Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

I have a problem not really sure how to fix it.
420-magazine-mobile244032265.jpg

Chakita99-
Try increasing nitrogen uptake, through soil / foliar feed, lower leaves fading seems like a decency as the plant sucks itself to feed the new top growth. With 2x300w lights you wouldn't imagine lack of light to be the issue. The humidity is a little low, will make them look dry and unhealthy, foliage feeding might help there too.
Not sure about the burning tips/edges, could be CalMg related, that treatment might stop new signs of damage and distress.

Japawe-
Maybe lights are too close after flower stretch? I've had these symptoms after stretch, moving my light up stopped further misshapen/bleached leaves.

* nice looking budlets! What's the strain / setup details?

Roots growing out of grow bags is this an issue
420-magazine-mobile662603882.jpg

Not unless you wanted to put it into a bigger pot. Fabric pots are supposed to allow the roots to come out to be "air pruned", they will brown up and wither away. You can just cut them off if you want. The problem is that the rootball is going to be stuck in the pot now so you won't be ale to pull it out and put it into a larger one. You might be able to put it directly into a larger pot of soil with the pot still on it, but I don't think you'd get great drainage and if the roots prune off they will stop growing outward anyway.

is there any particular trick or strategy to transition from veg to flower ? i was thinking the last day of veg that i would go 24 hours lights on followed by 24 hours of dark then start my 12/12 cycle . i heard people say they do 36 hours of darkness then 12/12 . seems 36 is excessive and i dont understand the theory on that strategy .
I slowly decrease the grow nutes and slowly introduce bloom nutes. For every ml of grow taken away add bloom in its place. Works for me

Chakita99-
Try increasing nitrogen uptake, through soil / foliar feed, lower leaves fading seems like a decency as the plant sucks itself to feed the new top growth. With 2x300w lights you wouldn't imagine lack of light to be the issue. The humidity is a little low, will make them look dry and unhealthy, foliage feeding might help there too.
Not sure about the burning tips/edges, could be CalMg related, that treatment might stop new signs of damage and distress.
Thanks GrimReefer83! I'm assuming I spray during lights off? Should I spray with 1/2 dose fox farm grow big AND cal mag? I also have Big Bloom, which I've only used twice

hello all!

got 5 nothern lights in 20L pots been, wanting to veg them till the 12th then flip 12/12.

do you think they will fill my 4x4 scrog?

they will have been in veg 5 weeks on the 12th.

canopy is 10" above pots.

IMG_20170604_185911.jpg

Japawe-
Maybe lights are too close after flower stretch? I've had these symptoms after stretch, moving my light up stopped further misshapen/bleached leaves.

* nice looking budlets! What's the strain / setup details?

I'll try moving my light up some more, it's at 16" now.. I'm running 2 papaya seeds from Nirvana and a freebie that's already looking frosty. They are in a 2X4x5 foot tent under a 450w viparspectra LED. Running a homemade exhaust with temps reaching a high of 81, at the top of plants, to a low of 68. Humidity as high as 60 with lights out at night and a low of 40. Feeding fox far nutes every other water at 3/4 strength.

so i could use grow and bloom at the sametime through the week or 2 transition ?
Yes you can. In fact my last grow I kept grow and bloom going at the same time for 5 weeks before I cut out the grow nutes. It was an experiment I decided to try on the one of four plants. It ended up being the biggest and biggest yielding plant at 343 grams on an autoflower.

Yes you can. In fact my last grow I kept grow and bloom going at the same time for 5 weeks before I cut out the grow nutes. It was an experiment I decided to try on the one of four plants. It ended up being the biggest and biggest yielding plant at 343 grams on an autoflower.
damn thats alot for autos. was that wet or dry weight ?

Back
Top Bottom