Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

One other thing that could help you is to Zip Tie a piece of 1/2 inch PVC pipe to the inside of your basket and drill out the bottom of the basket where the PVC pipe rests on. This will allow you to push a garden stake though the basket and rest on the bottom of your 5 gallon bucket. here is a couple of pics to show you what I mean.

After you put the garden stake through you wedge a piece of wood between the stake and inside wall of the PVC pipe. You will be able to tie your plant to the stake for support.

One other thing that could help you is to Zip Tie a piece of 1/2 inch PVC pipe to the inside of your basket and drill out the bottom of the basket where the PVC pipe rests on. This will allow you to push a garden stake though the basket and rest on the bottom of your 5 gallon bucket. here is a couple of pics to show you what I mean.

After you put the garden stake through you wedge a piece of wood between the stake and inside wall of the PVC pipe. You will be able to tie your plant to the stake for support.
Very innovative, nice! I ve thought about out my scrog frame over them that I have for my 5x5 but I like to get the plants out when I water them so I would have to change up my routine.. but I do have a shopvac. I like the 1/2” pvc idea but it would be easier to execute before the hydroton and plant were in place

Very innovative, nice! I ve thought about out my scrog frame over them that I have for my 5x5 but I like to get the plants out when I water them so I would have to change up my routine.. but I do have a shopvac. I like the 1/2” pvc idea but it would be easier to execute before the hydroton and plant were in place
Yeah. I was talking about your next grow, if you were using the same method. DWC systems has been the best way for me.

Iv read some of leafly stuff before but iv had mixed results, someone is bound to of had first hand experience with them, i know green crack is double in size, my super lemon is half the size of it at the moment so if it were to be 200% that would be great as an even canopy.

I’ve decided I want to move both my exhaust & my light units outside my tent, so hanging from right above it....so in comes odor control....the room my tent is in is about 5’ x 9’ x 9’...tent is in the far back corner....I’m hoping that if I have my filter hanging right above my tent...the only in/out flow in the tent will be one open vent at the very bottom, and a little opening at the top which will be cut out to allow the lighting to sit flush with the tent roof, and the filter will hang right above the light units.

The filter will create some suction drawing air upwards inside the tent, and I can angle my fans from below blowing air upwards....would this suffice in odor control you think? As long as the air is flowing upwards towards the filter, I can’t picture how the odor would be able to escape through anywhere else....thoughts?

Hello everyone!

Need some info on sensi seeds super skunk, iv ordered some and plan to veg for 5-6 weeks, just need to know how much they stretched and how long you let them go for, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hello cult and thanks for the reply!

What temps do you think i should be hitting for flower and veg as iv got an auto adjuster i can play with to get right, planning on a 7-8 week veg.

Thanks buddy!

Hello everyone,

I'm still quite a bit of a newbie and especially growing in coco coir so what help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

I have, for my first grow in coco, a super blueberry Auto. She's 38 days old and has spots that I can't identify. I recently switch from filtered water to RO water and now think that that was a mistake. I'm using Sensi-grow A&B at about 1/2 strength (although that's within the last 3/4 feedings - days).

Average pH is 5.7
32 oz of Sensi-grow A&B with B-52 every day.
Tent size is 2'x2'x4'
Tent temperature is about 26-27 C (it's jumped up much more because of the Bloom setting and I'm adding more fans today)
Light is Mars-Hydro Mars Pro II Epistar 80 LED

My current thinking is that this is a Cal-Mag problem but I'm prone to overthinking sh*t. I've been supplementing Cal-mag at a concentration of 1 mL / Liter for the last 2 days/feedings

Your keen eye would be most appreciated. Am I on the right track or should I consider something else?

Mahalo!:thanks:

Not a coco grower myself...however don’t think that you made a mistake switching to RO water...starting with RO water can eliminate tons of possibilities down the road, it’s the right choice

I have grown soilless before, and I know that a lot of people that nute feed start to experience Ca issues when they switch from tap to RO, so I’d suggest sticking with the CalMag

You’re using 1ml/liter, what’s the recommended dosage with your product?

Hello everyone,

I'm still quite a bit of a newbie and especially growing in coco coir so what help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

I have, for my first grow in coco, a super blueberry Auto. She's 38 days old and has spots that I can't identify. I recently switch from filtered water to RO water and now think that that was a mistake. I'm using Sensi-grow A&B at about 1/2 strength (although that's within the last 3/4 feedings - days).

Average pH is 5.7
32 oz of Sensi-grow A&B with B-52 every day.
Tent size is 2'x2'x4'
Tent temperature is about 26-27 C (it's jumped up much more because of the Bloom setting and I'm adding more fans today)
Light is Mars-Hydro Mars Pro II Epistar 80 LED

My current thinking is that this is a Cal-Mag problem but I'm prone to overthinking sh*t. I've been supplementing Cal-mag at a concentration of 1 mL / Liter for the last 2 days/feedings

Your keen eye would be most appreciated. Am I on the right track or should I consider something else?

Mahalo!:thanks:
my experience is that the combo of coco with LED makes for a HUGE calmag consumption ... and switching from tap to RO is definitely gonna cause calmag issues .... i use tap and it is known to be very calcinated with that i use special coco nutrients Plagron Cocos A+B these contain a lot of added calcium and magnesium as well ... i added extra Kieserite for more Mg and still as soon as i switch bloom mode, and even before but to a lesser extent, she started to display Mg deficiency ... tap has maybe 150ppm of calcium she isnt getting from your Ro so up the calmag ...

Thanks GOP and Ptero,

The bottle of CAL MAjick recommends 1 ml / liter and I had absolutely no concept of LED effecting nutes. Now that I think about it, I could see how that might wollop them.

Thanks again for your help.
:ganjamon:

Looking for some advice on decent tent fans....tent is only 4'x4'....had a couple of those Royal Soverign 6" clip on fans but they died after 1 grow and didn't move enough air as it was...so looking for something better, as in moves more air and last longer....a clip on style would be preferred however I can mount anything really, and nothing huge...something smaller than 10" :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom