather has been good - about 75 every day, not too humid, a nice rain here and there.

I have a sister plant with the exact same conditions which seems to be a different phenotype and is looking perfectly lovely.

IMG_270728.JPG
Holy shit!!!!!

Hi,

IMG_270728.JPG
What is your ph? What kind of soil did you put in to the ground?

Hi snid im new im emma nice to meet you. I did a post asking what could be wrong with my babies (critical kush) just about a week into flowering. Leaves have turned yellow at the bottom and top some with white spots on them and some with black??
I thought it was maybe either a magnesium diffiencey or maybe the PH levels are wrong with it they are sitting at 6.
Or maybe a bug problem
Ive attached photos. I look forward to your advice
Thank you xx
420-magazine-mobile543352940.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2059106916.jpg

420-magazine-mobile303745856.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1039004778.jpg

420-magazine-mobile820367929.jpg

Hi snid im new im emma nice to meet you. I did a post asking what could be wrong with my babies (critical kush) just about a week into flowering. Leaves have turned yellow at the bottom and top some with white spots on them and some with black??
I thought it was maybe either a magnesium diffiencey or maybe the PH levels are wrong with it they are sitting at 6.
Or maybe a bug problem
Ive attached photos. I look forward to your advice
Thank you xx
420-magazine-mobile543352940.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2059106916.jpg

420-magazine-mobile303745856.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1039004778.jpg

420-magazine-mobile820367929.jpg
That looks like a calmag issue

Out of a 10 pack of reg seeds I usually get 6 male 2 or 3 female and 1 or 2 herm. Out of 10 fem seeds I usually dont find one that doesnt pop out nanners before being finished, you just have to keep hunting until you find one worth keeping.
This makes me sad to read luweedgi. I was told good feminized seeds were not supposed to herm.... may I ask how you obtain seeds? Seed bank? Dispensary? Make your own?

Back
Top Bottom