Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Hey I’ve harvested few plants now. But none of them hasn’t given me that smell I’m looking for when dried. They’ve all been different starins but kinda end up smelling the same when dried. Am I harvesting to soon or drying to long can someone help me out please because im coming up on another harvest but I want the outcome to be better smell wise

Hey I’ve harvested few plants now. But none of them hasn’t given me that smell I’m looking for when dried. They’ve all been different starins but kinda end up smelling the same when dried. Am I harvesting to soon or drying to long can someone help me out please because im coming up on another harvest but I want the outcome to be better smell wise

Normally this happens when you dry the weed too fast with too warm temps or if the humidity is too low. Ideally you want to dry the weed at 50-60rh and then it will dry slowly and will retain a good shape and density while maintaining a nice smell. Then cure it and it will lose the smell a little as the chlorophyl breaks down and goes a little grassy then it will start to mature and intensify in smell and flavour.

Its a lot like making wine. Small difference in ambient temperature, air pressure and humidity all play a large effect on the final product.

Normally this happens when you dry the weed too fast with too warm temps or if the humidity is too low. Ideally you want to dry the weed at 50-60rh and then it will dry slowly and will retain a good shape and density while maintaining a nice smell. Then cure it and it will lose the smell a little as the chlorophyl breaks down and goes a little grassy then it will start to mature and intensify in smell and flavour.

Its a lot like making wine. Small difference in ambient temperature, air pressure and humidity all play a large effect on the final product.

Ok. So up my room humidity, flush better before harvest. And a better cure. How do you cure ? I jar them after dried and trimmed with humida packs and open once or twice a day for 15mins to air out. Do you have a better cure method or some tips to touch up how I cure

I grow too much to cure in jars. I basically do around a 2 week dry in RH of 50-60 and plenty air movement and temps of 60-65f. It then gets vacpacked or packed in paper bags and its up to the buyers to cure it. Its just the way it is where im located. No one has a clue how to cure weed properly here. Ive seen some pretty shocking drying methods.

420-magazine-mobile1686857426.jpg

Thoughts??? I'm be going to get some spinosad and DE tonight. I can also get NEEM. Would like some opinions first please and thank you

-dabber
You look for mites mites signs are yellow spots on leafs almost turn white kinda it bot mustaken . I’d go neem oil before anything myself . Check under them fans even use loupe if you can ?

Flushing seems to be a hit and miss issues I’ve leanred . I can tell you they say in hydroponics no flush to a two day max flush is needed and if running organic nutes not as much sulpher and salt build up so no need they say.

Coco they say 3-7 days depending how heavy you were feeding and what size pot I assume.

Soil they say 10-14 days
I’ve slow dried my headband batch temp were at 50-55% rh mostly and temp around 68-70 f with a fan opposite side of room blowing air lightly around .

Try to keep it dark too well cursing boost the Terps.

I can also agree to high nitro can cause the grassy smell.

Ways to improve harvest

Dark period 24,48,72 hrs. Before chop.

Are you hanging your buds upside down no more then I believe two days ?

Also look at bud washing too that improves taste for sure . And aroma I personally believe based on using it before . I will be washing my big bomb and OGC buds this harvest in next few weeks on my journal .

Slow dry is nice and if you can control temps have access to climate control fridge go see sweet sue slow and low cure method link .

Best I got for now

You look for mites mites signs are yellow spots on leafs almost turn white kinda it bot mustaken . I’d go neem oil before anything myself . Check under them fans even use loupe if you can ?
I'd hit them with something right away. Looks like they just getting started there.... even snip off that fan if it's got eggs underneath if you can. Get at them quick

I'd hit them with something right away. Looks like they just getting started there.... even snip off that fan if it's got eggs underneath if you can. Get at them quick
That is if it’s motes it’s really hard to tell to me personally but could be pest is look good and spray with neem oil if I suspect pest mites for example are an issue. They also say it’s could of not using a z7 or hydrogaurd to protect your medium
To run h202 I put a couple caps fulls in per gal before nothing bad came of it. That will kill other kind of gnats and etc algae and what not . So even once a month if not using an beneficial enzyme cleaner ain’t going to hurt . But again I dot. Bother myself personally until an issue happens . No pest this run yet OGC and big bomb still in there . Has been pesticide and neem oil and pest resilient thank god after my outdoor summer grow last year man those mites were killa .

I need help i have 4 of these and this one the leaf tips curling sideways, temp is 25c HM 65%, potted in coco/perlite mix, PH'd water with BioBizz BioGrow 2.5ml, House and Garden root excelurator 0.3ml, Mother Pukka Budwiser 0.5ml, Voodoo Juice 2ml, all of these are to 1L, under a 4 bar T5.

The two in the pics you can see are 2 clones and there okay just before someone says its N.

One thing you could use if your weed gets too dry and looses the smell and stickyness is put a lettuce leafs in the jar with your stuff and wait for 24 hours. the lettuce will rehydrate it and you should get some smell back.

That is if it’s motes it’s really hard to tell to me personally but could be pest is look good and spray with neem oil if I suspect pest mites for example are an issue. They also say it’s could of not using a z7 or hydrogaurd to protect your medium
To run h202 I put a couple caps fulls in per gal before nothing bad came of it. That will kill other kind of gnats and etc algae and what not . So even once a month if not using an beneficial enzyme cleaner ain’t going to hurt . But again I dot. Bother myself personally until an issue happens . No pest this run yet OGC and big bomb still in there . Has been pesticide and neem oil and pest resilient thank god after my outdoor summer grow last year man those mites were killa .

H2O2 can be used in try hydro setups, in other words in medium less grows or grows using clay pebbles. It ca n be used to clean, sterilise and kill algae, root rot etc. However the only time I ever use it now is when im doing a complete clean down. It is FAR FAR better to use beneficial bacterias, fungi and enzymes in all medias except aeroponics to keep the media and root zone healthy and to tackle pests etc.

If its omits you need to get win that immediately. pull off any damaged leaves. Spray with Plant Vitality if you can get it, thats works for mites every time. If you can't get that look for killermite. It won't do any harm to treat for mites and if you don't have mites it will prevent them. Put yellow sticky traps in the tops of pots also.

H2O2 can be used in try hydro setups, in other words in medium less grows or grows using clay pebbles. It ca n be used to clean, sterilise and kill algae, root rot etc. However the only time I ever use it now is when im doing a complete clean down. It is FAR FAR better to use beneficial bacterias, fungi and enzymes in all medias except aeroponics to keep the media and root zone healthy and to tackle pests etc.

If its omits you need to get win that immediately. pull off any damaged leaves. Spray with Plant Vitality if you can get it, thats works for mites every time. If you can't get that look for killermite. It won't do any harm to treat for mites and if you don't have mites it will prevent them. Put yellow sticky traps in the tops of pots also.
So it sounds like we’re on the same page cult ✊

I need help i have 4 of these and this one the leaf tips curling sideways, temp is 25c HM 65%, potted in coco/perlite mix, PH'd water with BioBizz BioGrow 2.5ml, House and Garden root excelurator 0.3ml, Mother Pukka Budwiser 0.5ml, Voodoo Juice 2ml, all of these are to 1L, under a 4 bar T5.

The two in the pics you can see are 2 clones and there okay just before someone says its N.

What is your ph going in buddy? Have you did a slurry test @InTheShed might be able to assist you here better

What is your ph going in buddy? Have you did a slurry test @InTheShed might be able to assist you here better
For those looking to slurry test soil pH, I do it with a tablespoon of soil in 8 ounces of distilled water. Shake it every 15 minutes for an hour and let it sit for another hour. Then test the pH of the water with a calibrated pH meter.

Here is the "official" way from the Hanna Instruments Blog
How to Test Soil Using the Slurry Method
• Gather some soil from the test area.
Take the homogeneous sample and add equal parts of soil and distilled or deionized (DI) water in a 1:1 ratio. So, for 25 grams of soil you would add 25 mL of water.
• Stir the sample for 5 seconds.
• Let it sit for 15 minutes.
Start stirring the sample again after 15 minutes, and take your measurement.

PH going in is 6.2-5, there in coco and they hardilys have a run of, but i have another question, im planning on planting them in 25L pots, do you think i can get away with putting them in 7L pots for 2 weeks then put them into the final 25L?

Back
Top Bottom