Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Thanks SLHLover, if you were using hps would you pull back a bit on the calmag?

Its possible to grow in coco without using calmag at all but it depends on your base nutes. Id recomend adding 0.2ec/100ppm(500 conversion) calmag to your mix though as a starting point then you can raise or lower as needed.

If you want to learn more on growing in coco please check out my how to grow in coco thread in my signature. You will find everything you need to know there but make sure you read the introductìon before asking questions.

Good luck.

Its possible to grow in coco without using calmag at all but it depends on your base nutes. Id recomend adding 0.2ec/100ppm(500 conversion) calmag to your mix though as a starting point then you can raise or lower as needed.

If you want to learn more on growing in coco please check out my how to grow in coco thread in my signature. You will find everything you need to know there but make sure you read the introductìon before asking questions.

Good luck.
Hey Cultivator, I tried to check out you DWC-Drip Irrigation Hydro but it didn't take me to the the journal. I must be doing something wrong. I am new to the site.

Ive looked all over the interweb and still on the fence about how to fix my problem.

Setup --3'x3'x5' tent, 300w led, 4" 189 cfm carbon filtered exhaust fan, 2 6" clip fans to move air and a 6" clip fan helping push air in.

Problem ----Got my grow tent setup in my attic but the temp inside is staying around 54 degrees which I have read is too cold. I am looking to grow 4 autos. So i added a cfl bulb and heating pad and put my ventilation on a timed cycle but still can't get a temp higher than 58. I read the space heaters pose a fire hazard and shouldnt be used but I dont see another way. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Also any tips on improving my tent would be appreciated also.

Take the 6" intake fan out, its pumping to much cold air in, generally speaking your intake fan should always be smaller than your exhaust fan, open a side went slightly, it will still suck enough air in.

Take the 6" intake fan out, its pumping to much cold air in, generally speaking your intake fan should always be smaller than your exhaust fan, open a side went slightly, it will still suck enough air in.
Doing away with it now. Also if i put the pots on the heating pad would it be warm enough for the plants to grow and thrive or do i need to get the air temp on up.

Ive looked all over the interweb and still on the fence about how to fix my problem.

Setup --3'x3'x5' tent, 300w led, 4" 189 cfm carbon filtered exhaust fan, 2 6" clip fans to move air and a 6" clip fan helping push air in.

Problem ----Got my grow tent setup in my attic but the temp inside is staying around 54 degrees which I have read is too cold. I am looking to grow 4 autos. So i added a cfl bulb and heating pad and put my ventilation on a timed cycle but still can't get a temp higher than 58. I read the space heaters pose a fire hazard and shouldnt be used but I dont see another way. So any help would be greatly appreciated. Also any tips on improving my tent would be appreciated also.
I use a oil radiant heater when it gets too cold in my room. they are portable and safe.

Would you open any other vents to aid in vent after turning off?

Mine has been off, at least during this veg, on this current grow. My temps and humidity are much higher.

I still have my oscillating fan moving air in there, and an open vent at the bottom, but the girls are loving the environment. Humidity is too high for when I flip to flower, so I'll run the inline fan at that time and hope the temps are ok since it's warming up outside

Keep your vents open and if the HM gets to high then stick a dehumidifier in there or something that can catch HM, keep fans moving you should be fine, if your in flower then a dehumidifier is a must.

Agreed on turning the fans off. If its a store bought tent it should breathe enough for the plants to be okay. If u are turning off the exhaust I'd put a powered fan in your attic roof vent to move more air up and out or u could get mold.

Good call on the auto's. When I started before I got the heater I just ran 20/4 on the lights to keep it warm enough

I'm not using an attic but I did have cold issues. I also used an oil heater on a temp controller to fix that.

Agreed on turning the fans off. If its a store bought tent it should breathe enough for the plants to be okay. If u are turning off the exhaust I'd put a powered fan in your attic roof vent to move more air up and out or u could get mold.

Good call on the auto's. When I started before I got the heater I just ran 20/4 on the lights to keep it warm enough

I'm not using an attic but I did have cold issues. I also used an oil heater on a temp controller to fix that.
This ^^^
I'm in a cold area too, and use an oil heat on a temp controller. Make sure you got some flow in your attic ... you don't want any mold.

With the 2 weeks per year of cold weather we get here, I also use the oil radiators - very effective. Yes turn extractor fan off but do keep internal fans on as you want airflow to prevent pathogens taking hold. I also find that raising the plant off the floor or insulating them them from the cold floor (blankets, cardboard etc) also helps. In the worst scenario, as long as you can keep the temps above 17 Celsius you will keep the plant alive until things warm up.

Back
Top Bottom