Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

@GodOfPot thanks buddy, iv kept a fair few diaries at home from day flip to harvest and they work out around 45-50 days, this strain must need more but we shall see, iv got another 4 seedlings popped ready so a nice 45-60 days veg should be nice for the next garden grow.

Hello once again!

Seeing as though i may as well move in, i have another quick question, im quite busy this week with work and wont have that much time, iv got 4 seeds germinating, there popped but not fully out as yet, am i safe to put them in coco now and cover in cling film to set them away?

Only reason im asking as iv never put seeds in this early without tails.

Any suggestions are more than welcome.

I would give another 4 weeks, flush in around 2 weeks time, make them swell.
Just wondering what the science is to this ‘bud swell’? Sounds like just forcing water down the plants throat making it absorb as much water as it can?

Flushing isn’t good for all mediums either, so I’d say it depends more on what it’s being grown in :Namaste:

If he has been growing with synthetic nutrients i think its highly important to flush them out before harvest, no one wants to smoke chemicals.

The term swell, meaning let them bulk up alot more towards the end for maximum growth before harvest.

Any synthetic nutrients should be washed out, i dont no if anyones ever tasted bud that has not been flushed but its disgusting aswell as does not burn great at all, if your in soil iv heard 1 week is enough but im sure people will help you more on the matter in here buddy.

The term swell, meaning let them bulk up alot more towards the end for maximum growth before harvest.

This is what I’m wondering, if it’s only water they’re getting, then they’re just swelling up with water, what purpose does it serve if you only turn around and cure them anyways to remove the water?

Any plant you cut down the buds are mostly water weight, cutting of there supply of nutrients and only giving them water makes them stack weight and that info i have got from these forums from great growers, if people have been using synthetic nutrients and dont flush in my opinion they do not have any taste buds, iv had buds that have very few synthetic nutrients in them and not flushed and its honestly made me ill, the last thing anyone wants in there system is chemicals.

I understand the flushing part and why that’s done or needed....but by the sounds of it ‘bud swell’ seems more like a side effect rather than an actual desired goal or something to strive for :Namaste:

This is what I’m wondering, if it’s only water they’re getting, then they’re just swelling up with water, what purpose does it serve if you only turn around and cure them anyways to remove the water?

No thats not true. By giving water it forces the plants to used up stored nutes and cannabilise its self. the flush of water cleans crap out of the substrate and with no nutes to feed on it realises its at the end of its life and pushes hard to finish flower. Giving water the last 7-14 days can boost yields by as much as 25% on some strains.

No thats not true. By giving water it forces the plants to used up stored nutes and cannabilise its self. the flush of water cleans crap out of the substrate and with no nutes to feed on it realises its at the end of its life and pushes hard to finish flower. Giving water the last 7-14 days can boost yields by as much as 25% on some strains.

What do you define as ‘flushing’?
My understanding of ‘flushing’ is to over water your plant, run much more water through it then is required, or is it simply just feeding it the same amount of water as you regularly would minus the nutes?

Back
Top Bottom