Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Okay so I have a minor aphids problem that I just noticed last night I just picked up some neem oil from the local Depot and was wondering if any of you kind folks on here would give me some pointers as to how to use it when to use it how often to use it do I delute it at all? Etc etc thank you

I am currently growing 3 strains to start with. All the seeds were from Crop King seeds and so far 100% germination

2- seeds of Cali OG Kush hybrid 70% sativa
2- seeds of Duram poison hybrid 60% sativa
2- seed of green crack hybrid mainly Indica
i am also trying seedlings in solo cups vs peat pots (wife thinks peat is better) i've read plastic is better. i potted the germinated seed into seedling soil 9 days ago. They sprouted within 1 day and grew to 2-3 inches tall and now have just stopped their upward growth and started spreading out. is this normal?

I am using a MAR II LED 1200 @ 23in above the sprout.
IMG_190232.JPG
IMG_191237.JPG
IMG_192932.JPG
IMG_193335.JPG
IMG_193641.JPG

Thanks for any help

Hey Sly,

I *think* I understand your question. You want to know if there is a difference between starting seedlings in peat pots vs plastic solo cups. For the amount of the time that a seedling is in a cup, it prolly won't make a difference. In my mind, the solo cup might leach harmful chems (BPH?) but these are drinking cups so they prolly don't leach anything (harmful). If anything, you can pot the peat right into your dirt so there's convenience.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

The girls look good to me too.
:thumb:

2 quick questions...Does anyone else have problems with seedlings not knocking off their shell without a little help? and what is the longest an auto you grew has stayed in veg and flowered without any help like switching to 12/12 and did it produce more bud from longer veg or did it produce less than expected? Sorry if these questions were covered here already but there is quite a few pages to get through on this thread!!

Thanks sloppy

I did the peat pots thinking they would be better because like you said you just put the peat pot and all when you transplant. what ive notice so far is they take more water than the solo cups and so far they are half the size. i am actually surprised by this as i thought peat would have been a better medium. They are now 9 days old and growing quite well. Is there a best time to transplant into a larger container?. when i do transplant i will be going to the promix HP. next question is when to start applying nutes. my plan is to use GO nutes.

So much information out there its tough to tell which is correct.
Day14feb12day9ag_1_.JPG

hi Itibitiguy

I will be using the Promix HP when i transfer my seedlings for the first time (currently just in a starter mix.)

My thoughts are like yours just use a all in one brand i was going with the nurseryland brand here in canada. but basically has everything that the botanical cns17 has in it, My friends who used to grow talked me into using the General Organics 3 part system any thoughts as to whats best. i do like to keep it simple. I have a Journal started to show my progress.

2 quick questions...Does anyone else have problems with seedlings not knocking off their shell without a little help?

I find that the shell comes off most seedlings without help but the odd one may occasionally need some very very careful assistance.

what is the longest an auto you grew has stayed in veg and flowered without any help like switching to 12/12 and did it produce more bud from longer veg or did it produce less than expected? Sorry if these questions were covered here already but there is quite a few pages to get through on this thread!!

I saw a few strains marketed as "maxi" autos a few years back that supposedly vegged for longer than 3 weeks and grew bigger than regular autos but I have never grown this type or seen it in person (can't seem to find them now...maybe I dreamt it haha). All the autos I grow go into flower somewhere during week 3-4. I have never had to stimulate flowering by switching to 12/12. If you have to do this, then it's not an auto.

Thanks sloppy

I did the peat pots thinking they would be better because like you said you just put the peat pot and all when you transplant. what ive notice so far is they take more water than the solo cups and so far they are half the size. i am actually surprised by this as i thought peat would have been a better medium. They are now 9 days old and growing quite well. Is there a best time to transplant into a larger container?. when i do transplant i will be going to the promix HP. next question is when to start applying nutes. my plan is to use GO nutes.

Sly, my guideline to transplant is when the seedlings' leaves span across the cup. Yours (in the solo) are almost ready.

I hope this helps!
:goodluck:

Does someone know what this is?

Doesn't seem like pests but maybe I m wrong. I ve started foliar feeding since one week with terpinator and biocanna boost. Maybe it s too much? Using the recommanded dosage of each product.

So first time grower here just running into a few issues. Like most I spent probably way too much time doing research instead of just doing. I am now in week 3 under my reflector LED and I am starting to second guess the sex of my plants. I kept looking for "balls" and couldn't really find any so I more or less guessed they were female. Can someone please confirm? I put pictures of both plants below;

Here is my first plant
full

full

Second plant;
full

My second question would be how do I go about forcing my plant to stretch? At nearly 4 weeks they are just now reaching about 10 inches from soil to the top of the plant yet there seems to be hundreds of leaves. A slight exaggeration, but seems too short and bushy rather than tall and slender. Is that just the strain or can something be done about that? Here are a couple pictures of the entire plants and they don't even show exactly what I am talking about. I peel back one leaf and there are 3 separate leaves hiding underneath.

full

full

full

So first time grower here just running into a few issues. Like most I spent probably way too much time doing research instead of just doing. I am now in week 3 under my reflector LED and I am starting to second guess the sex of my plants. I kept looking for "balls" and couldn't really find any so I more or less guessed they were female. Can someone please confirm? I put pictures of both plants below;

Here is my first plant
full

full

Second plant;
full

My second question would be how do I go about forcing my plant to stretch? At nearly 4 weeks they are just now reaching about 10 inches from soil to the top of the plant yet there seems to be hundreds of leaves. A slight exaggeration, but seems too short and bushy rather than tall and slender. Is that just the strain or can something be done about that? Here are a couple pictures of the entire plants and they don't even show exactly what I am talking about. I peel back one leaf and there are 3 separate leaves hiding underneath.

full

full

full

4 weeks From seed germination yes? what strain is it? how much light are you using wattage wise, if led the real wattage output not the make believe number that companies exagerrate.

The plants will 'stretch' when you transition to flower, turning light schedule to 12/12. they can double or grow to 5-6x the size during first 4 weeks of 12/12.

Plants do look healthy enough but a touch on the small side for 4 weeks. But your medium is soil and I grow mostly hydroponic in coco and growth is significantly faster. follow my journals for tips on growing and maybe learn about using coco coir as a medium, I always try to answer questions as fast as poss, links are in my sig.

4 weeks From seed germination yes? what strain is it? how much light are you using wattage wise, if led the real wattage output not the make believe number that companies exagerrate.

The plants will 'stretch' when you transition to flower, turning light schedule to 12/12. they can double or grow to 5-6x the size during first 4 weeks of 12/12.

Plants do look healthy enough but a touch on the small side for 4 weeks. But your medium is soil and I grow mostly hydroponic in coco and growth is significantly faster. follow my journals for tips on growing and maybe learn about using coco coir as a medium, I always try to answer questions as fast as poss, links are in my sig.

Thanks for the quick response. Yeah I am on day 25 but its good to know once I switch over to flower a lot of growth will be gained. I didn't use any nutrients for the first 2 weeks so maybe that slowed them down a bit.

As far as lighting I am using a Mars reflector 144. I'll keep an eye on your journal -- I only started with soil cause I figured it to be the easiest. Hopefully learning as I go. Thanks again for the help.

n addition to the core nutrients that the plant needs to grow, you'll also find copper, zinc, iron, cobalt, borax, manganese, nitrogen, and carbon. That provides a lot of versatility in nutrients for all different kinds of plants and many different kinds plus npk is there anything else a plants needs

There's 17 mineral elements and 3 non-mineral(carbon, hydrogen & oxygen) needed for plant growth.....if even one is non existent there'll be no growth....AFAIK all plant life on earth requires all 20

Back
Top Bottom